Can anyone recommend an affordable pair of decent headphones?

Moorbs

My budget is around £60 ($100 US).

I'm considering Sennheiser or Sony but there's so many choices.

I'd like good bass but not overpowering and obviously a good overall mix

3.5mm jack would be preferable.

Cheers guys.

I have these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_70287_Philips-SHP1900.html

cheap, good quality, soft on ears

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

ath-m40x's are on sale on amazon right now for $99.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Try looking at what Superlux has to offer... They've got cheap yet good pairs...

Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna go for the Audio-Technica ATH-M40X.

Although I might possibly go for the M50X instead. Anyone know how much better the 50s are?

I recommend the Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones - these can usually be found in the UK for around £50.

They're made by a Japanese company called Foster which sells high quality headphones under their Fostex brand. These particular headphones were seen previously as the Denon AH-D1001.

You have to go far to beat the sound quality of this set - and at this price range you likely won't find anything else that matches it.

In depth review here at inner fidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

It's still on their wall of fame four years later as a testament to how good they are.

Although I might possibly go for the M50X instead. Anyone know how much better the 50s are?

Not at all. Save your fucking money.

Save your money and just skip Audio Technicas. Please, do give the Philips SHP9500 a chance. 

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Philips SHP9500 is a steal for under $100. Sounds fantastic even without external DAC/AMP, almost as good as the Fidelio X2. 

Try looking at what Superlux has to offer... They've got cheap yet good pairs...

I have superlux hd668b and there great I upgraded to akg q701 about a year ago but still love the superlux

It sounds really fussy but I hate the big L and R on the Philips SHP9500.

Also, I'd prefer leather kind of padding to fabric as it's easier to keep clean.
I might just blow a load of money on some Bose Soundtrue over ears...

Also, I'd prefer leather kind of padding to fabric as it's easier to keep clean.

You're allowed to be fussy, it's your money that you are spending.

That being said, youll never see it when they're on your head.

I'd recommend Sennheiser HD280's or the M40xs

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I listened to several Bose over-ears while at Target the other day...frankly the gen 2 Beats next to them sounded better (speaking relatively, of course).

Uhm... not like you can see it while you're wearing it... unless you end up being infront of a mirror a fair lot of times @.@

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Uhm... not like you can see it while you're wearing it... unless you end up being infront of a mirror a fair lot of times @.@

My AD2000x came with one of the Audio-Technica logos upside down.  It bothered me so much that I tore the plastic logo off and reglued it into the proper orientation (couldn't return because I was an idiot and didn't inspect it while still in Japan)

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I went with the audio technica ATH-M50Xs. The reason I chose them over the M40Xs is that they have slightly louder bass and quieter treble which I like as well as being 45mm instead of 40mm, again slightly better for bass though not overpowering in the mix. One more thing is they come with more cables which you cannot switch for normal jacks. I'm waiting for them to arrive now so hopefully they were £90 well spent.