What were your top 5 most revolutionary video games of all time?

RagnarokDel

I'm going to go with mine personally.

Final Fantasy 7, as far as I know it was the first 3D rendered rpg game. It opened up a world of possibilities that had never been done before. It had a great story, amazing side activities and content pouring out of it. If it was released today, you'd have to pay 200$ worth of DLC with most publishers. :P

Minecraft: I used to play legos when I was young, I had the best time in the world, Minecraft feels like playing legos on steroids.

LoL: Before it released, I had played F2P games and always found that they were P2W. This is the game that proved to me that you can have a F2P model without P2W.

Darkfall: A lot of people dont know it and a lot of people who do dont like it but I absolutely loved it. This cuthroat MMORPG with FPS combat, Full loot, open-world without instances was great and probably ahead of it's time with massive fights including up to 200+ V 200+ players.  (I'd like to remind you the FPS mechanics mentionned before) 

Dayz/GTA series: I dont know which one to choose between those two. They both invented/popularized their own genre of games.

What are yours? :P

My vote goes toward Prince of Persia.

Mainly because those were my all time favorite games on the Xbox days.

Black Ops 2 , CoD Advanced Warfare, CoD Ghosts, Bad Rats, Watchdogs

/s

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

hmmm. BO2, BF4, Gran turismo and gta probably 

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

GTA went and destroyed the open world/sandbox genre. So many games utilize what Rockstar did. It also went to sell a shit-ton over all of their iterations. Dayz well, Dayz created the tiresome zombie open world genre where hackers seem to enjoy their time in.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

What's BO2?

COD black ops II it was the first shooter i've ever played

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Minesweeper

Solitaire

Hearts

Spider solitaire

Space pinball

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

For me personally, I find it a very interesting question. The below are experiences which - at the time - sort of changed my whole perspective towards gaming in general. They represent quantum leaps if you will.

Doom (PC).

Warcraft (PC).

Tomb Raider (PS1).

FF7 (PS1).

Counterstrike (PC).

Pretty much in that chronological order.

Halo (xbox)

Super Mario World (SNES)

The NHL Franchise (SNES-Xbox 360)

Roller Coaster Tycoon (PC)

Counter Strike GO (PC)

These are not the most revolutionary, but they are the games that were revolutionary to me, and the games that really got me into gaming and eventually led to my PC conversion. 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Mix of personal picks and classic revolutionary games that I have played.

Super Mario Bros.

- My first platformer, it was also set a standard. It's a classic.

Tomb Raider

- It popularized and defined a genre. Classic

Doom

- while not the first FPS, it was far more polished and interesting than what came before it. Classic

Warcraft

- Set a new standard for RTS, very well polished and fun to play. Classic

Wing Commander 3

- Multi million dollar budget (one of the first), engrossing game play, polygonal space combat, Mark Hamill, and multi CD (6) release. Classic/Personal pick.

NHL 99

- My first polygonal NHL game. I also played against a friend several times through direct dial up. Personal pick

Street Fighter 2

- Not a super fighting game fan, but this game paved the way for genre. There were so many versions of this game. Classic

Double Dragon

- One of the best and one of the first sidescrolling beat'em ups. Many newer games of the genre owe a debt to double dragon. Classic

Honourable Mention

Fallout

- Honestly not a revolutionary game per se, it's just the only rpg that I really liked.

Well, Mario on the NES basically saved the industry in it's time, so without it, nothing these days would basically exist.

Then there was Wolfenstein 3D, which AFAIK, was the first, or close to the first, 3D FPS

Quake 2 was the first game to be accelerated by dedicated hardware, AFAIK

Half Life pretty much started Valve, and by extension steam and pretty much every other valve game we know today.

and finally, Arma II's DayZ mod, which proved that people wanted open world, multiplayer zombie games.

1. the legend of zelda : a link to the past for snes

2. Assassins Creed - the ezio story line

3. AION

4. Counter strike source ( them zombie escape maps, like final fantasy and skyrim....awesome)

5. warcraft 3 (the "dota" mod)

MGS series

Shadow of colossus

Tomb raider (the last one)

Gran turismo

Tekken series

Wing Commander (the graphics, story and music)

Tie Fighter (its good to be bad)

Gran Turismo (I know not PC, shook up the race genre)

Time Splitters series (you unlock every character, difficulties affected the levels you played, weapons were amazing. days of game play)

*star citizen (showing PC gaming isn't dead, nor is space sims)

*I know, it's not out but its already changed a lot in the industry already

id say Crysis for its graphics and the first game that used multiple cpu cores

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If I had to choose five games, they'd probably be these:

Civilization

Doom

Wing Commander

Elite

SimCity

Hm... Prince of Persia, Age of Mythology, Syphon Filter, DMC and Alan Wake. But those are 5 most revolutionary for me personally since they changed a lot of things for me. Also I'm sure I forgot few, hence this list.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.