Adding an extra HDMI port for iGPU?

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

PSA: this is an TL;DR friendly post!

I'm planning out a budget build for my mom. She will read e-mails, sort out photo's, browse the internet, that kind of stuff.

I was thinking on getting the Intel Celeron G1820. Dual core is enough, it has integrated graphics and supports multiple displays, which she wants.

But, there's a problem. For motherboard, I wanted to go with the Asrock H81M-HDS. For a simple reason: it's cheap as s***.  But I saw that it only has one HDMI port, so I continued searching. Every motherboard with an extra HDMI/Display- Port, costs at least the double.

I could get a normal GPU, but silence is important, and Intel HD Graphics are pretty good for multimedia use.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Can I add a second HDMI/Display- Port to an iGPU, cause getting a normal GPU won't really go good.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

why do you need another HDMI port?

Also that card above has the same problem, you'll be using one port as the IGPU will be disabled

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

Go with something like the R7 250 fanless, or gtx 750 and just run the fan at the lowest speed possible.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Also that card above has the same problem, you'll be using one port as the IGPU will be disabled

he wants to run 2  displays on the IGPU.. thats why he needs 2 HDMI

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

Just buy a dirt cheap graphics card with a port or two on the back and call it a day.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Or just any of these GPUs should do. most are below $50, and will give you multiple ports and are fanless meaning silent(unless you happen to get one with coil whine, but thats unlikely)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=fanless+GPU&N=-1&isNodeId=1 

Will take a look at it, thanks!

But the cheap motherboard doesn't have DP, so that collides with Daisy Chaining :P

TL;DR! :P

Can you actually use a GPU and iGPU at the same time? And can you still do the extended/duplicate thingies?

Go with something like the R7 250 fanless, or gtx 750 and just run the fan at the lowest speed possible.

GTX might be overkill, but will take a look at some cheap graphics cards!

Just buy a dirt cheap graphics card with a port or two on the back and call it a day.

Will look!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Will take a look at it, thanks!

Can you actually use a GPU and iGPU at the same time? And can you still do the extended/duplicate thingies?

YW. Passive GPUs are honestly a great idea. If you have a spare GPU laying around, you can always do a mod for it so that it has a CPU heatsink on it, which is enough to cool it passively if it's efficiently powered (nVidia *cough*).

Yes, you can. Nearly all BIOSes nowadays have this functionality built in. I know mine does, but I CBA to sort out the drivers.

get intel NUC?

some have 2 DP or 1 hdmi and 1 DP

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

YW. Passive GPUs are honestly a great idea. If you have a spare GPU laying around, you can always do a mod for it so that it has a CPU heatsink on it, which is enough to cool it passively if it's efficiently powered (nVidia *cough*).

Yes, you can. Nearly all BIOSes nowadays have this functionality built in. I know mine does, but I CBA to sort out the drivers.

Especially for silence/low power draw builds, I always go with Nvidia.

Do I need to mod an heatsink to it especially? The most load this thing will experience is MAYBE photoshop :P.

get intel NUC?

some have 2 DP or 1 hdmi and 1 DP

I lost all faith after the flop people call Mac Mini :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

Especially for silence/low power draw builds, I always go with Nvidia.

Do I need to mod an heatsink to it especially? The most load this thing will experience is MAYBE photoshop :P.

zotac zbox?

imo it's enough for what your mom needs

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Just get a DVI-D to HDMI cable. :) Or do you need more than 2 displays?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

-Snip-

Well, it's a micro ATX :P

It may become a little uncomfy :P

Just get a DVI-D to HDMI cable. :) Or do you need more than 2 displays?

2 displays should be enough. Will there be a difference visible?

Basic guide to CPU's!

Well, it's a micro ATX :P

It may become a little uncomfy :P

2 displays should be enough. Will there be a difference visible?

I don't think so, but I think that because the signal is digital, it either works, or it doesn't at all.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7