Who here uses Nvidia 3D Vision 1/2?

So, I've owned the 3D vision 2 set for a year and a half now. I love it, play all my games in 3D. I'm really worried about Nvidia dropping it but they do seem to still update the 3D drivers. How many of you use Nvidia 3D Vision 1 or 2?

blackshades on

You play all your games in 3D?? Woah, it hurts my eyes by just looking at it  :huh:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I've been wanting to try them out, probably not use them for anything serious like TF2 or anything though.

When I tried the blue and red glasses, it sempt neat though.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I still feel that it's a massive niche market, sort of like hairworks, and PhysX.

Some people enjoy it, other don't.

You play all your games in 3D?? Woah, it hurts my eyes by just looking at it  :huh:

Yup, I use it all the time. My eyes started hurting after 8 hours of constant gameplay then I took a break for 24 hours.

blackshades on

I've been wanting to try them out, probably not use them for anything serious like TF2 or anything though.

When I tried the blue and red glasses, it sempt neat though.

I play CSGO with it, pretty decent too haha.

blackshades on

I still feel that it's a massive niche market, sort of like hairworks, and PhysX.

Some people enjoy it, other don't.

Yup, I mean I think a whole lot more people would like it if they tried it. Most modern games work, I literally can't play without 3D now.

blackshades on

Used it first on the laptop when It was with the 675m. It was amazing. If you're going for immersion then nothing beats that. Sadly most people feel sick with it. And kids can't really use it that much because their eyes are still developing and may cause some problems. But seriously if they could make the frame of the glasses a little bit thinner that would be great.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

On a side note its also not for the low end machines. 3D is an FPS killer.

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

I use 3D Vision 2 in surround or single screen. People who have dismissed 3D don't seem to realise how far it's been updated since 2009.

Like seriously, even 2D converted videos look really great (I watch all my modern family and Silicon Valley in 3D) and the depth is amazing, even things ordered on bookshelves have correct depth.

3D movies are second to none, but having to rip blu rays is tedious, since 50GB of storage over movie, so I only have a few.

I don't game much, but 99.9% of the time it's in 3D, both Dirt 3 and Hitman Absolution look gorgeous in 3D Surround (Hitman is good in 3D Portrait Surround is also a novel experience).

In some Wii games on Dolphin I will also convert to 3D, but not all have great support.

Am looking forward to GTA V when I have time.

Yup, I mean I think a whole lot more people would like it if they tried it. Most modern games work, I literally can't play without 3D now.

The problem I see with it is that you need special hardware to use it. Monitor with at least 120+ Hz, the glasses and stuff like that. So if you have a 144Hz monitor and are using the 3D Vision, then your refresh rate becomes halved.

I find it way too demanding for what it is. Might be okay for movies, but I wouldn't use it for games.

I use 3D Vision 2 in surround or single screen. People who have dismissed 3D don't seem to realise how far it's been updated since 2009.

Like seriously, even 2D converted videos look really great (I watch all my modern family and Silicon Valley in 3D) and the depth is amazing, even things ordered on bookshelves have correct depth.

3D movies are second to none, but having to rip blu rays is tedious, since 50GB of storage over movie, so I only have a few.

I don't game much, but 99.9% of the time it's in 3D, both Dirt 3 and Hitman Absolution look gorgeous in 3D Surround (Hitman is good in 3D Portrait Surround is also a novel experience).

In some Wii games on Dolphin I will also convert to 3D, but not all have great support.

Am looking forward to GTA V when I have time.

interesting, i didn't know it waas still being updated... i'l get the monitor and glasses from the attic soon and just start playing around with them

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

i have 3D v2 on my laptop, not many games have good looking 3D which is sad but i am waiting for Trine 3 to be out to play that with 3D, Trine 2 was epic in 3D probably the best 3D game ever.

The problem I see with it is that you need special hardware to use it. Monitor with at least 120+ Hz, the glasses and stuff like that. So if you have a 144Hz monitor and are using the 3D Vision, then your refresh rate becomes halved.

I find it way too demanding for what it is. Might be okay for movies, but I wouldn't use it for games.

Most modern monitors are 120hz+, the glasses and such do cost a lot but it's just like running a 1440p monitor. 

blackshades on

i have 3D v2 on my laptop, not many games have good looking 3D which is sad but i am waiting for Trine 3 to be out to play that with 3D, Trine 2 was epic in 3D probably the best 3D game ever.

Check out helix mod. He fixes a lot of 3D issues. Just takes some tinkering.

blackshades on

Currently, talking with Nvidia. Hopefully they can tell me if they plan on  dropping support any time soon.

EDIT: Correct, they don't plan on dropping it.

blackshades on

Check out helix mod. He fixes a lot of 3D issues. Just takes some tinkering.

thanks, i will dust off my glasses and give that a try.

thanks, i will dust off my glasses and give that a try.

Usually just search "gametitle helix mod"

blackshades on

While I like 3D I have never gotten a monitor that supports it.  I do have my Samsung 3D 1080p 51" tv though so would the kit work with that?  It isn't passive 3D.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The 3D experience is worth it if people can run it and if they can handle it. Makes games like Skyrim more immersive, horror games much scarier, makes movies pop and come to life. Its like you can actually touch the thing on your screen. But yeah niche market. But by far a good purchase.

The 3D experience is worth it if people can run it and if they can handle it. Makes games like Skyrim more immersive, horror games much scarier, makes movies pop and come to life. Its like you can actually touch the thing on your screen. But yeah niche market. But by far a good purchase.

Agreed, if you get the game to work it's so worth it. Currently playing borderlands 2 + orcs must die 2 in 3D. I've played many others, GRID2 and Dirt 3 are great.

blackshades on

Most modern monitors are 120hz+, the glasses and such do cost a lot but it's just like running a 1440p monitor. 

The only problem I see for myself is that there are no IPS monitors that compatible with 3D Vision.

I don't know if I can ever go back to using a TN panel, no matter good they have become as of late.

PS. Please use the multiquote feature.

The only problem I see for myself is that there are no IPS monitors that compatible with 3D Vision.

I don't know if I can ever go back to using a TN panel, no matter good they have become as of late.

I can't multiquote posts that are posted after my quotes. There actually are some 3D vision IPS monitors and 1440p ips 3D monitors.

blackshades on

I've been wondering about that as well. I dont really mind 4-5ms delay but is it that hard to come up with a 3d ips? We may find out soon because there are these new ips 144hz models coming out. Maybe there is not enough of a market? Who knows.....

There actually are some 3D vision IPS monitors and 1440p ips 3D monitors.

Names? Links? The only thing holding me back from buying ips monitors is that they had low refresh rates (which is now solved) and they had no 3D support. Man if that new asus 34 inch supported 3D i dont know what I would do with that!