Small form factor PSU

Syh

I'm doing a build inside a Node 304 atm and I was wondering if anybody has any PSU recommendations. I have a CX600m inside there right now and I had to remove the PSU bracket and use velcro to hold it in place as it wouldn't fit otherwise.

I'm considering a Silverstone SX600-G but I'm not really sure if there's any other alternatives on-par or better. So, does anyone have any suggestions? They'd be much appreciated. :)

Just visited Fractal's website of the Node 304 and it says that the case supports ATX PSUs of upto 160mm in length. A bit confused now as to why you're having issues with your PSU :wacko:.

You can't use a sfx powersupply. And I don't see what the issue would be. You should have enough clearance. 

Just visited Fractal's website of the Node 304 and it says that the case supports ATX PSUs of upto 160mm in length. A bit confused now as to why you're having issues with your PSU :wacko:.

The cables stick out of it enough that I had to remove the bracket and move it back (with Velcro to keep it in place). Yeah, I've made it fit, but I'm just considering a smaller one to make it cleaner and not be so up against the GPU (G1 Gaming 970).

I mean, it is fine as it is, but I don't mind throwing a bit of extra money at it to make it cleaner. :)

You can't use a sfx powersupply. And I don't see what the issue would be. You should have enough clearance. 

The particular sfx powersupply I stated comes with an ATX-compatibility bracket supposedly so I was under the impression that I could? I wasn't sure if there was some other ones -- but if there wasn't, the Velcro I have seems to keep it on pretty tight so I'd be willing to use Velcro again to hold it in place.

I mean -- I don't need a sfx powersupply per se, 140mm ones or so suggestions would be much appreciated as well. :)

Silverstone also makes very short (like 130mm or less) atx psu's

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Silverstone also makes very short (like 130mm or less) atx psu's

Hmm, do you happen to know a model number for that? I found a few 140mm ones (like ST65F-G) but nothing smaller. :S

I'll keep looking though.

Silverstone

This is like the fifth time I've said this, all your posts are completely not helpful

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."