Intel's "Cannonlake" delayed, "Kaby Lake" coming next year

Bouzoo

What drives me nuts more so than the 10nm delay is the fact the photographer didn't even bother to straighten all the pins before he took that picture!

Also most recent intel cpus don't have pins on them anymore

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

what the point with shrinks if the only thing intel does is make the dies smaller. all what they are thinking about is cost savings at this point since they dont have competition

2600k 216mm2

3770k 160mm2

4770k 177mm2

i bet skybridge wont be over 200

Is this CPU only size or also the iGPU? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well, they've got the Skylake release coming up, Broadwell-E, Kaby Lake and then likely Skylake-E.  They've got plenty of releases to hold people over until Cannonlake.  Not to mention they now have Zen creeping up soon, and if that actually does well--we should hopefully see some competition in the short term.  I would love to be surprised and Intel release a 6800k at six cores for their 1151 platform.  Pipe dream.

Is this CPU only size or also the iGPU? 

its the whole die so yeah with iGPU and they got bigger over the years so i have no idea how small CPU is

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What drives me nuts more so than the 10nm delay is the fact the photographer didn't even bother to straighten all the pins before he took that picture!

You have OCD too? :o

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Also most recent intel cpus don't have pins on them anymore

My Core2 Quad Q9400 has no pins in it xD

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Woops, fixed the image

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

Well, they've got the Skylake release coming up, Broadwell-E, Kaby Lake and then likely Skylake-E.  They've got plenty of releases to hold people over until Cannonlake.  Not to mention they now have Zen creeping up soon, and if that actually does well--we should hopefully see some competition in the short term.  I would love to be surprised and Intel release a 6800k at six cores for their 1151 platform.  Pipe dream.

Agreed ... 

That's what I said on the thread about What should Intel do in the future ... They have to up the i3 to Quad core without Hyperthreading , move i5 up to 4 cores with Hyperthreading and move the i7 up to 6 cores with Hyperthreading ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Agreed ... 

That's what I said on the thread about What should Intel do in the future ... They have to up the i3 to Quad core without Hyperthreading , move i5 up to 4 cores with Hyperthreading and move the i7 up to 6 cores with Hyperthreading ... 

Yeah.  Actually.  I'd argue Pentiums to be dual core with threading, i3 to be quad cores without threading, i5 to be a six core with no threading, and the i7 to be a six core with hyper-threading.  Still--anything like that won't happen for a long time.

Yeah.  Actually.  I'd argue Pentiums to be dual core with threading, i3 to be quad cores without threading, i5 to be a six core with no threading, and the i7 to be a six core with hyper-threading.  Still--anything like that won't happen for a long time.

I don't think moving i5s to six core would be a good idea ... From a consumer stand point atleast ... You either go Quad core or Hexa core ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...