What FPS are you satisfied with

spwath

Apparently I have high standards. On a 144hz monitor I would ideally aim for 200 fps average. I cannot fathom how some people are fine with playing at 30 fps, or even 60 fps average for that matter. It will drop below 60 and you will get massive stutters! Unless of course you're running a variable refresh rate display.

Don't care as long as my Min is over 60

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

dispite my 144hz displays im content with 30 (depending on the game) for example dirt 3, I chose to run that on 3 screens and in 3d...its perfectly playable though at that since it never goes below 30 OR has massive fps jump stutter..for example bioshock infinite is absolutely INTOLERABLE to me, while I keep it above 60 always its always bounding around from 140-60 at random and causes massive stutter and it looks revolting...so much so I cant play it. but AC4 I managed to force into being 30fps (was having the same issues as BSI) and I was perfectly content with it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Minimum 60

Average 60

IDEAL 144hz  (assuming I had the panel)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Min 40 and average 50-60. I can't stand 30 anymore. It makes my motion sickness worse. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Anything above 60fps

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

Can't really tell anything above 30. I run 3 144Hz Monitors and can comfortably push 200fps on most games. But when I use my 30HZ panel, I do not notice the difference.

Can't really tell anything above 30. I run 3 144Hz Monitors and can comfortably push 200fps on most games. But when I use my 30HZ panel, I do not notice the difference.

Then why did you get 144hrz

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

no option for 45fps so floored to 40fps...

as long as it's not a stuttery hell or a slideshow, I can tolerate it... 120fps is still but a dream for me...

-snip-

-snip-

Troll detected

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

Obviously, the more the better but depending on the type of game and type of monitor, I can tolerate as low as 30.   Most hardcore multiplayer games like Fighting, Racing, and FPS games need at least 60fps or else I'll feel I'm put in a serious disadvantage.  I'll even let these games run at uncapped framerates; higher than the monitor even supports,  just for the sake of removing the input lag caused by frame buffering.  I will prioritize framerate above all else and will gladly run the game on it's lowest settings with tons of screen tearing to maximize the framerate.

With more casual, cinematic games like Skyrim, Tomb Raider, and Witcher 3, 30fps is acceptable.  In these games, I prioritize graphics and eye candy over framerate and because the gameplay is more relaxed, some input lag is easily workable.  I'll also typically cap off the framerate for vsync and use framebuffers to keep the framerate from deviating from 30fps.  I do consider 30fps my absolute bare minimum though and if I am playing on it, it needs to be a rock steady framerate.  A fluctuation of +/-5fps can make the gameplay appear extremely choppy and unplayable..  At 60fps average, fluctuation is less detrimental to gameplay (unless you're using vsync and in that case, it destroys gameplay) and I've never personally used a 144hz panel so I can't comment on framerate fluctuation at higher than 60fps framerates.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Aight my frent, will not discuss this any further :)

30 = playable

60 = enjoyable

120 = preferred

Too bad I only have a 60 Hz monitor so I'm stuck with 60 FPS. :)

Aight my frent, will not discuss this any further :)

im with him man...3d in some games is  sick as hell. 

One of my my most memorable moments I was playing dishonored in 3d and was on a rooftop, for whatever reason I wanted a better view of things and decided to walk up to the roof edge. Upon doing so I looked down, and actually "seeing" the drop and height I was off the ground, I got that sinking feeling of unease in my gut (I don't have a fear of heights rl) it simply didnt feel safe to me from an instinctual level and without even thinking of it I immediately pressed "S" to backpedal a bit away from the edge. It was extremely cool and its a feeling no game has ever given me before.

EVen just in general though I find game worlds so much nicer to look at in 3d...and I frequently find myself stopping and looking at things in extreme detail (in dishonored I was looking at alot of paintings and the texture work on the canvas for some reason) and can easily find myself losing a few minutes looking at what I wouldnt pay any attention to if I was playing without 3d..its weird lol but I love it I wish more games had great 3d vision support.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I usually run 144, but I am willing to accept 40/50 as they are playable and not horribly distracting if I'm having fun.

Since my PC is kind of crap, I'll take 40-50, I rarely get 60 unless I turn settings down xD.

I don't know how people can take 30, it may be consistent but it isn't smooth at all.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

80+ average, im happy with 40 in arma

minimum 62, good with 30 in arma

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would like my games to be 144 fps, but since my rig can't handle that on pretty settings I aim for a minimal of 60 and an average of 70/80 with modern games.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W