is the Kraken G10 NZXT effective?

im looking for the cheapest GPU watercooling and i found a pc store near me that sells it and he tolled me this thing isnt pretty but its effective!? is this true? should i get that cooler? i would of gotten the water loop thingy that everyone recommends but its way way too expansive! costs like 800 dollars! with that money id just get another GTX 980ti!

The G10 is not a cooler - it is a bracket that you use to mount an AIO onto.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's a great bracket with a fan to cool VRM.

And check this video

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's a great bracket with a fan to cool VRM.

And check this video

halla

but i thought it only cooled GPU's i didnt think it had any effect on the VRM 

but will it help with overclcoking? cause i want higher fps in gaming

halla

You are water cooling the GPU so yes it will help with overclocking in regards to temperatures.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This isnt a cooler, its basically a bracket to instal an AiO on it 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

halla

Ahlen.

Well you need to cool the VRMs cause you don't want it to throttle (afaik) and I think the fan also cools the GDDR5 chips.

Well in OCing silicon lottery also plays a role, and the with water-cooling you should be able to the card more.

What card are you buying ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

A4len.

Well you need to cool the VRMs cause you don't want it to throttle (afaik) and I think the fan also cools the GDDR5 chips.

Well in OCing silicon lottery also plays a role, and the with water-cooling you should be able to the card more.

What card are you buying ?

im buying a GTX 980ti and just cant offered SLI so instead of getting 2 GPU"S i figure that i should get 1 GPU and overclock it to its full limits so it can stock up the same FPS in gaming as if i own 2 GPU's

im buying a GTX 980ti and just cant offered SLI so instead of getting 2 GPU"S i figure that i should get 1 GPU and overclock it to its full limits so it can stock up the same FPS in gaming as if i own 2 GPU's

What res will you be playing at ? and OCing a GPU to it's limits just won't get you the performance of two cards.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What res will you be playing at ? and OCing a GPU to it's limits just won't get you the performance of two cards.

i wanna game on 1440p on max setting in every game that i can game on

EDIT 

and i guess your right, it wont get the same preformance as 2 cards when OCing but if it can increase 20fps or more that thats fine by me

cause i've seen games running max setting 4k at 30-40fps on a single GTX 980ti-titan x card so if i game on 1440p its going to be 50fps so its gonna drop down to 60fps which is a problem for me thats why i need the extra 20fps

Well you must keep in mind that MAX settings are just stupid and sometimes just make no sense and what vendor will you get it from ? IMHO gigabyte is the one to get.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Well you must keep in mind that MAX settings are just stupid and sometimes just make no sense and what vendor will you get it from ? IMHO gigabyte is the one to get.

well maybe not max setting i mean i might drop the AA at 2x maybe 4x if it was that bad at 1440p

btw check my edit if u didnt

EDIT 

and i guess your right, it wont get the same preformance as 2 cards when OCing but if it can increase 20fps or more that thats fine by me

cause i've seen games running max setting 4k at 30-40fps on a single GTX 980ti-titan x card so if i game on 1440p its going to be 50fps so its gonna drop down to 60fps which is a problem for me thats why i need the extra 20fps

I've never seen OCing giving 20FPS improvement even when the OC is this big http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_g1_gaming_review,26.html

And I think you would be fine getting 60 FPS at 1440p High settings on 980Ti in most games if not all of them ( that aren't a POS *cough* batman *cough* )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I've never seen OCing giving 20FPS improvement even when the OC is this big http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_g1_gaming_review,26.html

And I think you would be fine getting 60 FPS at 1440p High settings on 980Ti in most games if not all of them ( that aren't a POS *cough* batman *cough* )

lol

but il ask you a question (hope you are familiar with AED) would you spend a graphics card for 3000AED and the G10 for 650AED or would you spend 6000AED on 2 GPU's? what would you do? 

lol

but il ask you a question (hope you are familiar with AED) would you spend a graphics card for 3000AED and the G10 for 650AED or would you spend 6000AED on 2 GPU's? what would you do?

I lived in UAE my whole live so I'm familiar with AED.

Well actually I would only buy one card for 3000AED and won't buy an AIO and the G10 cause it just doesn't make sense for me, the card will handle games at 1440p and when games don't probably 2 years or something I can just get the same card for cheaper probably and get a performance boost.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

oh ok but i wanna ask what do you think about the spec im going to buy?

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Corsair Graphite 780T Black Full-Tower Gaming Case

Samsung 850 PRO 2.5 256 GB SSD

Seagate 1000 GB 72000rpm SATA 3.5" HDD

LITE-ON DVD Burner 24X Internal

EVGA 110-B2 850W 80 PLUS BRONZE Modular Power Supply

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 LGA 1150 Motherboard
GTX 980ti brands from either (G1, EVGA or Strix)
i7-4790k
G10 kraken

and monitor 

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 1ms WQHD G-SYNC monitor

so do you think my spec is good? is there anything you think i should drop or change please let me know

oh ok but i wanna ask what do you think about the spec im going to buy?

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Corsair Graphite 780T Black Full-Tower Gaming Case

Samsung 850 PRO 2.5 256 GB SSD

Seagate 1000 GB 72000rpm SATA 3.5" HDD

LITE-ON DVD Burner 24X Internal

EVGA 110-B2 850W 80 PLUS BRONZE Modular Power Supply

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 LGA 1150 Motherboard

GTX 980ti brands from either (G1, EVGA or Strix)

i7-4790k

G10 kraken

and monitor 

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 1ms WQHD G-SYNC monitor

so do you think my spec is good? is there anything you think i should drop or change please let me know

I would take the samsung 500gb evo rather than the 256gb pro.

And for the monitor, check out the acer xb270hu, linus made a video about it too :)