Google is facing more antitrust complaints regarding Android

Bouzoo

Objectively, blocking adds is scum. Because your denying people money. Subjectively, adds are going too far. Can't argue with that.

Also, I don't force my ideals into people. I just say that objectively, it's scummy. I never said I was better than anyone, I did say that denying content creators money is wrong.

Oh no, because me using adblock and robbing the content creator of less than a penny for my view at the absolute best case is such a scummy thing to be doing. If you want to give money and support the creators that way, there are donations 90% of the time.

I value 5-30s (Or even a minute on Twitch) of my life at more than a penny

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

This is an incredibly simplistic outlook. Advertising networks aren't just dishing out adverts. They have gained a market dominance, and enabled a system that collects it's "consumers" data on a level that is totally unacceptable. Their market dominance also ensures that there is no other option, other than to accept this, or block it. We have to break this false dichotomy that this is the only way to fund content creators or deny them money by adblocking. The truth is, for the amount we give up (in privacy) the content creators receive very little, adsense to me is worthless, and I will never support it. I will not give up my right to privacy so Linus gets 0.02 cents per my view of some shitty advert.

Linus might not totally like this stance, but he accepts it, which is why he offers alternative funding options. Such as Vessel, Sponsorships, donations, or T-Shirt sales etc.

Note my bold, underlined text :P

No matter how you turn it, blocking adds can't be fully justified. It's still the job of lots of people. I DO, 100% agree, that adds are getting worse than addblocks. They disrupt videos, collect private data, take 20 f***** seconds to pass, and are generally irritating. But in the end, this is also people's jobs, careers, and thus lifes that are dependant on adds.

Objectively, blocking adds is scum. Because your denying people money. Subjectively, adds are going too far. Can't argue with that.

Also, I don't force my ideals into people. I just say that objectively, it's scummy. I never said I was better than anyone, I did say that denying content creators money is wrong.

____

Yeah, I can't take you seriously when you're purposefully misspelling a word/using the wrong word like that (not to mention how you used "your" there) and calling an opinion "objective." 

Objectively, blocking adds is scummy. Because it's denying money to free content creators. But as I said before, subjectively (thus with opinion), I never liked adds. It's just that, again people are dependant from it. Too much people.

Also, I may have misspelled adds (eventually) on purpose, but I still do it automatically :P. No intention to make you mad with it, and sorry if it did!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

No matter how you turn it, blocking adds can't be fully justified. It's still the job of lots of people. I DO, 100% agree, that adds are getting worse than addblocks. They disrupt videos, collect private data, take 20 f***** seconds to pass, and are generally irritating. But in the end, this is also people's jobs, careers, and thus lifes that are dependant on adds.

No matter how you turn it, Adsense working the way it does cannot be fully justified. There is no moral high ground to be had here on either side. Which brings me back to the part of my post you seemed to miss, you are offering a simplistic "false dichotomy" on this issue. I can block Adsense adverts on YouTube and still support the content creators far more by donating $20 a year, than by simply accepting the system as it operates now.

Any content creator would be wise to offer options, and diversify income away from solely relying on Adsense. If you are not smart enough to do that, then I'm afraid to say, I have no sympathy.

No matter how you turn it, Adsense working the way it does cannot be fully justified. There is no moral high ground to be had here on either side. Which brings me back to the part of my post you seemed to miss, you are offering a simplistic "false dichotomy" on this issue. I can block Adsense adverts on YouTube and still support the content creators far more by donating $20 a year, than by simply accepting the system as it operates now.

Any content creator would be wise to offer options, and diversify income away from solely relying on Adsense. If you are not smart enough to do that, then I'm afraid to say, I have no sympathy.

Couldn't agree more!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

• 3 months later...