Looking for a good mechanical keyboard with media controls like on the corsair offerings, but without the bad software

I am looking for a good backlit (would like RGB, but doesn't have to be) MX brown mechanical keyboard with nice media keys like those on the Corsair K70 RGB, but without the software everyone complains about.  In Linus's review, it seemed to me like he loved everything about that keyboard EXCEPT the software, so I'm looking for something similar.

the software has been cleared up a lot since then and is a lot easier to use. in about 5 mins after getting mine I was able to use it without many problems.

I am looking for a good backlit (would like RGB, but doesn't have to be) MX brown mechanical keyboard with nice media keys like those on the Corsair K70 RGB, but without the software everyone complains about.  In Linus's review, it seemed to me like he loved everything about that keyboard EXCEPT the software, so I'm looking for something similar.

really the software is one of the best on the market therefore the k70 or k90 is your best option

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Logitech has a very intuitive software so a G710+ sounds good to me.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Perhaps the K70 without RGB if you don't like the software, like the design, and don't have to have RGB.  Otherwise, you could get something from the Cooler Master Quickfire Series.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Just get a K70(RGB) they have really fixed the software a lot.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

really the software is one of the best on the market therefore the k70 or k90 is your best option

the software has been cleared up a lot since then and is a lot easier to use. in about 5 mins after getting mine I was able to use it without many problems.

Apparently they fixed the software!  I would recommend that you instead go for a K70 RGB, since you like the design and they fixed the software.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Apparently they fixed the software!  I would recommend that you instead go for a K70 RGB, since you like the design and they fixed the software.

Well, seeing as all of you say that the software has been majorly fixed, I'll go with the K70 RGB.  Thank you all!

the software isnt god awful its perfectly useable its just a bit complicated if you want to go full on with your lighting work, personally I dont. I just download and use other peoples. So I still say get a corsair

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit