Watch dogs 45 fps gtx 970?

smeek14

So I have recently downloaded Watch dogs.  My fps is much lower than expected.  In the streets I only get like 45 fps on the ultra preset.  In buildings it jumps to way above 60.  My CPU is an i5 4590.  My gpu is an msi gtx 970.  In Far cry 4 I get 60-75, and in Far cry 3 I get 75-95.  Can someone tell me a possible solution?

That's because w_d is optimized like shit. It's normal.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So I have recently downloaded Watch dogs.  My fps is much lower than expected.  In the streets I only get like 45 fps on the ultra preset.  In buildings it jumps to way above 60.  My CPU is an i5 4590.  My gpu is an msi gtx 970.  In Far cry 4 I get 60-75, and in Far cry 3 I get 75-95.  Can someone tell me a possible solution?

watch dogs is just that bad. dual 7970s, would get 140 in bf4, in far cry 4 using one would get 60fps. watch dogs medium settings i was lucky to keep it over 30

ya sadly it just doesnt run well, when I finished it it hated sli so turn that off if you have it but I doubt you do based on your title

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I watched some benchmarks on youtube and they got over 60 fps.

It's worse than GTA IV.

I watched some benchmarks on youtube and they got over 60 fps.

Well I ran the game with the 970 I had for a couple weeks and I was getting 60fps in the city area sometimes. Are you running it with TXAA or something? TXAA is very taxing in that game.

Well I ran the game with the 970 I had for a couple weeks and I was getting 60fps in the city area sometimes. Are you running it with TXAA or something? TXAA is very taxing in that game.

SMAA I believe

Watch Dogs is one the most unoptimised game out there. So don’t expect good FPS on that game 

EDIT: Unoptimised means you might have a good Pc yet get bad FPS, you might have a shit Pc and get better FPS

That's because w_d is optimized like shit. It's normal.

watch dogs is just that bad. dual 7970s, would get 140 in bf4, in far cry 4 using one would get 60fps. watch dogs medium settings i was lucky to keep it over 30

None... Game sucks, it's not optimized...

ya sadly it just doesnt run well, when I finished it it hated sli so turn that off if you have it but I doubt you do based on your title

It's worse than GTA IV.

Watch Dogs is one the most unoptimised game out there. So don’t expect good FPS on that game 

So, I'm not trying to be a dick, but OP's framerate shouldn't be that bad. Simply saying the game isn't optimized isn't an answer to the issue.

SMAA I believe

Which V-Sync are you using if any (there's two settings), and what pre-rendered frame settings are you using?

Which V-Sync are you using if any (there's two settings), and what pre-rendered frame settings are you using?

mate, 2 7970s is not far behind a 970. trying to be realistic here, he may have to crank down settings, and that might not make a difference. 

OP, check your gpu usage/cpu usage.

mate, 2 7970s is not far behind a 970. trying to be realistic here, he may have to crank down settings, and that might not make a difference. 

OP, check your gpu usage/cpu usage.

I had a 970 and benchmarked that game. He shouldn't be getting that bad of a framerate.

So, I'm not trying to be a dick, but OP's framerate shouldn't be that bad. Simply saying the game isn't optimized isn't an answer to the issue.

very well could be the case, I was only on 680s where I couldnt maximize the settings due to vram. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I had a 970 and benchmarked that game. He shouldn't be getting that bad of a framerate.

im not saying its not possible, its also possible one setting is wrecking it. just saying not to set the expectations to high is all

im not saying its not possible, its also possible one setting is wrecking it. just saying not to set the expectations to high is all

But what I'm saying is I maxed the game out (minus AA, used temporal SMAA or whatever) and I was getting over 60fps most of the time when I had a 970 for a couple of weeks.

That's also why I'm asking about other settings that he may be using.

from what I know w_d maxed out gives more or less that framerate on 970s.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have v sync off. Ultra preset and smaa

It would help more if you quote me so I get a notification.

What about the buffered frame setting?

from what I know w_d maxed out gives more or less that framerate on 970s.

Except when I had mine, I could run the game fine.

pExcept when I had mine, I could run the game fine.

maxed?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

maxed?

Yes. Like I said, I had the game maxed out minus AA. I was using temporal SMAA or whatever it's called.

It would help more if you quote me so I get a notification.

What about the buffered frame setting?

Except when I had mine, I could run the game fine.

I have that at 5.