Build for a friend

SpamBrie

Here is a build my friend wants to make :http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1jMna

It needs everything on there monitor case etc. It will be used for gaming at 1080p

Price range up to an absolute maximum of £900 and preferably around £800.

Any help will be greatly appriciated

Here is a build my friend wants to make :http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1jMna

It needs everything on there monitor case etc. It will be used for gaming at 1080p

Price range up to an absolute maximum of £900 and preferably around £800.

Any help will be greatly appriciated

All looks good to me. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Not to bad at all. Just saw is: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Ivy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

\

save some money, theres a bundle on ariapc and yes finally a uk guy i can help, http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/MSI+G43+Intel+Z87+Watercooled+Motherboard+Bundle+-+SAVE+%C2%A343%21+?productId=56422

A great board and free water cooling, so go for haswell instead of ivybridge. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I would recommend a equivalently priced air cooler because they generally offer better performance

Not to bad at all. Just saw is: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Ivy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

It runs perfectly fine that 1.65v ram will work fine according to Intel employees. You don't need to worry since it doesn't even get past 1.8v.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i think you did good man nice job

Manners Maketh Man

Thanks all the responses, I will take them into account. I am looking to make it as future proof ( I know that that is impossible for over 3 years ) and I was wondering what sort of life span it has ( as in how many more years it can keep running games at good settings ). Thanks for the feed back again and I hope that you can answer my questions!

Thanks all the responses, I will take them into account. I am looking to make it as future proof ( I know that that is impossible for over 3 years ) and I was wondering what sort of life span it has ( as in how many more years it can keep running games at good settings ). Thanks for the feed back again and I hope that you can answer my questions!

By the way. This is my friend. New forum member Yayyyy!!

Why did you pick a ATX board instead of mATX?

Maybe because a matx motherboard looks really, really awkward in a mid-atx case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You would choose a mATX case and a mATX board. I am just curious for the need of such a large case and motherboard when everything can fit nicely in a mATX case and board.

You would choose a mATX case and a mATX board. I am just curious for the need of such a large case and motherboard when everything can fit nicely in a mATX case and board.

People like big cases sometimes even though it's not always practical. I didn't need it but I got a NZXT Phantom after Linus' unboxing. 

My friend has a Cosmos 1000. Neither of us needs a full tower but eh...it's cool.

People like big cases sometimes even though it's not always practical. 

Yeah, I need the motherboard size with the large case because of the graphics card, 12 inches. It would be nice to have a lot of left over room to expand in future years where new larger graphics cards come out ( Over the past few years they have been getting bigger, not smaller ) Oh, this one is. It is so if I want to expand in the case I have a lot more room. Also if anybody trys to steal the pc, its a massive thing, its going to be pretty hard to steal compared to a matx in a matx case, just too large. 

Yeah, I need the motherboard size with the large case because of the graphics card, 12 inches. It would be nice to have a lot of left over room to expand in future years where new larger graphics cards come out ( Over the past few years they have been getting bigger, not smaller ) Oh, this one is. It is so if I want to expand in the case I have a lot more room. Also if anybody trys to steal the pc, its a massive thing, its going to be pretty hard to steal compared to a matx in a matx case, just too large. 

Haha. The cool thing is though that you can fit multiple gpus in a micro atx system nowadays.

If you haven't gotten a large case before, let me tell you it's a bit impractical and it sucks if you decide you don't like it as much any more. Just a warning: Get a smaller case if you don't mind it. 

If you haven't gotten a large case before, let me tell you it's a bit impractical and it sucks if you decide you don't like it as much any more.

Nah, I have had some large pc's before, and anyway, I have a lot of room spare on my desk/under my desk. It would easily fit in 3.5x1x0.1 desk!