Is Batman Arkham Knight fixed yet? (sharing news updates here)

randy hutajulu

guys, i really want to play this game. really really want to!

is it fixed yet?

and why the PS4 version looks a lot better (except the FPS and pyhsx)on youtube so far?

can we share every news updates in this post?

i think that will help a lot of people who wait for this game.

thx

regards

Follow updates  here : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392368-rocksteady-and-external-pc-development-partner-of-12-people-investigating-batman-arkham-knight-performance-issues-update-6/ 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392827-batman-arkham-will-not-be-uncapped-beyond-30-fps-anytime-soon-on-pc-or-at-all-update-2-they-are/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Here's a link to patch notes: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/batman-arkham-knight-pc-first-patch/

Looks like some texture improvements. If you are waiting for it to be perfect it's probably going to be a few weeks honestly.

Yea.. I think we should wait

I just hope that they can fix this sooner

At least better looking than PS4 version. Because right now PS4 version seems better than PC

They released a patch yesterday that gives you the option of changing the fps lock 

You must have a different patch then everyone else, The last patch I had was released on the 27th and doesn't have any option for framerate changes. 

You must have a different patch then everyone else, The last patch I had was released on the 27th and doesn't have any option for framerate changes.

I read the notes on steam yesterday and they said they added an option to change the fps in the graphics menu settings. I haven't been in game since the release so I can't personally confirm that that's correct but I just pulled steam notes again and it's the very first change listed.

I read the notes on steam yesterday and they said they added an option to change the fps in the graphics menu settings. I haven't been in game since the release so I can't personally confirm that that's correct but I just pulled steam notes again and it's the very first change listed.

I think you need to read it again. That's one of the things they're devoting time to fix in the future. 

I think you need to read it again. That's one of the things they're devoting time to fix in the future.

I apologize then. I must have misread it.

I apologize then. I must have misread it.

I just wouldn't want anyone to read your comment and buy the game without researching based on the supposed "fixed framerate issue" which is one of the bigger gripes against the title. Nothing personal. 

Without Gameworks and the settings on normal not high... lol 

The game actually does run fine for me (lucky) but omitting those settings doesn't do much to show it running "perfectly". 

All settings are high and Gameworks is on

Get it on PS4. It looks better. Now crucify me.

It demonstrably does look better on PS4, no one can really argue with that. Which really underscores how bad the issues with the PC port were. I don't play anything unless there's a good PC port, though.

I was planning on waiting a year or more for a ~$20 "complete edition" anyway. With WB's approach to DLC, that's the only way that makes any sense to play Arkham games in my opinion.

All settings are high and Gameworks is on

My apologies if that's the case, I'm just going on the other videos you have posted which show benchmark and settings at the start. 

My apologies if that's the case, I'm just going on the other videos you have posted which show benchmark and settings at the start. 

Oh yea, I ended up turning everything all the way up. Overclocked my 780Ti as well, added +300mhz to both core and GPU clocks and got it stable.

Oh yea, I ended up turning everything all the way up. Overclocked my 780Ti as well, added +300mhz to both core and GPU clocks and got it stable.

Its a shame a lot of people are having issues, I'm really enjoying it. 

I finished the game.

You CAN have high fps, but mostly it felt like a gimmick to even try to get that 60fps+ because there was a lot of stuttering. It DOES NOT feel very smooth even when playing above 60fps due to stuttering ruining.

So, there MAY be some people having absolutely no stuttering issues (I highly doubt it).

My input on the playability of the game would be

1. Even at launch if you have a machine to brute force the game, it was definitely playable. Not very optimal, still playable.
  2. First patch that happened not so long ago helped quite a bit, but did not solve all the problems, and still there are lots of problems.
  3. You will experience stuttering, especially in Batmobile.

Its a shame a lot of people are having issues, I'm really enjoying it. 

I finished the game.

You CAN have high fps, but mostly it felt like a gimmick to even try to get that 60fps+ because there was a lot of stuttering. It DOES NOT feel very smooth even when playing above 60fps due to stuttering ruining.

So, there MAY be some people having absolutely no stuttering issues (I highly doubt it).

My input on the playability of the game would be

1. Even at launch if you have a machine to brute force the game, it was definitely playable. Not very optimal, still playable.
  2. First patch that happened not so long ago helped quite a bit, but did not solve all the problems, and still there are lots of problems.
  3. You will experience stuttering, especially in Batmobile.

so, what your suggestion guys? is it worth to get or not just yet?

and is it already better looking than PS4 version?

If you must play on PC, for whatever reason (whether it be no console, or just refusing to support console), and you got a DECENT rig then getting it would be fine.

If you can wait, then just wait until further patch / price drop (hopefully), but there is absolutely no promise of how fixed it will be and how much of a drop of price will happen so soon.

If you dont mind playing on console, then get it for console.

so, what your suggestion guys? is it worth to get or not just yet?

and is it already better looking than PS4 version?

