How To Overclock A Video Card: NVIDIA & AMD Graphics Card (GPU) Overclocking Guide

what is the model number of your video card? your video card may be voltage locked. have you tried researching this possibility online?

I tried googling my card for voltage locks but I couldn't find anything that said it was locked. I even tried the Regedit changes.

EDIT

Well, googled around for alternative GPU software. Found that GPUTweak allows me to alter the voltage, but not by so much.

dSEJMrk.png

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i have a feeling your card is voltage locked

Ah shet. My card's a turd. :(

Alright thank you regardless. I'll struggle through with this until I can upgrade, I suppose. 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

STICKY THIS PLEASE IF IT ISN'T ALREADY!!! :)

awesome dude got a sick overclock + 250% OC easily without adding any voltage 100% stable, thanks for the time you put into this :)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

STICKY THIS PLEASE IF IT ISN'T ALREADY!!! :)

awesome dude got a sick overclock + 250% OC easily without adding any voltage 100% stable, thanks for the time you put into this :)

thanks for the support. which kind of video card did you overclock?

BigDay

thanks for the support. which kind of video card did you overclock?

the GTX 980 STRIX from asus. also did it without any voltage added!

Spoiler

the GTX 980 STRIX from asus. also did it without any voltage added!

that's a great card. my friend has two of those. what is your asic score? you can check on gpu-z.

BigDay

that's a great card. my friend has two of those. what is your asic score? you can check on gpu-z.

Couldn't find it :(

http://prntscr.com/9ksf0x

Spoiler