Is a Mac Keyboard compatible with PC?

Hi there, I'm building myself a new rigg. and Was wondering this one very intriguing and important question. Would a mac's keyboard work with pc?

To ask the question more precisely its like, would the white mac pro keyboard work when plugged into my pc on a usb 2.0/3.0 or other ports. is it even possible? Should I get that keyboard instead of a pc one then? What are you're thoughts on this. :) And how cool would it be if it is possible.!

Really hoping to hear from you guys, Cheers. :) love you... ... NOT THAT WAY. haha. :D

SNIP

it will work but all of the shortcuts etc are all wrong

its not the best keyboard in the world either, but mostly they are annoying to use as half the keys dont work or are mapped differently to a normal windows keyboard

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

there are better PC keyboards for less money

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

It'll work. The layout will be unfamiliar for a while, but you'll get used to it. You can extract the keyboard drivers from the bootcamp package if you want the media controls to work

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

the better question is why the mac keyboard...

free country 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

the better question is why the mac keyboard...

there are better PC keyboards for less money

Interesting points indeed but its all about the compatibility and not the working process. mac's keyboard is optimized for mac's that'd mean that it works the best with mac. but the question was would it actually work with a pc. apart from the shortcut problems and macro keys and ctrl/alt all those. :)

He probably already has the keyboard.

Haha good guess but no. don't have it but have this curiosity inside my mind that keeps asking me if an apple product is compatible with a microsoft/pc product haha