Need new headphones

PCNOOB123

Basically, I need headphones with a detachable cable,different cables and good sound quality. I recently have been leaning towards the m50x's, but would like more suggestions under 200CAD

I can vouch for the ATH M50X. I own it and it is simply the best headphone under $200CAD. I use it for gaming, music, playing guitar, movies, etc, etc. 

It doesn't have good sound quality. It has excellent sound quality. It is a professional studio monitor headphones after all. :)

I can vouch for the ATH M50X. I own it and it is simply the best headphone under $200CAD.

That is, simply, not true.

Uhm... do you want closed-back headphones or open-back headphones?

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I would also suggest the ATH-M50X (wearing them right now actually), but the HD 558 look like they would be better for long sessions, as they have (looks like it anyways) softer padding. And to be honest, the M50X can get a bit uncomfortable after extended use.

Praise the sun!

Why do you want closed back anyway?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I would like closed back @tublebutt

Well, I'd recommend the Shure SRH440 since I think the M50X's have been given a bit too much attention that it could be given the Beats treatment.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Why do you want closed back anyway?

Maybe he/she doesn't like open back?

Maybe he/she doesn't like open back?

I know I'm asking why.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Beyerdynamic DT-770, Custom One Pro, Shure has a few good pairs, Sony MDR1R. I wouldn't lean the Audio-Technica m50X, they are not worth their price tag, there are many headphones that are cheaper yet better. As someone above said they are getting the beats treatment, they look great and many people that are not audiophiles per say have reviewed them saying that they are amazing but haven't compared them to a wider range of other headphones. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad but you can get much better. I'm no audiophile but I've read enough into them to know they aren't worth the hype.

Hmm.... Some of these suggestions are actually pretty good.

I guess I should rephrase my quote: "the ATH M50X is ONE of the best headphones under $200."

But, I strongly believe that headphones depends on personal preference. I love the M50x, even after trying some Shure and Seinheisers of similar prices. Of course, other people will disagree and that's totally legit.

Try going to a Long & McQuade and try out the headphones there, if you can. That's what I did before buying my M50x from Amazon on sale. :P

I guess I should rephrase my quote: "the ATH M50X is ONE of the best headphones under $200."

But, I strongly believe that headphones depends on personal preference. I love the M50x, even after trying some Shure and Seinheisers of similar prices. Of course, other people will disagree and that's totally legit.

Try going to a Long & McQuade and try out the headphones there, if you can. That's what I did before buying my M50x from Amazon on sale. :P

I live in Toronto, so I do not think there are any Long & McQuade nearby. But I would love an over ear design and I will be using the headphones for gaming and mobile music listening outside. Beacause I will be using them outside, they will have to look good and be worn for the long hours I am on my PC

I live in Toronto, so I do not think there are any Long & McQuade nearby. But I would love an over ear design and I will be using the headphones for gaming and mobile music listening outside. Beacause I will be using them outside, they will have to look good and be worn for the long hours I am on my PC

It all depends on what sound you are looking for if you are into warm sounding headphones the Sony mdr 1r might be right up your ally.

The dt770 will be a great pick for v shape sound( like the m50x) however they are better than the m50x in soundstage and just overall and are more comfortable only disadvantage is they don't have deatachable cables.

If you really want the m50x I would suggest you looking into the m40x which sound nearly identical but cost like 60$ less.

Ty guys probs gonna go for the m40x's. I hear all the cables they come with are long, so I might get the small m50x cable with it

Ty guys probs gonna go for the m40x's. I hear all the cables they come with are long, so I might get the small m50x cable with it

Or just use a cable strap/velcro on the excess length, and save some money....:)

Or just use a cable strap/velcro on the excess length, and save some money....:)

The thing is, I will need the long cable with my PC and the short with my phone when I am out and about

The thing is, I will need the long cable with my PC and the short with my phone when I am out and about

Still, a 6 cents velcro tie (http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-ONE-WRAP-Self-Gripping-Cable-Reusable/dp/B001E1Y5O6 $6.14 for 100pcs) trumps a $20 cable (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIDDLPO)

But that's just me....

For your desktop i think something like this: sennheiser momentum is awesome, of course if you can afford to spend that much ;)
Extremely good sound quality

Very confy

Durable cable