ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX GEN3 R2.0 Military-Grade Motherboard Rare

GamingDamned

?

No idea what that means...

Big whoop as in I really dont think the motherboard is all that flashy and IMO not something to boast about, because, well if you havent realized, tech doesnt really get more glory as it ages, just kinda collects dust, performs worse, and becomes obsolete.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's actually does do it.

It actually doesn't. It uses a trick to make it work almost like PCIe 3.0, but it is in fact only PCIe 2.0 with a speed boost. There is more to the 3.0 spec than just the speed.

See dividebyzero's post on this thread here: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sabertooth-990fx-gen-3-or-no.195985/

and GObonzo's post here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1768549/finding-motherboard-am3-pci.html

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

It actually doesn't. It uses a trick to make it work almost like PCIe 3.0, but it is in fact only PCIe 2.0 with a speed boost. There is more to the 3.0 spec than just the speed.

See dividebyzero's post on this thread here: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sabertooth-990fx-gen-3-or-no.195985/

and GObonzo's post here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1768549/finding-motherboard-am3-pci.html

Almost but some of the articles are based on theories. I can neither confirm or deny them. I'm still testing and benching atm. But the speeds are much better.

Big whoop as in I really dont think the motherboard is all that flashy and IMO not something to boast about, because, well if you havent realized, tech doesnt really get more glory as it ages, just kinda collects dust, performs worse, and becomes obsolete.

The fact that it was a limited model only few had. I love it compared to my normal R2.0 model.

Oh, whats the difference tho? Just name scheme or some features?

The differences are PCI Express 3.0 and more heat sinks and better design and better thermal limits and more.

Pretty cool looking board

Yes it's alot nicer looking than normal R2.0 model.

Any ways sorry for the delay on responding. My review is pushed back til i get Fury X i want to sell off my old board and gpu's. There's alot to do when it comes to a proper review. I will also have a follow up video on extended thoughts. Right now i'm very busy with other things.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Fury X reviews. I'm going with a R9 295X2 as still best gpu and compete's against the X. So once i get my new card. I will push tests for 4K gaming and do my benches after. Also i will hook the card to my water cooling.

Update i won't forget about you guys. The review will still happen. Just almost selling my old gpu's and old board. I will own a R9 295X2 by this week i hope.

I don't believe in military grade  :lol:

sounds interesting,.. gonna be having the EYE open on this one haha

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

• 3 weeks later...

sounds interesting,.. gonna be having the EYE open on this one haha

Soon work been very busy. I wish to complete this review at some point.