Case fans mini review aerocool DS and enermax tb silence...

FmPhenom

My haf xb and corsair h50 was getting on my nerves with the loudness of the stock fans so I splurged a little. Bought these to quiet it down a bit.
2 enermax tb silence and 3 aerocool dead silence fans.

1gkax2.jpg

These fans live up to their names. Great airflow and decibel levels of 11 for the enermax and 23@12 volts/14@7volts for the aerocools.

They both come with screws and 3 to 4 pin plugs BUT the dead silence come with great extras. The wires are wrapped black, come with a 3 pin 7 volt adapter and rubber silent mounting nipples.
2i2bk82.jpg

Prices are $10 for the enermax and $19 for the AC at frys. After taxes I paid $90 out the door. Enermax has blades that can only be described as semi transparent smoked batwings. The blades themselves are detachable to clean. AC DS has blades that are made of plastic and rubber with black bumps on the back. The corners of the fan housing have a chambered design. I'm guessing this is to cut down on noise. It works and works very well.
21d1lk6.jpg

Enermax is a VERY silent fan with great airflow. The air is not as centered as the Ac fans. The aero cool fans at 23db have outstanding airflow. Are about half as loud as the stock case cooling but the static pressure is not as good as the stock fan on my a50 and they are very similar in noise levels. Im using the a50 in push only. Putting tissue about a inch away from the rad shows the stock cooling pushed more air. At 7 volts the AC DS fans are still louder than the enermax fans and they push about the same air (AC pushes a little more not much). I decided to go with stock corsair cooling in the back and 2 AC fans up front. fired up my pc and ugh, bright red distracting leds in front of my case. My case sits 18 inches from my head and is at eye level.

So I switched them to the enermax fans. I then decided to rearrange my cooling setup. Hooked up the 2 enermax front fans as intake, top 200mm fan as exhaust (was intake)and moved the corsair to the back of the case as a intake. (was hooked up front before). Hooked up all fans to the mobo and set the fans to silent mode knocking the enermax to 650 rpms and the 200mm to 550 rpms. I also set the corsair fan to 1000 rpms. While I was at it I also set my 290s to silent mode, they have a hard switch on the card. (20% fan speed instead of 30%).

WOW what a difference in sound and cooling. My pc is almost dead silent just browsing. While gaming its whisper quiet. I can hear my HDD now when its loading. My temps are good. CPU is 42 idle and hasn't gone above 58. My gpus are 40 idle but hit 75 max. Best part is all my hot air comes out the top and not out the side vents of my case anymore.

All in all both fans are awesome. I highly suggest both fans but for me the enermax fans are the best choice since the case sits so close to me and the intakes are very close to my gpus and ram. The dead silence blow ALOT of air @ max and are very centered. If my case sat further from me like on the ground I would of went with those. Either way both great products.

Best part is the enermax are cheaper so I get roughly $60 back and since they are semi see thru I get a nice dim red glow off of the top exhaust fan.