Is it good to run open system?

Crozacx

Since I am waiting for a case which could potentially arrive in several weeks, I am wondering. Should I run an open system for now? I'm just afraid of dust build up.

well if you have no cats, dog, or other creatures that like to fiddle with things i think it would be fine

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Sure, that would be possible. Dust does no more harm than being annoying to deal with in that short period of time. Just blow over your parts when you put them in your case.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Since I am waiting for a case which could potentially arrive in several weeks, I am wondering. Should I run an open system for now? I'm just afraid of dust build up.

It's fine, if u don't scream a lot, because u can accidently spit on the mobo and shroten it.

Also, if u have some cats, they can damage your system.

its fine

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You'll have dust in even the best closed case, so no need to worry. Just use a compressor or canned air to blow it off every once in a while.

It's fine, if u don't scream a lot, because u can accidently spit on the mobo and shroten it.

Also, if u have some cats, they can damage your system.

I have to make sure my brother stays away from it since he never closes his nose and mouth while sneezing

I have to make sure my brother stays away from it since he never closes his nose and mouth while sneezing

My friend actually never closes his case. He also has some fridge magnets inside (away from hdds and mobo ofc), fan controllers and some other usefull stuf. U can store something inside just like that.

I run my server as an open system usually. Hasn't given me any problems and it's nice to be able to reach in an tweak things or give it a quick clean :)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

So long as pets or kids don't get at it it'll be fine... For dust, as said, compressed air is good or a dry paint brush / flick with a cloth works too (when off, don't handle it when powered). Possibly worth setting a desk fan to move air over it too.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I had a open server PC for a couple of months, Until i bought a case for it and gave it to my dad.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I ran my PC on an open LEGO testbench for about a month, temps were great but I moved it back to my case for less HDD noise and safety. It's completely fine to run your system caseless for a little while though.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~