[Update] Minecraft: Story Mode shows at Minecon. Trialer released

Minecraft: Story Mode will be a standalone, narrative-driven game in the mode Telltale have perfected. Mojang have reassured players that it won’t lay down any “official lore”, but rather offer “one interpretation of the world and its logic”.

Let us tell you a story..

CIqSVpXUcAAxxFk.jpg

source: http://www.pcgamesn.com/minecraft-story-mode/minecraft-story-mode-will-show-up-at-minecon-this-weekend

Minecraft: Story Mode is going to be a narrative-driven adventure game in the vein of the more recent games by Telltale. The game will be set in the Minecraft world, feature brand new characters and original themes and a story that will change depening on players’ decisions. Just like for previous Telltale Games titles, Minecraft: Story Mode will be released in an episodic format, with the first episode set to launch this year.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be released on a variety of formats such as PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS and Android on October

Trailer

Source: http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/07/04/minecraft-story-mode-receives-brand-new-trailer-during-minecon-2015/

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/04/minecraft-story-mode-details-minecon-2015

Official announcement:

https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/

Official site: https://www.telltalegames.com/minecraftstorymode/

Looking forward to it! :D

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

HYPE!

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

Minecraft + Story... Huh?

Not sure how that's going to work, but I'm sure it'll be decent seeing as Telltale Games is making it. 

I probably won't ever play it, but will it just be like a Singleplayer and Multiplayer button thingo in the menu?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Minecraft will have lore ? i would love to read the shit out of that ... Why is the ultimate goal is always to kill the dragon and steal the egg ? 

Nice to see a game getting Lore after , what , 7 years ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I don't know how they can add a story to minecraft, but I'll look forward to it

Now I might actually have a reason to pick it back up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Good.... Then I might actually buy it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Minecraft + Story... Huh?

Not sure how that's going to work, but I'm sure it'll be decent seeing as Telltale Games is making it. 

I probably won't ever play it, but will it just be like a Singleplayer and Multiplayer button thingo in the menu?

No, it's a completely different game. It won't be tied to minecraft at all. Similar to TellTales Borderlands.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

No, it's a completely different game. It won't be tied to minecraft at all. Similar to TellTales Borderlands.

That's kinda stupid.

I'd like to see a storymode of actual minecraft. How would it work? No idea.

That's kinda stupid.

True, but see it's more of a fun idea. It'll probably be a series of small levels where you walk around and talk to people and have dialogue choices - just like every other telltale game. Except this time the game will be minecraft theme. Although the idea is cliche, I have high hopes for it. I've never ever been at all disappointed with a telltale game. Their story writing is brilliant, they can work with anything.

Though, a story mode in actual minecraft would be interesting, we kind of already have that. The game is about creativity of the user. That's why we have "adventure mode" so you can make your own story or play other people's stories (some of which are really good. i.e. herobrines mansion.) Or simply play survival and make a story in your head. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

True, but see it's more of a fun idea. It'll probably be a series of small levels where you walk around and talk to people and have dialogue choices - just like every other telltale game. Except this time the game will be minecraft theme. Although the idea is cliche, I have high hopes for it. I've never ever been at all disappointed with a telltale game. Their story writing is brilliant, they can work with anything.

Though, a story mode in actual minecraft would be interesting, we kind of already have that. The game is about creativity of the user. That's why we have "adventure mode" so you can make your own story or play other people's stories (some of which are really good. i.e. herobrines mansion.) Or simply play survival and make a story in your head. :P

Meh. Seems boring to me. A game consisting mostly of dialog just seems...meh

Meh. Seems boring to me. A game consisting mostly of dialog just seems...meh

I strongly recommend trying out TellTales The Walking Dead. One of the best games I've ever played. Trust me, gameplay is still there, but the dialogue really captures everything. Much like Mass Effect.

That's kinda stupid.

Found an old adventure map I made. Here's a trailer. I'd assume an official Mojang adventure map would be nice. Sorta like how they do on xbox when there's a big update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slHv5l4GpJM

Found an old adventure map I made. Here's a trailer. I'd assume an official Mojang adventure map would be nice. Sorta like how they do on xbox when there's a big update.

-snip

Nice. I just want to make custom maps that look awesome. Wish I could find the download for this one

It was made with Voxel, but it's still badass as hell. So much potential.

Nice. I just want to make custom maps that look awesome. Wish I could find the download for this one

It was made with Voxel, but it's still badass as hell. So much potential.

I've had a lot of experience with minecraft. Even got paid for it before. Not sure I could do something that good but my favorite sponsored build I've ever done is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZltk21TWI

Personally proud of the phoenix.

And a small portfolio I made when I was still getting paid to do this.

http://imgur.com/a/ubJmd

Before the whole EULA thing, you could make some serious cash from this game. I was charging upwards of $500 for custom server hubs. 

I've had a lot of experience with minecraft. Even got paid for it before. Not sure I could do something that good but my favorite sponsored build I've ever done is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZltk21TWI

Personally proud of the phoenix.

And a small portfolio I made when I was still getting paid to do this.

http://imgur.com/a/ubJmd

Before the whole EULA thing, you could make some serious cash from this game. I was charging upwards of $500 for custom server hubs. 

Dayum. I wish I could build like that. I never seem to be able to find a proper mountain for what I want to build lol.

I strongly recommend trying out TellTales The Walking Dead. One of the best games I've ever played. Trust me, gameplay is still there, but the dialogue really captures everything. Much like Mass Effect.

I can't stand The Walking Dead lol. They ruined it with everything after the first episode.

Dayum. I wish I could build like that. I never seem to be able to find a proper mountain for what I want to build lol.

I can't stand The Walking Dead lol. They ruined it with everything after the first episode.

TellTales version is completely separate from the show. It's better imho. In fact I hate the show. But the game is just so... personal almost. Its quite amazing.

I will never understand why people keep praising the TellTale games.

They're barely games and for a visual novel, they're bland and generic as hell. It's going to be interesting to see what they do here with something that has no basis for them to build off.

The only TellTale game I somewhat enjoyed was The Wolf Among Us, and they fucked that up at the third episode, changing the tone completely from thriller and mystery to bland bullshit that had none of the payoff that it should've had. Plus the ending scenes were dreadful in how they dealt with the villain.

And anyone who says the Walking Dead games are worth anything more than a bottle of warm piss, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Minecraft will have lore ? i would love to read the shit out of that ... Why is the ultimate goal is always to kill the dragon and steal the egg ? 

Nice to see a game getting Lore after , what , 7 years ?

I didn't realize it has been 7 years. Holy shit this game is getting old.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Minecon: Triple autism edition

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

• 2 months later...

Source: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/85545/20150918/it-s-official-telltale-set-to-launch-minecraft-story-mode-for-pc-and-consoles-in-october.htm

I really don't know who here is interested. Nonetheless, I'll share this anyway.

The first season of Minecraft: Story mode is spread to five episodes. Episode 1: "The Order of the Stone" will be available for PC, Mac, PS4, PS3, Xbox one and Xbox 360 on Oct. 13; while users of compatible mobile devices running on iOS and Android-based systems can download the game on Oct. 15. Purchases can be made through Telltale's online portal, Steam and other digital software retailers.

Please lock or delete if something like this was already shared here.