Why are AMD cards so ugly?

Overkilled

Besides from some Asus cards and maybe the tri x if your into that sort of thing (I'm not) but the MAJORITY are fuck ugly

Nvidia

post-196573-0-50617400-1435643527_thumb.

post-196573-0-02620100-1435643622.jpeg

AMD

post-196573-0-22516100-1435643665.jpeg

Its is a objective statement, and it is 100% based on what is around it.

Take those R9-290's in that picture and put a nice red glow around them, sleeve the cables, and put it in a nice case, with a decent AIO, and OMG SEXY AS FUCK.

http://hothardware.com/newsimages/Item20242/Maingear_System.jpg

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I think reference cards in general are pretty ugly. From both Nvidia and AMD. I think the nvidia reference cooler would be SUPER nice if it had different colors though. The silver black and green scheme is just bleh to me. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Haha, this is why I like Asus' Strix series.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

But I love the DD and lightning and reference look...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why do nvidia reference cards always look the same? ;)

Lol have you not seen the PowerColor pcs+ 290x? Oh and fuck ugly cards are not exclusive to AMD ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I think reference cards in general are pretty ugly. From both Nvidia and AMD. I think the nvidia reference cooler would be SUPER nice if it had different colors though. The silver black and green scheme is just bleh to me.

post-196573-0-51140200-1435644023.jpg

you honestly think these GPUs are in the same league aesthetically?

4b.jpg Only AMD is ugly?

Edit: Wrong link.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

attachicon.gif1382088059a47QS23bNQ_4_8_l.jpg

One is also $500 more.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

AMD is for poor people, that's why.

Or people that just want good price to performance.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If we are talking about reference cards , you are wrong my friend ... Have you seen the ASUS SLI ready GTX 970 and 960 ? It's god ugly 

Also AMD cards reference cards are sexy , just look at the FuryX ...

Also , you have taste and that taste is different for everybody , it's called preference ... You mgiht like the Black/Gray scheme that reference nVIDIA card has but you don't like the Re/Black shceme of AMD's 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

AMD is for poor people, that's why.

^ lol do you want to have hordes of people attacking you on the Internet? ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

We're not just talking about reference cards take that GTX 980 HOF look how smexy that is

Looks are subjective, I think the amd stock cooler for the 290x/295x2/fury x look really good

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

IMO the design itself isn't terrible its just they somehow manage to make the finish look like a children's plastic fisher-price toy, richer colours would be a good start IMO.

It was a joke.

Hard to tell sarcasm on the internets, sorry 'bout that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

snip

"I don't like the look of this, therefore it's ugly"

We're not just talking about reference cards take that GTX 980 HOF look how smexy that is

If we are not talking about reference card , your argument is invalid ... What the card looks like depends on the company ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

attachicon.gif1382088059a47QS23bNQ_4_8_l.jpg

Well no, I never said they were.. 

They're both pretty ugly to me though. Although one is worse than the other. Probably due to the cost but I agree, amd has some ugly reference coolers.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.