Which Brand?

I would personally recommend EVGA because of their warranty and customer service history. For cooler recommendations, I'm quite fond of Gigabyte's Windforce, but EVGA's ACX 2.0 is quite good as well.

Honestly I'd go for EVGA, some people prefer ASUS, but I've had bad experiences in the past with them so I can't recommend them.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy whichever brand you purchase!

I am getting a gtx 980 ti but I just don't know which brand I should get it from!

reference....

yea. 

I'm that guy

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

EVGA or Gigabyte are always safe... 

I would personally recommend EVGA because of their warranty and customer service history. For cooler recommendations, I'm quite fond of Gigabyte's Windforce, but EVGA's ACX 2.0 is quite good as well.

Honestly I'd go for EVGA, some people prefer ASUS, but I've had bad experiences in the past with them so I can't recommend them.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy whichever brand you purchase!

EVGA is great on that end. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah I do wanna get reference :P

I'd go for evga reference then 

muh specs 

All parts black

K! Thanks this is my first build btw :P

Just cause I want to know, why exactly do you want a reference card?

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

lo everything was sold out, so i got a gigabyte and a zotac

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

EVGA.

For.. ALL the reasons.

/End.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I am getting a gtx 980 ti but I just don't know which brand I should get it from!

Go for EVGA because it is known as to have THE best customer support right now.  Currently, I'd suggest waiting for a non-reference GPU though.  (unless you want it, then go for it)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Evga has always been good with gpus,warranty as well, msi has good gpus and warranty and they make solid mo os for amd and intel, they have i woad say highest or among those best occ of gpus with gaming line its average but lighting cards just dominate awry thing so evga or msi gigabyte is good asus has bad warranty on all but best ones are evga and msi

MSI.........................................anyone?

Asus because they usually have back-plates and their customer service is pretty good from what I've heard.  Though on Twitter, MSI seems more interactive.

Honestly if the MSI X99 Krait Edition Mobo and Asus X99 Pro/Deluxe made into one would be one pretty awesome looking mobo.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

EVGA, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte | They're all pretty good.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

+1 for EVGA

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

EVGA is love.

EVGA is life.

Their customer service is second to none.

I always had good experience with Gigabyte, but it looks like the Zotac AMP! is also a very good option. It is only arpung 50$ more expensice bot has a + 250 Mhz base clock!

I don't usually follow particular brands. I just go for the highest performance I can for the least money (because I'm a cheapskate) and it sometimes runs me into the same brand, but brand loyalty is ill-advised. Grab whatever you think fits your budget and build style, because even reference Nvidia cards are quite good, unlike AMD's reference cards.

Pretty much all of the big 4 are good (MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA).

Although didn't you just pick up a GTX970 according to your other thread...?

Yeah but I didn't get the build yet :P I'm upgradin and gradin and gradin

Go here :)