Corsair RMi series PSU

YT2002

Oh look, they stuck on a USB connector to the regular RM so they can make it even more overpriced.

Seems like they won't be using Chinese crapacitors this time around.

Never said anything about them all being Japanese. Some of the capacitors in the CWT RMs are Japanese, but not all of them.

"Rawr XD"

Can someone explain to me the difference between this RMi Series and the HXi Series? I know there's a price difference but what justifies the price difference? They are both 80 Plus Gold and are fully modular. Confused :wacko: .

I think the HX series might lack fanless mode that the RM series has. If the HX series does have that feature then I don't understand the difference either. The new HX series might be platinum too which is different from RM, but then what's the advantage of the AX series? Corsair really needs to differentiate their product lines.

HX Master Race

hx650_psu_sideview_cable_1_1_1.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I think the HX series might lack fanless mode that the RM series has. If the HX series does have that feature then I don't understand the difference either. The new HX series might be platinum too which is different from RM, but then what's the advantage of the AX series? Corsair really needs to differentiate their product lines.

I have the HX 650 Gold Rated PSU (exactly the pic above, ironically), and I can confirm that the PSU has Zero-RPM mode. And a quick look at Corsair's website does confirm that the HXi versions are all Platinum, which raises the same question as you have: what is the difference between HXi and AX then? So confusing :wacko:

I have the HX 650 Gold Rated PSU (exactly the pic above, ironically), and I can confirm that the PSU has Zero-RPM mode. And a quick look at Corsair's website does confirm that the HXi versions are all Platinum, which raises the same question as you have: what is the difference between HXi and AX then? So confusing :wacko:

Yea we need to ask the corsair reps next time they have an AMA or something.

Can someone explain to me the difference between this RMi Series and the HXi Series? I know there's a price difference but what justifies the price difference? They are both 80 Plus Gold and are fully modular. Confused :wacko: .

The RMi series will use a different internal design, probably lower quality than the HXi series. You can't just look at specs.

Oh look, they stuck on a USB connector to the regular RM so they can make it even more overpriced.

Never said anything about them all being Japanese. Some of the capacitors in the CWT RMs are Japanese, but not all of them.

The RM series PSUs only have a single Japanese capacitor AFAIK, this time they're using plural. But we'll see. I don't trust Corsair much either.

They are both 80 Plus Gold and are fully modular. 

HXi is platinum.

"Rawr XD"

The RM series PSUs only have a single Japanese capacitor AFAIK, this time they're using plural. But we'll see. I don't trust Corsair much either.

Panasonic primary, a few Nippon Chemi-Con on the 5V/5VSB

"Rawr XD"

There, fixit for ya. Corsair is nothing but a sticker.

I'll fix it for ya, it's CWT not CTW :D

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Still a Corsair RM.

You replied to what I said addressing the CWT RM specifically

So that doesn't really make sense.

And if you buy a new RM today regardless of wattage model it'll be CWT anyways as the Chicony RMs were long discontinued

"Rawr XD"

You replied to what I said addressing the CWT RM specifically

So that doesn't really make sense.

And if you buy a new RM today regardless of wattage model it'll be CWT anyways as the Chicony RMs were long discontinued

I was comparing the new RMi to the old RM series, which includes the Chicony-built models.

I was comparing the new RMi to the old RM series, which includes the Chicony-built models.

Well if you compare RMi to current off-the-shelf RM, all of them  are CWT.

"Rawr XD"

Well if you compare RMi to current off-the-shelf RM, all of them  are CWT.

There are Chicony RMs on the shelves too.

There are Chicony RMs on the shelves too.

To be specific, all the RMs currently in production are CWT, the Chicony ones were discontinued a while ago.

Maybe there'll be better build quality in the RMi then the currently produced regular RMs, they'll still be overpriced until they can get up to at least Seasonic G platform level of performance while keeping the same price, which they obviously won't as Corsair Link is apparently worth heaps to some people.

"Rawr XD"

The HXi series is actualy 80plus platinum so thats the difference. The difference between HXi and AXi is that the AXi has Digital Control in Corsair Link

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps?