Uh oh....

Lolzious

Well... I just spilled a bit of milk on my K70 RGB, not much, just maybe a teaspoon. I unplugged it immediately, took off the keycaps, (most of the milk was on the keycaps) cleaned it with a paper towel, plugged it back in annnnddd my "N" key doesn't work... The LED works on it, everything else is completely fine. What do I do? Could it have something to do with drivers? Is there any way to repair it if it's broken physically? Can I RMA it? (I didn't get any sort of extended warranty at the time of purchase, I bought it in early March)

If you ever spill liquid on something, go through the full range of making sure it's dry BEFORE plugging it back in. Does include taking the entire object apart, cleaning it, and for extra measure dumping it in a container of rice for 24 hours.

Well firstly, no point crying over it...

I see what you did there, Ben Franklin...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

279554_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Ba-Dum-Tss_1

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

If you ever spill liquid on something, go through the full range of making sure it's dry BEFORE plugging it back in. Does include taking the entire object apart, cleaning it, and for extra measure dumping it in a container of rice for 24 hours.

Well, whatever happened, it just fixed itself.... It started having a seizure and typing "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" without me touching it, then my PC froze, I had to restart (AND PROBABLY LOSE MY PROGRESS IN GTA 3 FML) and now it works fine....

in all seriousness though, I think the problem has more to do with a blocked connection rather than a shorted connection. Milk is quite fatty, so it doesn't really conduct electricity well. What I believe happened is that some milk got into the switch and stopped it from making contact when pressed down. I'd hold it upside down, give it a good shake, and maybe see if you can pile some paper towels around it and wick the milk away. possible even depress the switch, and then hold the corner of the paper towel inside the switch compartment. Unplug the keyboard before doing this of course.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Firstly, your post didn't help the OP whatsoever. Secondly, this isn't a forum for asshats to make jokes. Either help him, or stay out of the thread.

(I'm just replying to you how you always reply to me.)

You'll want to check and see if your board is under warranty or not. Likely, especially given Corsair, you'll be able to RMA it. As sad as it is, my older brother has RMA'd four Corsair M95 mice. Shipping usually takes about four days, and they're really swift about it. That might be your best bet, as you won't want to risk disassembling it to check for water damage, as it might void your warranty.

(I'm just replying to you how you always reply to me.)

I don't recall ever replying to you?