My opinion is that it's worth getting, although as you can see I'm part of the minority that are having no performance issues. I wouldn't like to say for you to jump and buy it now incase your performance was affected as it appears common. 

The options you have are really to grab it on PS4 or to hold off and see how the patches improve, In my opinion it's a game that needs to be played either way, of course you could buy it now (would have to be through a reseller) and fingers crossed you're unaffected by the issues, if you are stop playing and await patches. 

I can't really answer if it's currently better looking than the PS4 version since I haven't played it and I don't like to rely on compressed Youtube footage. 

My opinion is that it's worth getting, although as you can see I'm part of the minority that are having no performance issues. I wouldn't like to say for you to jump and buy it now incase your performance was affected as it appears common. 

The options you have are really to grab it on PS4 or to hold off and see how the patches improve, In my opinion it's a game that needs to be played either way, of course you could buy it now (would have to be through a reseller) and fingers crossed you're unaffected by the issues, if you are stop playing and await patches. 

I can't really answer if it's currently better looking than the PS4 version since I haven't played it and I don't like to rely on compressed Youtube footage. 

I have a GTX 970 @ 1404Mhz (currently), everything enabled (GW on) and I'm sitting at a comfy enough FPS (35-70) (Much variability) to keep playing until the end..

Some minor fps drops, but quickly recovering,.. its the stuttering thats a bit of a mess to deal with... but its not prolonged stutter, just lots of micro stutter.

Ignorable?, depends on the user....

Gameworks off, game is fast as (locked to 60fps), still stutters tho, so I put everything back on.

However the Batmobile 10fps bug, Id not wanna take the risk buying it, and having this issue.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yea.. it seems that i need to see more comparison reviews between PS4 and PC because so far, PS4 still looks better (on youtube)

i really hope they fix this sooner. damn i really want to play this game. but worse looking than PS4 is something that i can't accept since my GPU itself is more expensive than PS4 lol. and i think many people here agree with me on that.

So I got this game for free with my 980ti and tried it out for an hour. I moved the frame rate lock to 60fps and the game looks fantastic, probably the most realistic graphics I've seen in a game this year. Performanice wise, it stays at 60 fps most of the time, but there are annoying fps drops here and there. Overall, the game is playable for me, only because my hardware is pretty good, and the game play seems fun so I'll probably complete this game.

So I got this game for free with my 980ti and tried it out for an hour. I moved the frame rate lock to 60fps and the game looks fantastic, probably the most realistic graphics I've seen in a game this year. Performanice wise, it stays at 60 fps most of the time, but there are annoying fps drops here and there. Overall, the game is playable for me, only because my hardware is pretty good, and the game play seems fun so I'll probably complete this game.

Hhmm what resolution you're playing sir?

I really hope that my 780 can run this on max setting at 1920x1200

Hhmm what resolution you're playing sir?

I really hope that my 780 can run this on max setting at 1920x1200

I'm playing at 1080p on max settings and my gpu utilization peaks at 60% since it's locked at 60fps. So you would probably be able to run it at 60 fps also, in theory.

I'm playing at 1080p on max settings and my gpu utilization peaks at 60% since it's locked at 60fps. So you would probably be able to run it at 60 fps also, in theory.

Hhmm.. Nice info sir.

I'll wait for more news a bit. I just wanna get a very good experience with this game.

Even when completely unlocked it doesn't surpass 70-80% of I remember correctly.

Don't listen to the troll who seems to think his experience speaks for every other PC gamer who has played it because "you guys are kids", " I've been PC Gaming since before you were born" as well as "I started PC Gaming when I was 3 lol" oh and don't forget the classic "best port ever"

The game runs quite averagely for now but IMO you should get it while its really cheap, see if its playable to you because everyone is different and if not then just wait since you got it cheaper than when it's fixed probably.

You don't want to miss the story so at least get it cheaper.

Every video looks better on PS4 and Xbone.....   I don't think that's going to change. Fixing the Ambient Occlusion and completely missing rain FX....how long will that take let alone the fps drops...???

I also never saw the gameworks rain FX in game even with people enabling it.

Oh and this runs worse than Witcher 3 hairworks because that has an easy fix. In game ini you can change the tessellation to 4x for weaker Keplars and 8 or 16x for Maxwells. Then boom you got hairworks. The 64x tess was killing all cards even Titans because 64x is ridiculous.

Just put in the first two hours into this game.  Raised the fps cap to 60 via .ini.  Everything 'maxed out' (often your only choices are 'normal' or 'low'), all nvidia effects on, 1440p, running from the SSD.  I generally get around 40-60fps just doing Batman stuff, the Batmobile takes about a 10-20 fps hit when I'm really going in it.  The cut scenes don't have a stable framerate either.  No crashes yet, luckily.

I seriously need to disable the motion blur in the ini...it's terrible and disorients me heavily (I whip my mouse around a lot in combat to keep up to date with where everyone is).

I'd call it playable, but...jesus...only 'playable' on a 980Ti?  Unless you know your rig can 'handle it,' and your a bit of a glutton for pain, just wait.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU