should i play cs;go?

jonadegraaf

Hi.

I have never played a shooter on pc and was wondering if cs go is a good game to start with.

Thanks.

You may as well get it.

It'll be really difficult at first but you'll get used to it :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

It's definitely difficult compared to other shooters on PC but it's a lot of fun.

so yeah I think so.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

its competitive and thats what makes you want to succeed, its not like cod where basically anyone can aim and kill, it takes skill, learning how to control recoil is the hardest part but once you get used to that its all over for the enemies, the ak is a beast and if you can use that, you can use pretty much use anything (except negav) that shit cray.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

A good shooter to start with?

csgo has one of the highest learning curves of any shooter out there, up with games like Arma. If you want a good fps to get your feet wet, try Battlefield, or CoD. For as much shit as we give them they are at least top tier fps'.

Csgo has such a massive amount of meta game physics, and such a competitive vibe, it would honestly be better to go with a mild fps to get your feet wet. When you think you've got those down, then jump on csgo. You'll be surprised how easily you should be able to stomp through the ranks on there.

I was a cod player back in the day, before I really got into computer gaming. I think that is what gave me a lot of the skills I use in other FPS', and also playing the metric crap out of arma and battlefield to that extent. It allowed me to, without having played the game before, watch 3 videos, then jump into competitive and get Nova Elite as my first rank. Skipping the shit silver tier all together. Thank god for that. My pals who started csgo as their first shooter ended up ranking into silver, and never really being able to get out of silver until they hooked up with other nova elites and MG's to play with a team that knows what their doing, and can play effectively. They had a really shitty time in the game when they were stuck in silver; you play with and against some of the worst people of that community, and every single time there's a sale, you can't play 3 games in a row without running into a blatant hacker spin botting and headshotting everyone from spawn with an awp.

It's a great fps, but not a great "first" fps.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

It's a very hard game to get properly good at.  If you want to be even above average you have to basically train for it on a daily basis.

So I would say no it's not a good fps to start with.  I can't even play the CS series anymore since I don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore (I stopped playing several years ago when CS 1.6 and CS:S were about 50/50 mix of popularity).

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

NOOOO, IT WILL CONSUME YOUR LIFE

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting very mixed answers here xD. What IS the best beginner shooter that i can get on steam?

its competitive and thats what makes you want to succeed, its not like cod where basically anyone can aim and kill, it takes skill, learning

SHOTS FIRED! (COD Fanboys be damned!) (JK, COD fanboys are ok too) 

if you're not used to FPS, you'll suck at it and might not like it. 

It's different than battlefield & cod. It's less realistic & more competitive. 

You should also play it for the gameplay, because the graphics aren't the best.

Honestly, if you want to experience FPS for the first time and play for fun, go for Battlefield.

In CS:GO you can't aim down sight, which is a problem for most bf/cod players, also one of the reasons that the learning curve is high.

I like the game though, so I can recommend it.. if you like a competitive game.

Getting very mixed answers here xD. What IS the best beginner shooter that i can get on steam?

Insurgency is a lot of fun :)

There is none... it depends on ur taste.

I think battlefield is the best if ur looking at "just an fps". it's really straight forward, but it offers a lot of different weapons/vehicles.

A good shooter to start with?

csgo has one of the highest learning curves of any shooter out there, up with games like Arma. If you want a good fps to get your feet wet, try Battlefield, or CoD. For as much shit as we give them they are at least top tier fps'.

Csgo has such a massive amount of meta game physics, and such a competitive vibe, it would honestly be better to go with a mild fps to get your feet wet. When you think you've got those down, then jump on csgo. You'll be surprised how easily you should be able to stomp through the ranks on there.

I was a cod player back in the day, before I really got into computer gaming. I think that is what gave me a lot of the skills I use in other FPS', and also playing the metric crap out of arma and battlefield to that extent. It allowed me to, without having played the game before, watch 3 videos, then jump into competitive and get Nova Elite as my first rank. Skipping the shit silver tier all together. Thank god for that. My pals who started csgo as their first shooter ended up ranking into silver, and never really being able to get out of silver until they hooked up with other nova elites and MG's to play with a team that knows what their doing, and can play effectively. They had a really shitty time in the game when they were stuck in silver; you play with and against some of the worst people of that community, and every single time there's a sale, you can't play 3 games in a row without running into a blatant hacker spin botting and headshotting everyone from spawn with an awp.

It's a great fps, but not a great "first" fps.

you do realise that you skipped silver because you were playing with team mates higher than silver? i myself am gold nova master (was mg1 but got deranked due to hacking scum) and my mate whos mg1 carried my friend to his first rank which was gold nova master, so hes won like 15 games and hes the same rank as me but nowhere near as good, his accuracy is poor and he needs to stop running about so much, my other friend on the other hand was carried to nova 2, its not a good thing imo, because if youre carried or put in a higher rank than you should be it leads to being beaten badly because you end up playing mg1s etc.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

you do realise that you skipped silver because you were playing with team mates higher than silver? i myself am gold nova master (was mg1 but got deranked due to hacking scum) and my mate whos mg1 carried my friend to his first rank which was gold nova master, so hes won like 15 games and hes the same rank as me but nowhere near as good, his accuracy is poor and he needs to stop running about so much, my other friend on the other hand was carried to nova 2, its not a good thing imo, because if youre carried or put in a higher rank than you should be it leads to being beaten badly because you end up playing mg1s etc.

because mgs are good?  <_<

Everything below dmg/eagle is nearly the same imo with the exception of silvers

Nope. I never played with anyone ranked. Me and all my pals joined into csgo at the same time, all unranked, and fought our way together through the 10 matches, winning 10, but losing a good number as well. Not once did we play with any of the guys on my list who are LEM, or DMG. Only now that we're ranked do we play with them. 

