OnePlus Two will have a Type-C connector

cloclo8003

Source

There is not much to say here, I wanted to let you guys know.

OnePlus just confirmed on Facebook that the OP 2 will have a USB-C connector. I'm glad they are helping getting this standard mainstream.

EDIT: Photos of the cable just got revealed:

oneplus-2-usb-1.jpeg

oneplus-2-usb-3.jpeg

oneplus-2-usb-4.jpeg

oneplus-2-usb-5.jpeg

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

its probably going to have a model with a type B-micro to

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

its probably going to have a model with a type B-micro to

Highly Doubt it

hard to call it mainstream. I seen over 50 macbooks in person, yet to see any one plus phone

I own one :)

And we all saw this happening. Type C is the obvious way and I expect all newly released Android Phones, the next iPhones and a few more laptops adopting C pretty soon.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

hard to call it mainstream. I seen over 50 macbooks in person, yet to see any one plus phone

50 macbooks. You hang around people who don't buy phones that provide value then.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Same here, never saw a OnePlus One in person, but even if they aren't as big as Apple or Samsung, they do get noticed and phone manufactuers will follow. We aren't quite there yet, but I bet that Samsung, LG and a lot of other phone manufactuers are already working on a device with a Type-C connector.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Good. I say.

But it is just honestly just a question of time before everyone starts using the Type C connector. I know for sure that even Apple will start using it with their phones in the future, spite their unwillingness to change.

I wonder price for the one plus  2?

iv seen 1 oneplus one but i was really impressed, it was snappy and cheap

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

And we all saw this happening. Type C is the obvious way and I expect all newly released Android Phones, the next iPhones and a few more laptops adopting C pretty soon.

the phone or laptop, just curious:P

50 macbooks. You hang around people who don't buy phones that provide value then.

Last I checked a macbook isn't a phone but okay ill go with it. I use a rooted custom rom s4 and a iphone 5 everyday, The Iphone 5 is stupidly smoother, even with a debloated s4 rom/and overclocked. and better for what i do 99% of the time. I have the s4 because I use some power user networking apps, like to try both operating systems, and I have a 5400mah battery in it. 

Im looking at 1k laptops, and the macbook is stupid nice, but not tailored for me as i need horsepower 

I wonder price for the one plus  2?

400$ apparently

the phone or laptop, just curious:P

Last I checked a macbook isn't a phone but okay ill go with it. I use a rooted custom rom s4 and a iphone 5 everyday, The Iphone 5 is stupidly smoother, even with a debloated s4 rom/and overclocked. and better for what i do 99% of the time. I have the s4 because I use some power user networking apps, like to try both operating systems, and I have a 5400mah battery in it. 

Im looking at 1k laptops, and the macbook is stupid nice, but not tailored for me as i need horsepower 

No, but still most people don't buy the macbook. And you have seen 50 of them.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, but still most people don't buy the macbook. And you have seen 50 of them.

Mate, Im either blind or to tired, but I dont understand what your trying to say. 

and dont take it as Im saying its bad that it has type C. hell I think every phone should switch over. Was just a offhand comment about how one plus is no where near mainstream yet

400$ apparently

If it is a good high end phone agian thats a solid price.

Mate, Im either blind or to tired, but I dont understand what your trying to say. 

You are saying you saw 50 of an expensive laptop that very little people buy, mostly people who are wealthy and you didn't see a single oneplus one, a phone which an average person buys. Just saying you hang around people who aren't interested in opo.

Spoiler

If it is a good high end phone agian thats a solid price.

I'm buying one either way. Just as long as they don't pull a Nexus 6.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You are saying you saw 50 of an expensive laptop that very little people buy, mostly people who are wealthy and you didn't see a single oneplus one, a phone which an average person buys. Just saying you hang around people who aren't interested in opo.

Can you just actually buy one in a store now? 

and I see you're in europe. maybe it's just more popular there, as I tend to hang out with the techies and the nerds and never see them. 

Can't wait for a windows tablet to use all the features of the type c port. I am glad to see that it is getting adopted.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Can you just actually buy one in a store now? 

and I see you're in europe. maybe it's just more popular there, as I tend to hang out with the techies and the nerds and never see them. 

You can order one online. No invite required.

Spoiler

You can order one online. No invite required.

Could very easily argue the average person is not going to go online to find a phone. 99% of people go into a store and see which one works best/feels best

Could very easily argue the average person is not going to go online to find a phone. 99% of people go into a store and see which one works best/feels best

No one buys from the store where I live. They steal way too much money.  :lol:

Spoiler

No one buys from the store where I live. They steal way too much money.  :lol:

ah everyone here just buys a phone on contract for 200$, then every 2 years you upgrade. NO ONE buys a phone out of pocket really lol

ah everyone here just buys a phone on contract for 200$, then every 2 years you upgrade. NO ONE buys a phone out of pocket really lol

Contracts also steal way too much money.

Spoiler

Contracts also steal way too much money.

entirely depends. my dads paying close to 100$ a month for his service. mine? 30$ a month unlimited everything upgrade every 2 years.