Steam Summer sale, Did I make any mistakes?

Tom is a Door

This was and is my first steam summer or any kind of huge seasonal sale, I read and saw many videos about Steam will rape your wallet so I was wondering did I make the right decision buying this games?

-Grid - $3.00

-Mirrors Edge - $4.39

-Insurgency - $ 3.74

-Transistor - $4.99

Kind of hovering over L4D2, but I already have bunch of games in my library that I have installed upon purchase but never played more than 30 minutes... I really don't want to waste money, also any suggestions?

Those are some fairly inexpensive purchases there, so I'd say you did well for the Steam sale... so far ;)

I've also only spent about £10 so far on three games, so I'm glad that my wallet isn't empty yet.

Those are some fairly inexpensive purchases there, so I'd say you did well for the Steam sale... so far ;)

I've also only spent about £10 so far on three games, so I'm glad that my wallet isn't empty yet.

Curious about which games you bought, if you want xD

This was and is my first steam summer or any kind of huge seasonal sale, I read and saw many videos about Steam will rape your wallet so I was wondering did I make the right decision buying this games?

-Grid - $3.00

-Mirrors Edge - $4.39

-Insurgency - $ 3.74

-Transistor - $4.99

Kind of hovering over L4D2, but I already have bunch of games in my library that I have installed upon purchase but never played more than 30 minutes... I really don't want to waste money, also any suggestions?

l4d2 is a great game, get it.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I spent $20 on Civ 5 Complete, Insurgency, and Game Dev Tycoon. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I got L4D2 when Steam was handing it out for free and yeah you made good buys

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

-Grid - $3.00

-Mirrors Edge - $4.39

-Insurgency - $ 3.74

-Transistor - $4.99

Welcome to the Steam Summer sale. May Gaben be with you. Those are some small amounts. Steam rape people no way!...... Looks at wallet. Over $400 spent on sale... nvm :(

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Curious about which games you bought, if you want xD

The Witcher 2, Chivalry, and Prison Architect

TW2 doesn't run well on my PC, but it was so cheap I can't be bothered to get a refund :P

Mirror's Edge, good choice.

Transistor seems like an awesome game too :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes you made a huge mistake, you didn't buy Secret of the Magic Crystal.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

The Witcher 2, Chivalry, and Prison Architect

TW2 doesn't run well on my PC, but it was so cheap I can't be bothered to get a refund :P

Yeah, I wanted to get tw1and 2 but they made it 50% so yeah, i will try not to cry

Yes you made a huge mistake, you didn't buy Secret of the Magic Crystal.

Oh my pony, forgive me gaben *throws money at the monitor* xD

I'm already getting ~50$ in refunds. Too bad it takes the money 7 days to get back into my steam wallet.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Oh my pony, forgive me gaben *throws money at the monitor* xD

There's literally no reason not to get it, plus it's on sale for $0.99 and is very positively rated.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I've yet to buy anything.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'm already getting ~50$ in refunds. Too bad it takes the money 7 days to get back into my steam wallet.

up to 7 days* mine took like 2.5-3 i did it right before the sale.

Fractal Design Define S | Asus X570 TUF Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3600mhz ram | Nvidia RTX 3080 FE |

Corsair RMx 1000w PSU | Corsair H115 Elite Cappellix | Micron M600 M.2 256Gb SSDs | WD SN850X 4TB NVME | 2TB Samsung 860evo | 1440p 240hz LG UltraGear 27GR95QE OLED | 1440p 155hz Dell S2719DGF | LG 29WP60G-B 1080p 75hz Ultrawide | GMMK TKL | Glorious Model O-

So which games that are you trying to get refund I'll try to avoid them.

I've yet to buy anything.

Already own the games or just not interested? I wasn't interested either bought one...after couple minutes started buying more... Gaben and his witchery

i refunded $142 worth of games two days before the sale so steam wallet was looking good.

-Metro 2033 Redux

-Metro Last Light Redux

-Nba 2K15

-Wolfenstein A new Order

-Cities Skylines

-Chivalry

-Portal 2

all those for $79

Fractal Design Define S | Asus X570 TUF Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3600mhz ram | Nvidia RTX 3080 FE |

Corsair RMx 1000w PSU | Corsair H115 Elite Cappellix | Micron M600 M.2 256Gb SSDs | WD SN850X 4TB NVME | 2TB Samsung 860evo | 1440p 240hz LG UltraGear 27GR95QE OLED | 1440p 155hz Dell S2719DGF | LG 29WP60G-B 1080p 75hz Ultrawide | GMMK TKL | Glorious Model O-

oh i didn't notice transistor was $5 i guess i will go buy that lol

Pretty much everything for today's sale and flash sale was from my wishlist, that's how i noticed lol

i refunded $142 worth of games two days before the sale so steam wallet was looking good.

-Metro 2033 Redux

-Metro Last Light Redux

-Nba 2K15

-Wolfenstein A new Order

-Cities Skylines

-Chivalry

-Portal 2

all those for $79

love cities skylines, chivalry is good if you keep up with it.. it will get get frustrating once you hit the level cap for the new player servers, but once you learn how other players fight it gets fun again because you don't feel like a sitting duck getting one hitted all the time

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

love cities skylines, chivalry is good if you keep up with it.. it will get get frustrating once you hit the level cap for the new player servers, but once you learn how other players fight it gets fun again because you don't feel like a sitting duck getting one hitted all the time

Yeah i got lost playing cites last night for a couple hours :unsure: And i heard chivalry was hard cause all the high level players on there are not forgiving at all..haha

Yeah i got lost playing cites last night for a couple hours :unsure: And i heard chivalry was hard cause all the high level players on there are not forgiving at all..haha

it can be, i mean, stick to the new player servers as long as you can. there is a level cap for them though. and that should get you familiar enough with the controls, mechanics, and how to win fights. when you join the higher level players it can be frustrating but you'll get the hang of it, especially if you played the new servers first to actually learn the game

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner