Will we see Half-Life 3 at E3?

Megatron

With Steam Machines and VR coming out later this year and Valve making an appearance at this years show  coupled with the HL3 logo leak on their main site..do you think this will be the year HL3 finally get shown?

I want Half-Life 2 Episode 3 over Half-Life 3. :ph34r:

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Valve would be foolish to ever release HL3, because no matter what, it won't live up to the hype.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yes I think we will see HL3 at E3. Maybe E3 2050 :/

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

We will never see HF3 since no one would be happy with it, even if it would be the most realistic, best storyline having,highest physx animations game ever

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Valve would be foolish to ever release HL3, because no matter what, it won't live up to the hype.

But money? 

Valve have been complete twa*s lately! And like any company, they have a heavy profit motive.

But money? 

Valve have been complete twa*s lately! And like any company, they have a heavy profit motive.

Doesn't matter if they've been twats or not, it's likely to be a flop after the first week of sales as everyone is disappointed in it. Valve make more than enough money from their 30% and the likes of CSGO and Dota that they really don't need to release HL3.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Doesn't matter if they've been twats or not, it's likely to be a flop after the first week of sales as everyone is disappointed in it. Valve make more than enough money from their 30% and the likes of CSGO and Dota that they really don't need to release HL3.

But who cares, and no it wouldn't flop, it'd just not meet the hype.

Always more money to be made...

Maybe they'll transfer the hype into a new game.

Wait they leaked the HL3 logo on their site? I wanna see this.

They're working on hardware right now, and that's all I expect them to do for a while. I genuinely doubt there will be any sort of video game released by Valve for quite some time

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Half Life 4 Confirmed, no HL3 Tho

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Volvo will not release another HL. They don't think it's worth trying to live up to the hype and online games bring much more profits.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But who cares, and no it wouldn't flop, it'd just not meet the hype.

Always more money to be made...

Maybe they'll transfer the hype into a new game.

And if it doesn't meet the hype, people will feel let down by valve. If they're let down, they will demand refunds ( convenient that they've just introduced them) or just not buy it. There may be money to be made, but not by releasing it. They're better off teasing it and never releasing it, thus keeping themselves "relevant" and maintaining traffic than releasing it, loosing lots of support and dis affecting potential customers from their other software.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

And if it doesn't meet the hype, people will feel let down by valve. If they're let down, they will demand refunds ( convenient that they've just introduced them) or just not buy it. There may be money to be made, but not by releasing it. They're better off teasing it and never releasing it, thus keeping themselves "relevant" and maintaining traffic than releasing it, loosing lots of support and dis affecting potential customers from their other software.

Fair point.

It just seems like it could easily meet the hype if enough effort was put in.

Look at GTA V , 98/100 and the hype was mental.

(Also lots of youngsters/ COD squeekers, have no clue what Half Life is) I'd argue the GTA V hype was larger to be honest, although I may now have started a flame war. 

Well like you say people buy COD in record numbers even though it's basically the same game year after year...if HL3 is even a moderate upgrade over HL2 then most people will be happy...if anything to get the story over with or moved on.

Sure it will be at E3, just not this year's one :D

To not dissapoint the game could be out for VR headsets when they reach 3rd or 4th generation.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

no stop trying to make this happen

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

21st post in this thread. 2+1=3 half life 3 confirmed!!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Here's the thing, Half Life 2 Ep. 2 concluded with a cliff hanger. The story needs to continue (hopefully) and I'm willing to bet it'll come out soon since the Xbone/PS4 is probably more than fast enough to run a newer engine they'll probably make. Who knows... I am sick and tired of Valve releasing newer games with the same old ass engine for what... 11 years or so?

We won't see anything new on source engine. It's done.

Anything new will be on source 2. But God knows when they will release another game. The only new content built for source 2 which they have shown publicly was a VR demo and we only have shaky cam footage.

We don't really know much about this engine technically apart from the fact that it supports vulkan, has a new inhouse physics system called rubikon replacing havok, and that it will have a easier to use toolset.

Valve seems to be much more interested in backend stuff these days than in new game development. They did a lot of work on vulkan, they have made debuggers for openGL and Vulkan. They keep adding features to steam etc...

The thing is we see ourselves as customers of valve. And we want new games. But how does valve see themselves now? Valve probably now sees other game developers as their most important customers. As Gabe himself admitted they make their money on steam. Keeping steam strong, keeping their game developer partners happy and promoting PC gaming is what valve probably sees as the most important thing for their business model. Not making games... They support their existing games well but do not seem interested in new game development, and despite having so much talent they have no financial incentive to do so. Making a big AAA game is a massive amount of work.

well bad news for all! valve won't be at E3 this year!!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/06/08/valve-wont-be-at-e3-this-year/

Half-Life 3 is not confirmed. De-confirmed. What is confirmed, however, is that Valve won’t have a presence at E3 this year.

When it comes to Valve and the real world, of course, people aren’t focusing on Half-Life 3, because we’ve all kind of accepted that it’s not coming. Much more real and closer on the horizon, though, is Valve’s partnership with HTC and the duo’s Vive VR headset – their answer to the Oculus Rift and Sony Morpheus. GamesBeat reports that some of its partners may have Vive units on hand for demonstrations, but that development kits haven’t been out long enough for any developers to have content ready to show off on them.

The fact is that, at this point, Valve is big enough and entrenched enough that if they want to make an announcement, they can do it through Steam and ensure more people will see it there than any potential audience shows like E3 and Gamescom might reach. They might indeed show up at an E3 in the future, but it’s not a necessity for them the way it might be for some other games and game developers.

We can keep wishing for Half-Life 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, and Left 4 Dead 3, though. Doesn’t hurt.

seriously i dont give a crap about VR!! work on damn games not gimmicks!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

coupled with the HL3 logo leak on their main site..

what?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii