Project: Otus

davido_labido

GPwFCoh.jpg

Well its time for another build!! This time I will be using the Phobya WaCoolT White OWL Case. This is a new case from Phobya so it will be interesting to see what I can do with it!

As per usual, I don't have much time with this build, it needs to be done before the end of August for I55!! Before we get cracking though, I do need to say a massive thank you to Pascal and Antony! A shout out to JR23 and Jamie too for help with the graphics side of things :P

So, without further to do, the case!!

This case was actually designed and made with help from the community, Phobya took the ideas and created this!

case_2.jpg

Now, it is a rather strange looking case i admit, and when i only saw the black version i wasnt too taken by it. Once i actually recieved the white one though, i much prefer it. Pictures dont do it justice tbh.

case_6.jpg

drive bays are far less common in cases lately as a lot of people have stopped using disk drives and the only real use for them are fan controllers. This case can hold up to 8 fans straight out of the box, so i will be using a decent fan controller (or two) to ensure they are all quiet, so im glad we have some bays!

case_8.jpg

The back of the case has 4 grommits for if you want to add any external water cooling, im not sure why you would need to as there is plenty of space in the case!!

case_10.jpg

speaking of inside the case:

case_12.jpg

As you can see, there is loads of room!!

there is space for HDDs just above the drive bays, this little hdd case is actually on rubber grommets to stop the drives from vibrating which is a nice little touch.

case_13.jpg

for watercooling i have a lot of options, down the bottom we have native support for a 360 or 420 rad

case_14.jpg

and in the top of the case we have support for 480 or lower rads, including 200mm rads!

case_11.jpg

and at the back, you could bang another 120mm if needed!

case_17.jpg

another nice addition is this nice little pump mount, again with rubber grommets to stop the vibration

case_22.jpg

So, thats the case! what do you guys think of it? A lot of people i have spoken to either love it or hate it, there is no real in between.

Im just waiting on some more hardware, and then we can get stuck into the build properly, i want to do quite a subtle build, lots of whites, greys and blacks, but I think I might add some orange, because.... davido_labido.

I just dont like the holes at the bottom (first picture) i know they are there for better air flow, other than that i really like it! 
Still want to see the final build =] 

Makes me think of  "What if the xbox 360 was a PC and not a console?"

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

That case looks NICE! haha

I can't wait to see more. Should be interesting to say the least!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Quite clearly the most honking monstrosity of a case I have ever seen. When Bit-tech ran their competition to win one to mod my immediate thought was "Run the ugly bastard under a bus, that'll fix it".

Sorry, but she's a dog. I know that Mythbusters can polish turds but this thing belongs in a landfill with ten tons of crap holding it down.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I just dont like the holes at the bottom (first picture) i know they are there for better air flow, other than that i really like it!

Still want to see the final build =]

Yeah, it's certainly down to performance rather than aesthetics, I think it will help quite a bit!

well dayum son

;) soon be able to put some hardware in it =D

Makes me think of "What if the xbox 360 was a PC and not a console?"

Haha, 'what if the Xbox is good' ;)

That case looks NICE! haha

I can't wait to see more. Should be interesting to say the least!

Soon! I'm working away from home atm so il be back after the weekend!

Quite clearly the most honking monstrosity of a case I have ever seen. When Bit-tech ran their competition to win one to mod my immediate thought was "Run the ugly bastard under a bus, that'll fix it".

Sorry, but she's a dog. I know that Mythbusters can polish turds but this thing belongs in a landfill with ten tons of crap holding it down.

Good job you didn't get asked to do it then isn't it? That's the good thing about tastes, everyone's is different, I don't like sticking a load of vinyl on everything, you do, tis all good though, if we all liked the same things it would be boring.

lol that's the second time you've taken a cheap shot over vinyl.

Whichever way you try to butter it up this is quite possibly the worst case ever made. No seriously, you are the only person I've met who actually likes it. If you don't believe me look for the original thread on Bit-tech. Then go look at the post from Overfiend on MLG and you will see him politely saying what I did. You seem to have taken offence to me stating the absolute obvious - don't.

Personally dude I wouldn't have dirtied my hands with it as it will only make you look bad. It doesn't matter how good your modding skills are there's just no getting away from it.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

What... I've not taken a 'cheap shot' at all.... I just don't like vinyl... No reason to take it to hear, you obviously do, which is fine....

I've seen a lot o people that like the case.... A few in this thread, I'm not offended in the slightest, I like to see other people's opinions on things, hence my post saying it's a good thing people like different things... I don't understand how you can think I took offence from that buy hey ho.

I would prefer to get cases that aren't always over done and that are different and have a go with them, thats the whole point of modding. =)

Now, without further to do, lets see what my awesome sponsors have sent me for this build shall we?!

