T-Mobile made an awesome video...

SuperPug

That is an awesome ad...

Informative? yep.

Entertaining? yep.

Agreed. The fucking "FCC Five" got me haha.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

People hate on T-mobile for having bad coverage in their area, but few years ago I would've laughed at you if you had told me to switch to t-mobile their service was horrible. For the past two years they've been investing heavily into their network, I usually get 20-40mbps on my unlimited plan couldn't be happier. 

Just switched to t-mobile. 

In my area it's great Better than I ever got with verizon..... It lets me buy my own phone - I can switch to super cheap Virtual Network Operators or AT&T - in addition to others worldwide when I travel. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

As silly and entertaining as this is, this really is a big issue. If Verizon and AT&T buy up the rest of the low spectrum, then that won't give the smaller carriers (T-Mobile and Sprint) any room to grow out their low spectrum network. Low spectrum already makes a large majority of Verizon and AT&T's networks (especially Verizon in this case). 

COMIC SANS

The way that the FCC has been going with the whole Title II thing, they know that these companies cannot be trusted to operate respectably. Hopefully that will set a precedent for this decision.

Come on, America.

As silly and entertaining as this is, this really is a big issue. If Verizon and AT&T buy up the rest of the low spectrum, then that won't give the smaller carriers (T-Mobile and Sprint) any room to grow out their low spectrum network. Low spectrum already makes a large majority of Verizon and AT&T's networks (especially Verizon in this case). 

For anyone wondering what this is all about. Let's use Wifi as an example. You have 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi. 

2.4Ghz wireless is great - it punches through walls and provides distance. It's not the fastest...but it's still pretty fast. 

5GHz is real fast, but you're lucky if it works well through a couple walls. 

Phones are the same - and right now AT&T + verizon have both Highband 1.7GHZ+ and Lowband (600, 700Mhz or so). Tmobile has mostly Highband. so, while they are plenty fast, and honestly have lots of towers - it doesnt travel as far, and will have issues inside buildings (I have yet to have this be an issue, but some buildings just suck). 

So, Tmobile wants this band, so, they can provide better service.....AT&T and Verizon just want more of what they already have. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200