The Nova 4 (what ever it's called), was a rank I obtained by my lonesome. My mates all ranked Nova 4 or nova 3 as well.

When we started, we stomped our first three games, until we hit a losing streak for the following 2 weeks playing against nothing but DMG's and LEM's. After that, we started playing against mg2's and mg's. Then we managed to scrape out enough wins against mg's and nova 4's to get our ranks.

If i had really wanted a rank, I'd have had my LEM pals all boost me to dmg or le. But that's a farce, it's not a rank that i would have achieved by myself and my teamwork.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

because mgs are good?  <_<

Everything below dmg/eagle is nearly the same imo with the exception of silvers

have you ever heard of smurfs? yes mgs can be  good

have you ever heard of smurfs? yes mgs can be  good

mgs can't be good. and if it's a smurf, then it's not a mg.

It's different than battlefield & cod. It's less realistic & more competitive. 

whaaaaaa....? never been huge into multiplayer shooters, but cod suppose to be more realistic then cs?

whaaaaaa....? never been huge into multiplayer shooters, but cod suppose to be more realistic then cs?

Maybe... I liked the old cods a lot, when it was still WW2 like call of duty 2. I stopped after modern warfare 1.

Right now, with the latest call of duty everyone is jumping around in jetpacks and just killing eachother over and over. You respawn within a few secs and you go again. I honestly dislike that, it doesn't give you the feeling as if you want to stay alive. Also dying doesn't matter, where as in CS:GO it depends on winning & losing.

I only like games/modes where you can't respawn, that's why I like CS:GO and call of duty 2 destruction/bomb plant whatever it's called.

I play csgo, team fortress 2, battlefield 4 and dirty bomb...love'em all :P

Team fortress 2 is my fav right now, it's just crazy, one minute everyone is killing the shit out'a each other and then the next there all doing a conga around the map.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

mgs can't be good. and if it's a smurf, then it's not a mg.

funny how my friend is mg1 and hes amazing, mgs can be good, rank doesnt mean everything, some people get carried.

funny how my friend is mg1 and hes amazing, mgs can be good, rank doesnt mean everything, some people get carried.

True, but if he's still mg1 then he's bad. If he was really that good, he shouldn't be losing at that rank.

Most silver 2s are impressed by enemies that are playing with p90s, so that's not really a good argument.

I don't know your friend, but my honest opinion is that MG's in general suck, not counting smurfs. (which doesn't matter) I mean everyone sucked at CS:GO in the beginning and i'm not the best either.

@Ontopic. Just tryout games, also CS:GO is only like 9dollars on G2A.com, so it's worth a shot!

True, but if he's still mg1 then he's bad. If he was really that good, he shouldn't be losing at that rank.

Most silver 2s are impressed by enemies that are playing with p90s, so that's not really a good argument.

I don't know your friend, but my honest opinion is that MG's in general suck, not counting smurfs. (which doesn't matter) I mean everyone sucked at CS:GO in the beginning and i'm not the best either.

@Ontopic. Just tryout games, also CS:GO is only like 9dollars on G2A.com, so it's worth a shot!

MG is about developing game sense mostly, you should already know how to aim and recoil control, usually with the assistance of crouching to compensate for upwards spray. The issue is too many people get carried to their rank and play crap. On EU there's sometimes a language barrier on teams due to the many countries, where in NA everyone probably speaks the same language I imagine.

From what I've seem Silver 1-4 is quite bad- it is the COD player's rank as lots of people move while shooting, use scoped guns only and spray at everything, Silver Elite -> Gold Nova 2/3s basically play the same, bit better aim and usually don't spray across the map.

Gold Nova 4s aim a bit better and have an understanding of recoil/spray patterns and MGs have better gamesense and usually don't make boneheaded moves like rushing onto site or stairs from jungle to try kill the T on firebox instead of hiding in CT and waiting for him to be forced to plant, so you can either pick him or just play time to stop him planting and therefore make them lose the round.

...and on topic, as the game is cheap it's probably worth picking up, but my advice is to learn gun control, the maps and callouts before you play competitive, it's quite annoying to have someone my rank bringing their unranked 1st time playing friend into competitive without letting them practice first, they just get destroyed- it's not fun for them and it's not fun for us. It's also worth watching other experienced players play to see how they do things like take sites, defend them etc.

1. Gold Nova 4s aim a bit better and have an understanding of recoil/spray patterns and MGs have better gamesense and usually don't make boneheaded moves like rushing onto site or stairs from jungle to try kill the T on firebox instead of hiding in CT and waiting for him to be forced to plant, so you can either pick him or just play time to stop him planting and therefore make them lose the round.

2. ...and on topic, as the game is cheap it's probably worth picking up, but my advice is to learn gun control, the maps and callouts before you play competitive, it's quite annoying to have someone my rank bringing their unranked 1st time playing friend into competitive without letting them practice first, they just get destroyed- it's not fun for them and it's not fun for us. It's also worth watching other experienced players play to see how they do things like take sites, defend them etc.

Most dmg/eagles are not even able to properly spray with the AK & M4a4 though. It's just that MGs in general have slow reactiontime, don't know proper flashes/smokes, sometimes aim at the ground, play awful awp and could go on for a while. I've never been lower than mge, but that's what i've seen from people I played with. 

MG's are not that bad as I described, but it's sometimes painful to watch them play ;p

And yes I agree fully with the fact that CS:GO is really cheap. like 10 dollars on g2a, can't really go wrong with just trying it out. It's a really addictive game though, because of it's competitive edge.