Disturbed fans reunite!

blu4

We can agree to disagree on that. I may have a bias since I grew up listening to them and other bands, but they objectively have talented individuals playing in the group, especially David as he is, in my opinion, a pinnacle of vocalists today next to Mike from the band RED and Jesse and Howard (formerly) of Killswitch Engage.

Can't say I like those bands.

But the again, I don't really like many of the staple metal bands like Slayer, Metallica (except maybe the black album), megadeth, etc.

I'm more into progressive metal, technical death metal, melodeath, deathcore, etc.

Why are you even in this thread if you don't like Disturbed?

Because this is a forum and it serves the purpose to discuss?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

But the again, I don't really like many of the staple metal bands like Slayer, Metallica (except maybe the black album), megadeth, etc.

I'm more into progressive metal, technical death metal, melodeath, deathcore, etc.

With that being said, you simply cannot use that as a ground to say "Disturbed sucks" because they don't have faster tempos and more brutal vocals.

Because this is a forum and it serves the purpose to discuss?

I'm referring to the title

Disturbed fans reunite!

Your not a fan so why are you posting in this very specific topic?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So I was right in presuming there would be a discussion on Disturbed's artistic merit in this thread.

Personally, I'm not big fan of Disturbed. I'm actually pretty indifferent to them. Expect for their first allbum. That was just a horrible experience from beginning to end.

I will probably be streaming their new album, since I am curious as to how it will sound. And if it's good, I might actually buy it.

Disturbed just never really struck a chorde with me. 

But all that said, i can acknowledge the impact that Disturbed as had on metal as a genre, especially in metal's relation to the mainstream.

Without Disturbed, we probably wouldn't have heard of bands like Killswitch Engage (who also sucked on their first album, but I digress)

I'm referring to the title

Disturbed fans reunite!

Your not a fan so why are you posting in this very specific topic?

Wouldn't it be rather boring just to have an ecco chamber thread?

While it all depends on how the opposition is worded, that also applies to the people that descibe themself as fans.

As I already said, I'm not a fan of Disturbed, I do still see this thread as an opportunity to voice my opinion on the band and their new material.

Just because I'm not a fan, it doesn't mean that I don't have something to say. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

So are you. You have to be the most dense person on the planet to think Disturbed is bad.

I don't think that Disturbed are good. :( 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I don't think that Disturbed are good. :(

Expressing that you don't like them is one thing, but saying they're bad is an objective statement and it isn't true.

Expressing that you don't like them is one thing, but saying they're bad is an objective statement and it isn't true.

Wouldn't saying they're bad be a subjective statement too? 

Either way, this guy is an asshole judging from previous posts of his.  ^_^

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Wouldn't saying they're bad be a subjective statement too? 

Either way, this guy is an asshole judging from previous posts of his.  ^_^

No.

Saying something is bad isn't a subjective statement. Saying "I don't like something" is a way to say your subjective opinion without sounding like your opinion is the end-all-say-all.

Now explaining why something is bad is totally different and can bring up a discussion debating evidence and the merit of your opinion, but other than that, no.

No.

Saying something is bad isn't a subjective statement. Saying "I don't like something" is a way to say your subjective opinion without sounding like your opinion is the end-all-say-all.

Now explaining why something is bad is totally different and can bring up a discussion debating evidence and the merit of your opinion, but other than that, no.

Yeah, cant argue with that. 

Anyway, when it comes to Disturbed. I cant put my finger on what it is, but each and every time I have listened to them, I just get a "meh" response. 

Yeah, cant argue with that. 

Anyway, when it comes to Disturbed. I cant put my finger on what it is, but each and every time I have listened to them, I just get a "meh" response. 

Not everyone likes the way David sings. Could be it.

Haven't listened to them in... maybe 3 years, I might actually listen this.

Also @Kloaked, you have bad taste in music. We are arguing here right? I had to contribute.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Haven't listened to them in... maybe 3 years, I might actually listen this.

Also @Kloaked, you have bad taste in music. We are arguing here right? I had to contribute.

*flings shit at*

Definitely getting more of a Prayer from Believe vibe from it compared to their latest stuff, which is a very good thing imo.  I used to be all about Disturbed back in high school, and when Believe came out that was one of the highlights of music for me (had my first lan party that same week too, good times back then).

Gotta admit though, after discovering more and more music like Wintersun, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Amon Amarth I just can't find what I'd consider "mainstream" or "nu" metal interesting anymore.  I'll say that Disturbed's vocalist is much better to listen to compared to the whiny vocals of most of the other new stuff out there that most people seem to listen to.

As for the argument that's been going on here, while technical prowess can be argued pretty easily against Disturbed vs a plethora of other metal out there, keep in mind that music is 100% subjective as far as what someone likes to listen to.  Not everyone enjoys listening to 20+ minute songs about Homer's The Oddesy filled with bridges and non-standard time signatures (yay Symphony X!) , though I definitely like that kind of music lol.