MMO and RPG Laptop for Friend

WinNut
Go to solution Solved by handymanshandle,

From experience with World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, an AMD A8 based laptop can do the job on low to medium settings acceptably. On medium the A8 6410 does buckle when in complex stuff (like Dungeons, PvP Battle Grounds, Raids, etc) though like I said in areas that have lots of things to render it does buckle but on that budget you should honestly be okay with the occasional drop of frames. If building a desktop is an option and your friend wants the best price to performance and is willing to extend their budget by about $198 (If $200 extra is too much you can just drop the GTX 960) then, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bnfczy also when he has like $60 he can drop for a 120/128GB SSD for his boot drive.

Hi,

A friend of mine approached me today and asked me to recommend a laptop for MMO and RPG games such as LoL. What would you recommend? His budget is around 200-600 dollars, and we're located in the American mainland.

Gonna be too hard to answer since at that price there are quite alot. 
Would be nice to give bit more info like will he be moving around alot, what other uses other than gaming ect ect.

From experience with World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, an AMD A8 based laptop can do the job on low to medium settings acceptably. On medium the A8 6410 does buckle when in complex stuff (like Dungeons, PvP Battle Grounds, Raids, etc) though like I said in areas that have lots of things to render it does buckle but on that budget you should honestly be okay with the occasional drop of frames. If building a desktop is an option and your friend wants the best price to performance and is willing to extend their budget by about $198 (If $200 extra is too much you can just drop the GTX 960) then, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bnfczy also when he has like $60 he can drop for a 120/128GB SSD for his boot drive.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization