EK block does not fit

Pics? Type of GPU? Anything?

Nevermind...which waterblock did you get?

what block? are you sure you got the one for exactly this card? 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Contact EK. I haven't had to deal with their customer support luckily but I'd imagine they're good considering how great their products are. Maybe they sent the wrong block? If it honestly is the wrong block they should exchange it for the right one or give you a refund if they don't make it, probably minus shipping though. If the standoffs don't line up with your holes then there is something obviously wrong.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

I sent a PM to John but for everyone else here, yesterday we released the revised block for the rev. 1.3 PCB's

http://www.ekwb.com/news/604/19/EK-releases-new-block-for-latest-revision-MSI-GeForce-GTX-970/

John should be able to have the correct block for his card soon  :)

Btw I cannot say enough how amazing it is that EK has a semi/completely official account here. It is an amazing touch for community building and keeping your awesome products on the top of people's lists and thoughts.

I wish more companies did this, the response would be ecstatic.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Btw I cannot say enough how amazing it is that EK has a semi/completely official account here. It is an amazing touch for community building and keeping your awesome products on the top of people's lists and thoughts.

I wish more companies did this, the response would be ecstatic.

Thanks for the kind words!  :)

We do our best to help you guys!

ek thats great you came out with a 1.3v card wish it was around when i ran into that problem . ek luc can you still use the sli bridge thing between a 1.3 card and a 1.1/2 . since the 1.3 card was longer if i can remember .im looking into getting a second one to sli rather find out before i order the gpu/block

Thanks for the kind words!  :)

We do our best to help you guys!

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

EK being a bro! I love to see stuff like this. For my next build (which will be my first watercooled one, I promise) I will definitely use EK products for exactly this reason!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

ek thats great you came out with a 1.3v card wish it was around when i ran into that problem . ek luc can you still use the sli bridge thing between a 1.3 card and a 1.1/2 . since the 1.3 card was longer if i can remember .im looking into getting a second one to sli rather find out before i order the gpu/block

I will ask but i'm afraid it might not be possible.

I'll let you know

I received an answer from Niko and he told me that the EK-FC970 GTX TFX and the EK-FC970 GTX TF5 will align making the use of our Terminal Bridges possible between them!

So my first tought was wrong.  :)

I received an answer from Niko and he told me that the EK-FC970 GTX TFX and the EK-FC970 GTX TF5 will align making the use of our Terminal Bridges possible between them!

So my first tought was wrong.  :)

ok thank you since i have seen pictures on overclock.net of the 2 versions blocks not matching up at all for the link 1/4in-1/2 difference .will be ordering the block soon then thank you

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

ok thank you since i have seen pictures on overclock.net of the 2 versions blocks not matching up at all for the link 1/4in-1/2 difference .will be ordering the block soon then thank you

Hi again!

You were right about being suspicious  :(

After further checks, you WON'T be able to connect a EK-FC970 GTX TFX and a EK-FC970 GTX TF5 together with a bridge.  They WON'T align.

I'm extremely sorry to have cause any possible issues about with my previous comment  :(

Hi again!

You were right about being suspicious  :(

After further checks, you WON'T be able to connect a EK-FC970 GTX TFX and a EK-FC970 GTX TF5 together with a bridge.  They WON'T align.

I'm extremely sorry to have cause any possible issues about with my previous comment  :(

if its possible can you tell the right people that you cant sli the 2 different size cards together on your cooling config. gives a pop up ect so they know to check there cards before ordering . since thats what made me start searching and found out the hard way

main rig

Spoiler

Spoiler