The first 2 that I'm going to show are MSI a new sponsor for me although I have been talking to them for around 12 months waiting to do a build with them for a while, and have attended many events with these guys, they are pretty awesome!!!

Also, HyperX. I'm pretty sure anyone who has seen one of my build logs before knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys and gals. They help me out all the time and the people are great! If I could choose a company to work for... it would be HyperX!

So:

msi.jpg

MSI will be providing the motherboard for this build. They sent me the X99 A SLI Krait Edition with USB 3.1 :D

IMG_6998.jpg

This board matches the build colour perfectly!

IMG_7000.jpg

I'm sure i can add some orange easily if I do decide to pop a little bit of colour into this...

IMG_7003.jpg

This will be my second experience with X99, Nom Nom Nom

IMG_7014.jpg

Plenty of sata ports on this board, always great to see!

IMG_7019.jpg

For all you M.2 lovers, this has a front slot.

IMG_7020.jpg

and now for

QVKu_Buh.jpg

These guys have been awesome and sent me the following Savage SSDs and also their new Predator DDR4 (click the links for more information on these as they have some great specs!)

So, HyperX sent me 2 SSDs, both are the same drives, but one comes with a great little adapter and case to enable you to run any SSD drive from USB. This is awesome for me as it means i can keep all my games on one drive and just move them between computers!

IMG_6469.jpg

These have an updated design from the 3k series, but still have the prominent X we all love ;)

IMG_6462.jpg.

This is the case that came with one of the drives.

IMG_6470.jpg

Its as simple as putting the SSD into it....

IMG_6477.jpg

then locking it using the little switch on the back. It comes with a USB cable and its plug and play! Winner!

IMG_6480.jpg

HyperX also sent me this ram.... NOM NOM NOM!!!!

IMG_6436.jpg

When I get a silly amount of ram, i like to make spiral staircases with it....

IMG_6439.jpg

So what happens when we put MSI and HyperX together?!

IMG_7022.jpg

It's a match made in heaven!

IMG_7036.jpg

There is something about 8 sticks of ram that just make things look... beastly.

IMG_7041.jpg

I will leave you with this one last picture, if I get time I will show some more sponsor products tomorrow!

Untitled_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I have been working away a lot and doing a few events, so I haven't been at home long enough to do any updates!! I do however have LOAAADS more products and stuff from my awesome sponsors and I have a few hours before i have to head out the door again so I thought I best show off a little bit more!

So first up, a huge thanks to be quiet! for supplying me with the fans and PSU for this build!

be_quiet_Logo_pos_RGB.png

I actually got an email from be quiet! a long time before I knew I was going to be doing this project asking if I would like to use their products. I have already got a lot of fans from them, and I've also used their PSU's in the past, so it really wasn't a hard decision to make!!

be quiet! have been very generous and sent me this:

IMG_7046.jpg

I have actually been sitting on this package for some time, and I got the PSU the same day as it was released!! :o

IMG_7059.jpg

It's a beasty! 1200w platinum rated with one of their Silent Wings fans to keep it cool and quiet.

IMG_7062.jpg

I certainly dont think I will be running out of connections for this build, there are plenty of connectors, I do particuarly like the idea of running the fans of the headers they provide, I have never used a PSU that does this, so it will be interesting.

IMG_7068.jpg

the rear of the PSU has a rubber gasket surrounding it. This will, of course,reduce any vibration that the fan might make from getting to the chassis and making any noise. It wouldn't be be quiet! if it wasn't silent! 

The PSU comes with a lot of accessories, and i mean a lot. its got 2 sets of screws, valcro cable ties, the usual box of modular cables, but then it has fan cables, an OCK jumper and an OCK bracket with a switch

IMG_7076.jpg

For the fans I went for Pure Wings 2 from be quiet! 

IMG_7050.jpg

I think everyone has used be quiet! fans one way or another and they really are decent fans, especially for how little noise they make. I have never actually used the Pure Wings 2, however I have used the Shadow Wings before and if these perform at a similar rate I will be very happy.

IMG_7048.jpg

As you can see I have gone for 120mm fans and a lot of them (10), I no doubt will hook them up to a fan controller rather than direct to the PSU just to give me some more control over them, I doubt I will need to have all 10 running at 100%, so I will be able to have a rather quiet PC this time round :D

IMG_7054.jpg

The fans are rather sleek with the usual black on black that be quiet! love to use.  I'm not going to go crazy on the pictures for these as you will see a lot of them when I'm doing the radiators ;)

IMG_7058.jpg

So, that's be quiet!, again a huge thank you to them for supporting me!