If we, the LTT Community Paid for a Firepole, can we have a Firepole?

BananaNinja

We are asking to install a pole, in the office, near the stairs. With nothing coming out of your pocket

It makes your office safer, it makes the community happier and everyone is happy to pitch in for it

@LinusTech , there will be a Firepole in the office and you know it already

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

No, it's for workers comp. He said so on WAN. If someone got injured or had an injury, they could get in big trouble.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Of

Seriously, do not do that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Watch the latest WAN Show. Linus himself said that it absolutely will not happen. The only exception is that they use it once for a Channel Super Fun, and never use it again, before or after.

He explained it in reasoning, so I'll paraphrase: "If Taran were to go on Worker's Comp for RSI, and the Agent asked how a fire pole was relative whatsoever in a video editor's job, he wouldn't get any compensation. He'd be left with a broken wrist, and poor."

As much as I'd want a firepole, it would be a hazard for the workers and even equipment

No

Because

Of

This is Off topic, your post count will not go up.

Don't even try

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2mq18h5.jpg

I know this is sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure they'll have to explain to the Building Inspectors why they need it, and why it would help them

This is Off topic, your post count will not go up.

Don't even try

Wasn't thinking about that when I was doing it. Was sort of just bored and typed some random crap.

No, it's for workers comp. He said so on WAN. If someone got injured or had an injury, they could get in big trouble.

He also said that he might get it but for no one to use it, except for pole dancing! 

I know this is sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure they'll have to explain to the Building Inspectors why they need it, and why it would help them

lol I'd love to see what their reasoning would be if they were forced to

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

He also said that he might get it but for no one to use it, except for pole dancing! 

Which, everyone will use it anyways. And the pole dancing thing was to get lessons for Luke, and Nick V, not for the pole.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Which, everyone will use it anyways. And the pole dancing thing was to get lessons for Luke, and Nick V, not for the pole.

But if people use it it will go.

They just want the pole, they don't really want to use it.

It's a tech office. Fire hazards are much greater. A Firepole would offer an alternative Emergancy exit in case of fire. If anyone is bound to burn a building down, it's Linus.

If you don't have one you better make sure your upper floor has a sled going out to the rear parking lot. Otherwise, you'll need to worry more about Life Insurance than Workman's comp. Funeral costs are high, and Linus will be immortalized as a terrible boss with Luke's headstone reading "If only Linus bought a Firepole.".

#darktruth #feartactics

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

They NEED the firepole so that they can justify their Lynda.com poledancing lessons.

BAM! Pole confirmed and sponsored :P