Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will supposedly get USB-C port

Add Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 to the list of rumored devices that may pack a USB-C port. A new report out of China claims the upcoming phablet will adopt the reversible charging port along with a few other upgraded specs.

Beyond its new USB connector, the Galaxy Note 5 is expected to offer an upgraded processor and more storage. According to Zol.com and its inside sources, the device will pack a new Exynos 7422 chip and super fast UFS 2.0 flash memory developed by Samsung earlier this year. The report also backs up earlier claims that the Note 5 will feature a 2K 5.89-inch display along with a 4100mAh battery.

Samsung won’t officially announce the Galaxy Note 5 until later this year (likely in September), but we already have a pretty good idea what to expect. We wouldn’t be surprised to see a design similar to the Galaxy S6 with plenty of metal and glass for a high-end look. We hope the company will still include wireless charging support, even if USB-C makes the cut as well.

Source:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/06/11/galaxy-note-5-to-feature-usb-c-charging-rumor-says/

----------------------------------------

I am not a Samsung user but... Neato! All upcoming phones should get USB-C imo, especially the faster transfer speeds are nice...

But.. But I thought the EU wanted universal plugs (AKA: Micro USB)? 

Wonder what this will do, will they accept or nah? Would be cool if they accepted

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Samsung fans can now bask in the glory of reversible connectors. They're a god send.

nice. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

But.. But I thought the EU wanted universal plugs (AKA: Micro USB B) ? 

Wonder what this will do, will they accept or nah? Would be cool if they accepted

Well we can't stick to Micro USB forever.

Just let them change the universal to USB-C :P it's bound to happen

My contract ends in October. Then its Note 5 time for me :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

My contract ends in October. Then its Note 5 time for me :-)

Good idea :P that huge battery... Want....

Funnily enough I think Sony just made the claim that a USB Type-C standard on smartphones is quite some time away, and we have this. Exciting.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Good idea [emoji14] that huge battery... Want....

That and the display, is the reason why i buy the Note series.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Good, this is literally the only thing that i really wanted to get the type C connector on. Who gives a shit if its on a motherboard, i just want a small form factor connector with high transfer rates. The USB3 micro connector was horrible, and thank god everyone dropped it to go back to USB2's.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

That and the display, is the reason why i buy the Note series.

Definitely agree. Note 4 display is great and the huge battery + quick charge is awesome. Hopefully this report is true and they stay with a 2k display. Ive heard rumors of a 4k display on the Note 5 and that is just a stupid idea. Who needs a 6 inch 4k screen...pointless.

But.. But I thought the EU wanted universal plugs (AKA: Micro USB B) ? 

usb type c is a standardized connector 

Neat.

But.. But I thought the EU wanted universal plugs (AKA: Micro USB)? 

USB  C is standardized and universal, and is designed to replace USB in the long term

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii