AMD Radeon R9 Fury OpenCL benchmarks leak, 64 CUs confirmed

Bouzoo

First benchmarks are here. They may not be pure in game, but they are benchmarks that tell us about raw synthetic performance. We can see that it beats Titan X in some, but fails in others. Also 4096 Stream Cores are somewhat confirmed since it has 64 compute units (if every CU should carry 64 Cores). Even if it turns out not to be named Fury, we can clearly see that it's the new Fiji HBM card (not the 390X rebrand).

While OpenCL might not be the best API to test gaming scenarios, it does tell us a lot about raw synthetic performance.

This is in fact, the first leaked test performed with Radeon Fury, we do not know how optimized are the drivers, and whether we should expect better performance with official version of the drivers.

CompuBench confirms Fiji has 64 Compute Units, meaning 4096 Stream Cores are slowly shaping into the truth. If the architecture remained unchanged, each Compute Unit should carry 64 Cores, which should give us 4096 Stream Cores in total. So in other words, this would confirm a very old Sisoft Sandra leak.

AMD-Fiji-Ocean-Surface-Simulation.png

AMD-Fiji-TVL1-Optical-Flow.png

AMD-Fiji-Face-Detection.png

AMD-Fiji-Particle-Simulation-64k.png

AMF-Fiji-benchmark-Compute.png

AMD-Fiji-benchmark-.png

AMD-Fiji-information.png

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I wish I knew what half of these numbers meant! :D

Its all irrelevant till they benchmark it on games.

This..

A synthetic openCL test is best case scenario for AMD

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Who is NVIDIA Ashley?

Apparently the 780ti was listed as nVidia Ashley in OSX system misinformation. 

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

something something not confirmed until some has it in their hands and does an x-ray of the die something

It's not completely irrelevant. From what I see this beats the 295x2 meaning that it will be on the same level of performance as the 980ti

-------

Current Rig

-------

Uhh, quick question prof, why is the 280X beating the 290X in the first set of graphs?

ah..ah...ah...#Science!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Uhh, quick question prof, why is the 280X beating the 290X in the first set of graphs?

ah..ah...ah...#Science!

280X is from Asus and the 290X is a reference  card so maybe some stupid overclock and whatnot? Yeah, even then It shouldn't be faster but maybe...?

Cool, still sucks mostly everything is a re-brand.

Except it doesn't. 2xx Series cards with a little polish are easily on par with any nvidia maxwell cards thats not a 980 TI or titan x tier cards. AMD put the limited R&D budget they had into matching the only area they REALLY needed a boost in, which would be the extremely high end. 

In a world where money was no object we would get new cards every generation. Unfortunately that world doesn't exist for AMD right now, and honestly they dont have to do much to compete currently. I'm not sure why everyone is so butthurt about rebrand when a $299.99 USD 290x will land withing 5-7 fps of a $499.99(an up until recently $549.99) GTX 980 on any high end benchmark. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Except it doesn't. 2xx Series cards with a little polish are easily on par with any nvidia maxwell cards thats not a 980 TI or titan x tier cards. AMD put the limited R&D budget they had into matching the only area they REALLY needed a boost in, which would be the extremely high end. 

In a world where money was no object we would get new cards every generation. Unfortunately that world doesn't exist for AMD right now, and honestly they dont have to do much to compete currently. I'm not sure why everyone is so butthurt about rebrand when a $299.99 USD 290x will land withing 5-7 fps of a $499.99(an up until recently $549.99) GTX 980 on any high end benchmark. 

It's old tech, non-efficient with low-budget features. That's how I see it.

blackshades on

That really depends on the game and res.

Those Benchmarks are interesting. Most of the games show AMD's single GPU frame pace in more even than nVidia's. I never new that.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

It's old tech, non-efficient with low-budget features. That's how I see it.

Low-budget features makes me giggle, i'll not even address that. Inefficient? All while everyone flips thar shit over the 980 TI that uses 10watts more under load then the 290x and runs at a nice toasty ~80-85 degrees under load. All while we have non-referance 290x cards running at 66-70 degrees with ~5-6 dB more sound.

oh..oh wait you're gonna tell me its ok because it outperforms a 290x? s...so you're saying pure raw performance is what is important? omg how earth shattering.

Even if there are a small group of people who care about power consumption and exactly how hot the cards i'll stick to my arguement that on almost every level (budget to enthusiast) the thing that matters to a majority of the people a majority of the time is pure.raw.performance.

Aside from some outliers (bioshock mostly) the 290x is generally less than 10fps behind in basically everything. I feel my point more than still stands. In general the pure value of a 290x is light years beyond the 980

67706.png

67720.png

67724.png

67734.png

67716.png

And the value of the 290x only gets better as the resolution goes up. Even in random outlier games where the 980 performs much better like Bioshock infinite the 290x from a pure value standpoint wrecks everything the 980. I can do the numbers with the 970 as well (which though much more competitive still looses to the 290x from a value standpoint)

EDIT: this math was done assuming GTX980 @ $499.00 USD and R9 290x  @ $299.00 USD

How big is the die if it has 4096 stream processors?
The GPU has to be huge which is not a good thing.

RTX2070OC 

How big is the die if it has 4096 stream processors?

The GPU has to be huge which is not a good thing.

We've seen pictures of the die and renders of the PCB....it's quite a small card

EDIT: assuming the renders are not some buuuuuuuuuuuuuullmess

fancy math stuff

you and your fancy math.

how can AMD be good if it's not Nvidia, think about it.

cant wait to see the benchmarks of the FURY

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

you and your fancy math.

how can AMD be good if it's not Nvidia, think about it.

cant wait to see the benchmarks of the FURY

Oh...i'm sorry..i.....i..didn't even consider that...how silly of me.

I'm also pretty excited for the FURY. AMD has some cash dollars with thar names on it (potentially). Dont let me down!

because having to sell a card with a chip like hawaii for 200 something dollars hurts their margins. in turn hurting their RD budget. yes they compete on performance, but when a GM204 costs 60$ on a BoM (making this up of course) and a Hawaii one costs 100$ on cards costing the same, its hard to maintain your business. and thats not even mentioning GM204 is a 256b design and Hawaii is 512bit, adding that much more complication to board design, in turn, more costs

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

because having to sell a card with a chip like hawaii for 200 something dollars hurts their margins. in turn hurting their RD budget. yes they compete on performance, but when a GM204 costs 60$ on a BoM (making this up of course) and a Hawaii one costs 100$ on cards costing the same, its hard to maintain your business. and thats not even mentioning GM204 is a 256b design and Hawaii is 512bit, adding that much more complication to board design, in turn, more costs

True enough. But that's business. I'm talking pure outright performance. Arguing that AMD is doing better than Nvidia in a business sense is..well..not even an argument. 

Regardless of how bad of a business decision on AMDs part it is the consumer is getting an extremely good value (comparing a 980 with a 290x that is) and yet everyone's screaming foul as if these rebrands are the worst thing that's happened ever.

From a purely business standpoint the rebrands with the new Fiji cards coming in the high end is one of the best decision amd has made in a while.

Aww yeah bitches AMD gonna drop that shit again like fuck your fancy efficiency and whatnot GIB MEH 95°C CARD THAT REKTS MY PSU PLS 

And here am i sitting with a first batch, faulty memory, second hand, mining tortured, reference pcb 290 that runs gta 5 at 60fps 1200p very high-ultra 

GIVE ME THAT FURY THING ALREA--

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.j

From a purely business standpoint the rebrands with the new Fiji cards coming in the high end is one of the best decision amd has made in a while.

IF they price them accordingly. if they just keep the 390x the same price as a 290x on launch then no. if they price it at 250$ then yeah. but they wont drop it that low. not a chance in hell

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]