Bought a 980 recently and feeling sad becaues the 980ti came out?

After some benchmarks I found the gap between the two is not all that huge... at least initially...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380057-980ti-vs-980-15ghz/

post-144788-0-82218400-1433403397_thumb.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Also it is with everything, if you buy something it will be old. So be happy with ur 980. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I can trade my 280 with you if you wish

nvidia 280 or 4 series 280?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I would feel sad if I bought any Nvidia card tbh

nvidia 280 or 4 series 280?

Sapphire 280

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Why is that?

Sapphire 280

Ah. I have a gtx280 in an old pc turned pfsense router.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Why is that?

I would feel as if I'd been a patient at a sperm bank without my consent.

I would feel as if I'd been a patient at a sperm bank without my consent.

I don't understand your metaphor.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

R.I.P Money

R.I.P

{*}

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Two threads on the subject necessary? Could've just renamed the original.

couldn't decide which sub to drop it in, chose both, problem?

funny, I feel the same way when I buy an AMD card :-( maybe GPU's are just sticks of sadness meant only to bring sadness to the world.

R.I.P Money

R.I.P

{*}

sigh... yup

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

The 980 is a good card in the 450 dollar price range, anything more than that and its better to go with a 980 ti for 1440p and above and a 970 for 1080p. I went looking for some good deals for a 980 and found a brand new unopened SC ACX 2.0 for 400. I wouldn't have paid any more for it as I just have a 1080p monitor, but I got a really super proofed 1080p card that would last me a few years at that resolution, for barely more than the price of a 970.

In my case I don't think the 980 ti is worth an extra 250, so im happy with the 980.

Ill probably try to overclock the shit out of it, and if its a good OCer maybe ill spring for a 1440p monitor, or I might just stick with 1080p for a year and maybe spring for a 4k monitor when the 16 nm cards are out that can really handle 4k as the 980 ti seems slightly underpowered for 4k unless you SLI it,

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Just buy the fastest card you can afford no matter what resolution you play at. Its that simple.

I bought a used one for a good price. 

Still had 3 yrs of extended warranty left. 

If I bought it new, that would have been depressing. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850