R9 295x2 enters the stage, but what PSU shall follow?

Hi there!

I am planning on building a new computer, it will house a r9 295 x2 intel i5-4690k and 2 modules of ram (maybe more later), a fan or two. Now then as linus would say, 'to power this sucker there is a' psu, however which one. I have looked at several and haven't really found and that 'fits the shoe'.

Anyway thanks a ton in advance, and sorry if my poetic desires annoyed you.

May I ask why a 295X2 over everything else?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Because it beats a titan x

op:

get evga 1000w g2 or p2 version

Im pretty sure that those are single railed, thus not being usable for a r9 295x2.

Im pretty sure that those are single railed, thus not being usable for a r9 295x2.

It's a freaking 1000w psu.Why the hell would it be single railed.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

excuse me what?  care to explain why? 

It beats out its competition as far as I know, and power inst much of a concern for me. 

The GPU is no joke, it's power hungry, you should get like 750W or above.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

excuse me what?  care to explain why? 

To power a r9 295x2, without the insulators on the PSU burning out, it has to have 2 12 volt rails, for each of the 8 bit connectors. Linus has a video explaining the rail situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC-ImSeYn2A, and says that you nee 2 rails for r9 295x2 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgsG_wl0kc.

Well then I would recommend the Corsair AX1200i or AX1500i

Wouldn't 400 +/- watt be overkill for a intel i5 - 4690k, 2 ram nodules and some fans?

max wattage for r9 295x2 being 600 +/-

Wouldn't 400 +/- watt be overkill for a intel i5 - 4690k, 2 ram nodules and some fans?

max wattage for r9 295x2 being 600 +/-

What so bad about overkill?

Linus once put a AX1500i on a 5960X+GTX 980 System

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

and says that you nee 2 rails for r9 295x2 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgsG_wl0kc.

you should watch that video again because that is not what Linus said.

he said that IF you have a multi-rail PSU,to check which power connector goes to which rail in the PSU manual! explanation: is if the psu is multi-rail,TO MAKE SURE that the two 8 pin connectors arent connected to the SAME rail,because it will involve fire and burn the house down

that is why nowadays single-rail PSU is the way to go. you don`t have to bother with which connector goes to which rail, so a single rail psu is a better choice .even for quad crossfire or quad sli. so do not buy an old multi-rail PSU

thats why nodody make multi-rail PSU anymore .every good PSU today has a single,strong 12V rail

Now the question remains, which PSU I should get.