how to buy windows ten

fredrodregus

I current'y have an hacked version of windows, so the update that lets me upgrade to windows ten is not installed. I want to buy windows ten, to try it out, but can only find windows 8 in the microsoft store. Is there any way that I can just buy a product key for my current operating system, and unhack it without losing any of my files, so that i can upgrade it later to windows ten. I currently have win 7.

Thanks

Windows 10 is not out yet. I would suggest getting Windows 8.1 which will upgrade to 10. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Windows 10 is not released as of yet.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Windows 10 is not out yet. I would suggest getting Windows 8.1 which will upgrade to 10. 

can i do that without losing any files?

Final version is not available yet, all you can do currently is download the preview.

"Rawr XD"

can i do that without losing any files?

Sure. Windows installer has an upgrade utility. It used to be pretty buggy, although I haven't tried it lately. Alternatively you can back up the files you want to keep and do a clean install, which is what I always do.

Edit: If you want to keep windows 7 there's a free upgrade coming on release for all Microsoft OS's Win 7 and up.

Edited by Swisscheesy

Sure. Windows installer has an upgrade utility. It used to be pretty buggy, although I haven't tried it lately. Alternatively you can back up the files you want to keep and do a clean install, which is what I always do.

ok thanks i will try it

Edit: If you want to keep windows 7 there's a free upgrade coming on release for all Microsoft OS's Win 7 and up.

i know about the free upgrade, but that is only for legit copys i thought

i know about the free upgrade, but that is only for legit copys i thought

Do you see a message in the bottom right corner of your desktop saying "this build is not genuine" or something like that? If not the upgrade may work, as long as you can turn on windows update.

Do you see a message in the bottom right corner of your desktop saying "this build is not genuine" or something like that? If not the upgrade may work, as long as you can turn on windows update.

ok thanks!