Radeon R9 380 ASUS Strix Gaming 2GB benchmarks

zMeul

Did you expect it to get a performance boost? It's a god damn HD 7950/70

No it's not, it's a 285

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I would be more impressed with a 390X keeping up with the Titan X(980Ti) performance at $650/$550, then the new name "Fury"... but... it is just a freaking name.

The funniest part of all this is that the 280x should be faster. The 280x was a 7970ghz edition which was really a 7970. They're doing this because they dont want 4 year old hw as their new flagship even though the new card is slower

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

The funniest part of all this is that the 280x should be faster

and it is, keep in mind they overclocked the 380, keep an eye or the stock scores

in the test, there only one instance where 380 stock is above 280X: CoD: AW

The funniest part of all this is that the 280x should be faster. The 280x was a 7970ghz edition which was really a 7970. They're doing this because they dont want 4 year old hw as their new flagship even though the new card is slower

Not only that but it would be hard to explain the lack of other features like trueaudio

-------

Current Rig

-------

R9 380 ASUS Strix 2Gb benchmarks

2Gb would be 256MB.

it's 1AM, s**t can happen - edited OP

Thank you. You are a most thoughtful and diligent person.

Thank you. You are a most thoughtful and diligent person.

I am?!  :blink:

and it is, keep in mind they overclocked the 380, keep an eye or the stock scores

in the test, there only one instance where 380 stock is above 280X: CoD: AW

The thing is the 280x it's also an overclocked rebrand, so it's not that difficult that it outperforms the 380 at stock while having 256 more steam cores.

Then, they don't show the comparison in games like Bioshock Infinite, Civilization Beyond Earth, Grid Autosport, Watch Dogs, Metro Last Light, CoD, Wolfenstein, GTA V, Project Cars or The Witcher 3, where 285 equals or even outperforms the 280x. 

And finally, that overclock is done with stock voltage, so there's some room for more of it. You can easily reach 1100 with a small bump in Tonga.

Build: CPU: Intel i5 4690k OC = 4.4Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte R9 285 OC = 1100/1575MHz | MB: MSI Z97M Gaming | RAM: Corsair 8GB 2133MHz CL9 | Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Silent 14 | CaseCooltek U3 | PSU: Corsair RM550 | MonitorDell UltraSharp 2414h | Keyboard: Steelseries 6gv2 | Mouse: Corsair M95

FireStrike score = 7803. Graphic score = 9363 (record single r9 285).

then you should OC the 280X too, or you want to leave it like that

I simply consider a bad practice to compare overclocked cards - some silicon overclocks more, some less and you just end up with skewed results often not replicable by home users

Who cares? Fury is here.

I still morally object at charging an extra 70 USD for what its essentially the same product (390x). In fact I'm pretty sure is borderline illegal since the old product its still being sold

-------

Current Rig

-------

ITT: People bitching who bitched at ADM for being lazy then they turned up insane GPU's with a brand new memory technology. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

then you should OC the 280X too, or you want to leave it like that

I simply consider a bad practice to compare overclocked cards - some silicon overclocks more, some less and you just end up with skewed results often not replicable by home users

Emm... it's already overclocked to 1100/1500 and compared only to old games which doesn't use the new features from the 285, besides CoD where it wins, what a coincidence!

And wait for DX12 games with 12.0 level support and 8 ACE compared to 11.1 and only 2 from Tahiti.

Build: CPU: Intel i5 4690k OC = 4.4Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte R9 285 OC = 1100/1575MHz | MB: MSI Z97M Gaming | RAM: Corsair 8GB 2133MHz CL9 | Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Silent 14 | CaseCooltek U3 | PSU: Corsair RM550 | MonitorDell UltraSharp 2414h | Keyboard: Steelseries 6gv2 | Mouse: Corsair M95

FireStrike score = 7803. Graphic score = 9363 (record single r9 285).

Emm... it's already overclocked to 1100/1500 and compared only to old games which doesn't use the new features from the 285 besides CoD, where it wins, what a coincidence!

And wait for DX12 games with 12.0level support and 8 ACE comapred to 11.1 and only 2 from Tahiti.

that's exactly why the GCN 1.0 cards should be snuffed out, not carried over

ITT: People bitching who bitched at ADM for being lazy then they turned up insane GPU's with a brand new memory technology.

Again, just because they have a nice product with a nice price tag for their flagships justify them trying to make up for those unrealized margins with a shameless rebadge that increases the price greatly. A right does not negates a wrong here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Again, just because they have a nice product with a nice price tag for their flagships justify them trying to make up for those unrealized margins with a shameless rebadge that increases the price greatly. A right does not negates a wrong here.

Well for starters VRAM ain't free. It's not like they're also taking the 200X series off the shelves either.  I mean I just have trouble imagining how the hell you could

A: Best a 70% market share competitor (better word would be destroy) on flagship cards.

B: Also pop out a brand new lineup. 

At this point i'm not sure AMD had the money and resources to accomplish that. + It's not like their lower end cards weren't still kicking Nvidia ass.

I mean at this point 970's the only card you could say is better from Nvidia, that's a prettty good situation for a cash striped company. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

No it's not, it's a 285

If you kept reading, I realized that it's Tonga, and not Picarin, when someone pointed it out. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Well for starters VRAM ain't free. It's not like they're also taking the 200X series off the shelves either.  I mean I just have trouble imagining how the hell you could

A: Best a 70% market share competitor (better word would be destroy) on flagship cards.

B: Also pop out a brand new lineup. 

At this point i'm not sure AMD had the money and resources to accomplish that. + It's not like their lower end cards weren't still kicking Nvidia ass.

I mean at this point 970's the only card you could say is better from Nvidia, that's a prettty good situation for a cash striped company. 

Actually, When I quote 70 extra dollars I do mean exactly the same card: The 290x 8gb tri x:

http://goo.gl/VRLOiZ

A 4gb vram 290x is actually closer to 150 bucks cheaper.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Did you expect it to get a performance boost? It's a god damn HD 7950/70

No, it's Tonga (R9 285).

If you kept reading, I realized that it's Tonga, and not Picarin, when someone pointed it out. 

The 79x0 is Tahiti. :|

Either release something new or don't release it at all.

Then you should give the budget of R&D for AMD

AMD doesn't have enough money as Nvidia or Intel R&D to make new GPUs every few years. 

Common sense as we know AMD is struggling anyway.

AMD-Nets.png

*ahem*

No, it's Tonga (R9 285).

QFT

The 79x0 is Tahiti. :|

QFT

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nvidia fanboys sure are looking up obscure benchmarks.

The 380 is just the regular 285 again.  So expect this:

KQG19Ai.png

I'm disappointed there's no 380x/full tonga in the line up though.  

Always Nvidia fanboys that complain about AMD's rebranding and how their cards are.......

285 beats the 960 at a cheaper price...

Why should you complain about a rebranded product if it's cheaper and faster than the other product.....