Taylor Swift calls Apple Music free trial 'shocking, disappointing' in open letter

Her being rich has nothing to with the principle.  Either the argument is correct, or it isn't.  I think she is right.  If I'm not mistaken, Prince went to great length about 20 years ago, to try and protect his interests.

It amazes me how you guys razz on Swift for being principled, and your only argument is "She's rich, who is she to complain?".  

You guys keep showing how unprincipled, and uneducated you are.

Apple wishes to lure people to a service they have, but it consists of artists, producers, record labels, mixing engineers, designers, etc., who work to make a success of their work, but Apple gives up THEIR music for a period, not Apple's music.

Wake up human beings, if you can be awakened.

Yup. A lot of people are not being objective about it.

Say it's Thanksgiving time and there's a man who has two friends. 1 is rich and 1 is poor. He gives each of them 1 identical turkey. Which one was the nicer gesture? We want to say the turkey given to the poor man but objectively both gestures are equally as nice.

Same thing with this whole Taylor Swift shenanigans. 

It actually says in the article the artists aren't being paid, how can you state that is not the case?  your whole position rests on an assumption that is currently not true.

You clearly do not understand anything about the music industry let alone the specifics surrounding this case.

Yeah, reading through this thread it's quite obvious most of the posters only read the header on this thread and not the article itself, her argument is that for a NEW artist, not her, it would be detimentral to not get payed for a quarter of a year, especially after say, the release of a new album or similar.

Like supermarket doing a promotion and asks the suppliers to give them the products free of charge.

She's not always correct, but I 100% agree with Taylor Swift on this one.

I believe it has nothing to do with her not making more $100 bills to wipe her butt with. Perfect parallel can be drawn to LMG here.

If YouTube (ad-supported) introduced an ad-free paid service as a free trial for 3 months and basically just stripped adsense revenue off everyone's videos and paid the creators nothing there'd be (justifiably) outcry from YT creators too.

I'd (much like Taylor) be fine because I have a mid-size team to sell ads and sponsorships and burn them into the content ourselves - not to menton the alternate platforms that we've (thanks to our size) been able to drive our fans to support us on. In fact, Adsense is not even our primary source of income anymore!

But let's say you were someone in a much more precarious position where you JUST left your job to go YouTube full time and Google slashed your pay so that they could "entice new users" without consulting you about whether now is a good time or not.

If something like this had happened in the first month of LMG we'd have gone under.

It might not be a popular point of view around here, but she's right this time.

She's not always correct, but I 100% agree with Taylor Swift on this one.

I believe it has nothing to do with her not making more $100 bills to wipe her butt with. Perfect parallel can be drawn to LMG here.

If YouTube (ad-supported) introduced an ad-free paid service as a free trial for 3 months and basically just stripped adsense revenue off everyone's videos and paid the creators nothing there'd be (justifiably) outcry from YT creators too.

I'd (much like Taylor) be fine because I have a mid-size team to sell ads and sponsorships and burn them into the content ourselves - not to menton the alternate platforms that we've (thanks to our size) been able to drive our fans to support us on. In fact, Adsense is not even our primary source of income anymore!

But let's say you were someone in a much more precarious position where you JUST left your job to go YouTube full time and Google slashed your pay so that they could "entice new users" without consulting you about whether now is a good time or not.

If something like this had happened in the first month of LMG we'd have gone under.

It might not be a popular point of view around here, but she's right this time.

Yes, but pulling her music from spotify... Now that was stupid.

Yes, but pulling her music from spotify... Now that was stupid.

And I said as much.

I find the response of Apple really fast.

As one of the most populair artist gives attention to a new product is certainly not bad.

Now, when this news is still fresh in our minds, in comes another news from Apple itself and you (the user) find  that "Good Guy Apple" is correct and you will adapt to it.

This was a (free) commercialstunt.

Taylor Swift is....well, not a cool person at all.

Taylor Dayne is where it's at

ku-medium.gifbPdI2MXEbnDUs.gif

Ahahaha that's what she most likely does too. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Taylor Swift has just posted an open letter to Apple entitled "To Apple, Love Taylor" explaining why she's holding back her latest album, 1989, from the new Apple Music streaming service.

Can you update the first post with the new information that apple WILL be paying during the free trial

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/21/8822369/apple-will-pay-artists-during-apple-music-trial

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii