hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 or audio technica m20x

ChEsTeR15763

i am looking for a new headphone for gaming and also listening to music

i am looking for a new headphone for gaming and also listening to music

Cloud 1 or 2 if you need a mic, or the M20X if you dont

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I can't comment on the M20x's, but my younger brother has a pair of M35's from Audio Technica, and I found that they sounded very.. quiet, and.. empty. Not flat, like Studio Monitors should, but.. empty. Almost distant, too, with their sound. Like emulated surround tends to be. Not sure if the M20x's are the same, but in the $50-75 budget for Audio Technica stuff, our only draw was a bust. (In a subjective manner.)

I have the original HyperX Cloud headset, and they're very comfortable to wear. The sound is pretty good overall, but I found them *unbearably sharp when I first bought them. I almost sent them back it was that bad. They had a painful amount of sibilance IMO, to the point where they actually physically hurt my ears. This was easily rectified by installing a third-party equaliser, but I think they've softened up a little over time. I think they're great for gaming, and the mic is actually pretty decent quality, but I (personally) wouldn't use them for listening to music.

*I do have very sensitive ears, so my experience =/= your experience. Also I don't know if maybe I got a bad set or if all Cloud headsets are like that.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

I've got cloud 1's coming in the mail today, simply because I have a sound card with headphone amp and other goodies (and my Logitech headset is falling apart after I sat on it). The cloud 2's are USB, which would be a deal breaker for me. I've heard nothing but raving reviews about how good the hyper X cloud headsets are, with the exception that you need a good amp or they sound horrible. not sure about the cloud 2's because USB, but the same may be true, although the cloud 2's have decent 7.1 built in, at least according to Jayztwocents. The audio technica headphones are going to be more sound accurate and flat, so not a bad choice.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR