Razer blade 2015 or macbook pro 15" 2015

People say razer blade is better for gaming and macbook is better for creative stuff like video editing and whatever. what I don't understand is, I think the razer blade will do as good of performance in content creating compared to the macbook pro but people say the macbook is better. I know the read and right speed of the macbook is faster than the razer blade but then razer has a better graphics card that can play games and video edit quite well. Is the razer blade not good for video editing and after effects? or is the blade good but just the macbook is highly better than the blade? I'm asking cause if I were to pick and buy only one from the two and if the razer blade is good enough for a mobile workstation I would buy the Razer blade because it benefits from both gaming and content creating perspectives and the macbook is only in use of a mobile workstation and if the macbook isn't noticeably better than in performance than the razer blade. So I wanna know how the two differ in the performance in video editing , photoshop and after effects etc. And i would like to know what you guys would buy.

"mac is better for content"

you can use the razer and I would get it, 19 year old's appreciate the fact that mac is easy to add subtitles and other things, but if you're good you can learn that stuff on pc.

Also the razer would run faster thanks to cuda and a better cpu .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

its all going to come down to the software used "macs are better for creative stuff" stems from it being packed with some movie and photo editing stuff. (or used to be?) nothing more really. the hardware in the macbook is basicly the exact same you can get in a windows laptop. The OS itself doesnt have a factor on how well one edits things over the other...maybe it would if one was lighter weight and you had an old system but this is an irrelevant factor on a new machine.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

macbooks are ''got for creativity'' n stuff. because they are marketed as so :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

personally the only MBP that's worth is is the high end 15'' but the battery life is better on the non gpu model.

i say Mac because IMO apple has a superior mobile experience

razer has better GPU but the MAC has a better CPU+ iris pro 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

razer blade imo

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

i would buy a MSI notebook to be honest. seeing as one of the main things you plan to do is content creation you could look at the WS60? tough if you are looking for a more gaming oriented PC you could look at some of their GS models.

tough if i had to choose between a MBP and the razer blade, i'd definitely get the razer blade!

People say razer blade is better for gaming and macbook is better for creative stuff like video editing and whatever. what I don't understand is, I think the razer blade will do as good of performance in content creating compared to the macbook pro but people say the macbook is better. I know the read and right speed of the macbook is faster than the razer blade but then razer has a better graphics card that can play games and video edit quite well. Is the razer blade not good for video editing and after effects? or is the blade good but just the macbook is highly better than the blade? I'm asking cause if I were to pick and buy only one from the two and if the razer blade is good enough for a mobile workstation I would buy the Razer blade because it benefits from both gaming and content creating perspectives and the macbook is only in use of a mobile workstation and if the macbook isn't noticeably better than in performance than the razer blade. So I wanna know how the two differ in the performance in video editing , photoshop and after effects etc. And i would like to know what you guys would buy.

The only reason I would get the mac if it were my money is logic. It's my favourite DAW and an apple exclusive. But you're not into the recording/audio editing, mixing and all that, so I'd razer blade it up

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

depends on whats more important to you. OSX on the software side is simply just better for content creation. They have the right software,and the software thats on both, just works better and more seamless on macs. 

if you really want to game, youd have to go blade. I would go macbook though, as I would keep my work+gaming separate. it would be to distracting to know i can throw up any game at any time

OS X is much better in overall experience and using the system. (Also the unboxing experience is far more superior from Apple)

I have both, Mac for school stuff, surfing on the internet, occasional gaming, while on move. It is much more comfortable since I have also an iPad and iPhone, whatever I do, it is always synced between these devices and it is crucial for me to keep it that way. Trackpad on Mac is pure joy, I'd always hated other touchpads on Windows PCs and then I found out, that there is one company, which can satisfy my needs - Apple.

On PC I mostly game.

It will come down to this - if you want to game a lot in free time, than Mac is not for you. Razer Blade has better performing HW.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

The razer has better hardware. Some people say the macbook is worth it for the software, I call bs. You can do everything you do on osx just as well on windows (or linux if the software you use is compatible). Sure, the os is somewhat more stable, but it's nowhere near as much better to justify the purchase of the macbook. Of course, games are also a no go on macbooks unless you only play a couple of games that where miraculously ported to osx.

That said, if you don't mind a little extra weight, I'd highly recommend a lenovo thinkpad W series laptop. Those bad boys come with quadros, which are very good for content creation and rendering, and are usually a bit cheaper.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sauron your bias is showing....

As for he OP.   

When purchasing a computer you should always consider the following issues and rank their importance for your personal needs.  

Primary use

Secondary use.  

User Experience.  

Portability needs.  

Needed features

Desired Features

I use my laptop for work.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I am often disconnected from the wall and I prefer Mac OS to windows.   So for me a macbook air or 13" Macbook Pro are the best options.   I recently replaced my Air with a Pro for the increased performance and much better screen but both worked.   

If I was going to be doing more gaming I would have to consider the 15inch with discrete GPU or a windows machine like the Razerblade.   However to ME that just isn't important.   But everyone's needs are not the same.  

Now as for gaming.  This also depends a lot on what games you play.    

In my case most of the games I play are actually also available on MAC OS.   Warthunder, WOW, Witcher, etc.   In fact out of the 120 or so games in my steam Library, I believe over half of them are Mac OSX compatible.   That being said the experience with games is not always as good.   But that is why I have a $5,000 custom built gaming machine at home.   

The TL/DR of it is, sit down and write out what is most important to you.  Then use that to make the decision.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I have to admit I came in here to make the, "Well if you ask the people on this forum they are all going to say the Blade because every one on here seems to hate Apple and Mac." post. But I have to say I was happily surprised to see that people were actually considering the Mac  and making comparisons. Good job LTT. 

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Razer Blade imo, although I've always wanted to try out Logic Pro, however I think I'll just stick to my FL.

Anyone here at the LinusTechTips forums would probably say Razer Blade 2015.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

depends on whats more important to you. OSX on the software side is simply just better for content creation. They have the right software,and the software thats on both, just works better and more seamless on macs. 

if you really want to game, youd have to go blade. I would go macbook though, as I would keep my work+gaming separate. it would be to distracting to know i can throw up any game at any time

Honestly that's why I can justify buying a decent rMBP 15" (w/o dGPU) and a PS4 because even though I could build a pretty good PC for the same price I feel that I'd be tempted to play games knowing that I could easily stop doing something I needed to do. Even though there would still be potential distractions at least there's one less dimension. 

@noideaforusername Like others said above, what OS do you like better?  Windows 10 or OS X El Capitan (The reason for the upcoming versions is because they're coming out soon and since they're both Free you'll probably update to them or they'll come pre-installed with their respective new version.)

From what you want OS X will give you exactly that, of course the argument can be made that so can Windows. So can Linux (to some degree or at least with alternatives) 

@Sauron Sure Windows can do everything a Mac can and maybe even more. Though like I said prior the ability to do that can come as a temptation, which for some isn't a problem. For some they might end up getting to far into something then forget that they needed to do something. Or perhaps for some they voluntarily or involuntarily choose to procrastinate. OS X Yosemite and El Capitan is/seems more refined than Windows 8.1 and 10 which can be a contributing factor to how one purchases.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

razerblade al the way

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

OS X Yosemite and El Capitan is/seems more refined than Windows 8.1 and 10 which can be a contributing factor to how one purchases.

hard to say considering neither el capitan or windows 10 are even out yet... and it still wouldn't make as much of a difference as better hardware would.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hard to say considering neither el capitan or windows 10 are even out yet... and it still wouldn't make as much of a difference as better hardware would.

El Capitan is basically Yosemite. Windows 10 is Windows 7 with influence from Windows 8.1 and a little more. I guess either isn't a bad thing but meh W10 does somethings that make me sort of not like it. (Like the placement of the search bar).

El Capitan is basically Yosemite. Windows 10 is Windows 7 with influence from Windows 8.1 and a little more. I guess either isn't a bad thing but meh W10 does somethings that make me sort of not like it. (Like the placement of the search bar).

the placement of the search bar is hardly a metric by which to judge and operating system... and win10 is much closer to windows 8 than it is to 7. Which is a good thing, the only bad thing about windows 8 compared to 7 was the interface. Almost everything else is superior.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

while i love my macbook pro, but if your gonna do heavy gaming, dont bother unless you willing to go external gpu...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

the placement of the search bar is hardly a metric by which to judge and operating system... and win10 is much closer to windows 8 than it is to 7. Which is a good thing, the only bad thing about windows 8 compared to 7 was the interface. Almost everything else is superior.

Sure.