Do I need cooling fans.

Ashish231

Hello everyone,

I don't know much about fans so can you all guide me what a fan does.

If my case has 1 fan how more do I need.

Is having a high end fan a good idea or a mid series fan is sufficient.

My case supports 6 fans

What is your case ? And what is your setup, are you having any cooling issues like cpu or gpu overheating ? We need more info to give you the best answer. Usually 2 fan is enough one in the back and one in the front is what i have right now. I know noctua make really great fan and they even have a ltt version if you like that.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

What case and components do you have?

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

I am going to build a pc and my mid tower has gpu support up to 7990 with 6 fans

the most important is what kind of case you are using.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

I will tell the case afterwards.

But it van support 6 fans

www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/elite-311/

This is my case.

If it is not good i can get a more good one but initially this is my choice

As far as I can see the case only supports 3 fans.

Yes I switched my case cause it is out of stock but tell me my answer

It was haf 912.

My gpu is 970 and i5 4460.

I won't overclock.

But after 4-5 years I will overclock for sure.

Unless you have a beefy overclock on your CPU and SLI/Crossfire graphics cards you shouldn't need very many fans.

1 intake (front or bottom) and 1 exhaust (back or top) is usually enough for most setups.

If you add more fans I'd suggest alternating between intake and exhaust.

So like this:

2 fans - 1 intake 1 exhaust.

3 fans - 2 intake 1 exhaust.

4 fans - 2 intake 2 exhaust.

5 fans - 3 intake 2 exhaust.

High end fans aren't needed for the most part.

If you had a liquid cooled setup with a thick radiator or you really wanted to make your PC as quiet as you can then you may want to spend more of higher quality fans.

For basic intake and exhaust most fans will do just fine.

If you want them to be quieter I'd try lowering their speed before buying new fans as fan speed plays a large roll in how loud they are.

[insert content from various different posts here]

I don't know if you're aware, @Ashish231, but there's a button marked "EDIT" on the bottom right of your posts. It might be a good idea if you used that instead of double posting all the time.

As for the answer to your question, I'd say that it would be a good idea to get at least two case fans, with one being an intake and the other an exhaust. Whether you need any more will depend on a variety of variables, and it's difficult to say with the information you've provided whether that would be the case for you. It might be important, for example, to give us some idea of what you've got planned for CPU cooling. Are you going to stick with the stock cooler, get an aftermarket air cooler or go all the way to liquid cooling?

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

I don't know if you're aware, @Ashish231, but there's a button marked "EDIT" on the bottom right of your posts. It might be a good idea if you used that instead of double posting all the time.

As for the answer to your question, I'd say that it would be a good idea to get at least two case fans, with one being an intake and the other an exhaust. Whether you need any more will depend on a variety of variables, and it's difficult to say with the information you've provided whether that would be the case for you. It might be important, for example, to give us some idea of what you've got planned for CPU cooling. Are you going to stick with the stock cooler, get an aftermarket air cooler or go all the way to liquid cooling?

Well I can't see edit button in my right left on my s4.

For cooling

I have no knowledge.

I am like you when you started.

You may find on Internet information but I liked to ask you all for this

Well I can't see edit button in my right left on my s4.

For cooling

I have no knowledge.

I am like you when you started.

You may find on Internet information but I liked to ask you all for this

Right, I see. Well, in that case I would focus more on the CPU cooler, because it's going to make much more of a difference than case fans ever could.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Get as many as you want....You have a case that is purpose build for aircooling...Would be rather stupid not to exploit that fact and put some nice fans in.

There is no answer like "This amount of fans is enough"....Depends on your system, how warm your room gets etc etc etc.

I have 4 fans in my case, and I have roughly the same system as you, just a little bit better.

But I get a weird sense of satisfaction to see my computer running at very low temps.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.