[$1,500] MrFriendism's Dream System - Game and Workstation

Hello,

I'm looking for the best advises. Last time (2011) when I had the build I didn't have much money to have the Intel and the local shopkeeper tricked me to the A6 Processor of AMD with some APU kind of Graphics Card (which really pained me and it's still paining me).

So I'm strictly going to stick with the Intel this time (in terms of cooler and driver, I am facing the Driver issues still with the AMD and GPU). When I had Intel long before, I never faced Driver Issues (Had no internet that time then also).

RIG BUILD UPDATE #1 (Status: Waiting for advises) Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QCdczy

QQHn9m6.png

RIG BUILD ORIGINAL (Status: Dropped)

vVtw8xb.png

Please do check and let me know if the parts looks good to you or you suggest any replacement in terms of performance.

Usage of the System:

• GTA V: I want to play this game since it was announced first time. (I was teen that time and Now I am 21).
  • COD: Just like GTA, I am playing Call of Duty just except some recent titles because of no good support for my current config.
  • Marketing: I have loads of Website Management work like designing, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Muse and much more.
  • Video: I use video processing software, for now Camtasia I am using.
  • Youtube Surfing: I am facing loads of lagging and Blue Screen Error whenever I run Youtube on my current system. Not to mention I love Youtube a lot.
  • Latest Stuff: I can't buy most latest stuff but whatever is my budget, I want the best and latest into that.

MAJOR USE: Work (Internet Marketing, Youtube, Video and Surfing)

Minor Use (or One time): GTA V and COD.
(But would love enjoyment and pleasure to play this game on High Settings as possible in my budget.

Budget: $1500 
(Because I will be buying offline in India so I have to pay import duties, taxes and other stuff to the Govt.) So it's 1500 without tax and duties.

Shop: Local Shop (New Delhi, India)
(Because online prices are high) If you know any shop in Delhi, India which provide good price let me know.

Temperature: 40 to 42 Degree Avg. in summers

Current Processor Temperature: 60 Degree Avg (AMD A6 3650 with Cooler Master Evo, 1 front fan, 1 back fan and 1 on the Evo)

P.S.: If I order from the Amazon.com I would have to pay loads of taxes and import duties. If I buy from the FlipKart (Local Indian E-Commerce Giant), Prices are very high. That's why I am going with the authorized Local Dealer for better pricing. Also, they would install the system for me.

Let me know the best stuff you guys suggest. Also, If you would like to make a new list or alter the current part I've selected, I am totally open to listen. But keep the GPU and Processor of Intel and Nvidia respectively. I want to stay away from AMD.

Thanks!

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

See if you can find an EVGA 970.

And also, Corsair's lower end PSUs aren't that good. Try and find an EVGA B2 PSU.

Finally, don't spend so much on the mobo and CPU! I would recommend a 4690k and something like the MSI Krait Mobo. Spend the extra money on better graphics, SSD.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

I would go with something like this depending on what parts you can get hold of locally.

The Corsair 540 has better airflow than the 750D.

EVGA G2 is an excellent psu.

H105 is a better cooler imo than the H100i.

Swapped the board for a cheaper one. Just get a pci-e wireless network card similar to the one in the spec.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.69 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.00 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($38.84 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1405.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 07:37 EDT-0400

See if you can find an EVGA 970.

And also, Corsair's lower end PSUs aren't that good. Try and find an EVGA B2 PSU.

Finally, don't spend so much on the mobo and CPU! I would recommend a 4690k and something like the MSI Krait Mobo. Spend the extra money on better graphics, SSD.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I've never heard EVGA before. Just now checked and saw Tom's Hardware is having some serious bad reviews about the EVGA. Also, Which better graphics you recommend and same for the SSD?

I will take a look and see. I'm open to change if that is necessary and better for me.

Thanks ;)

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

I would go with something like this depending on what parts you can get hold of locally.

The Corsair 540 has better airflow than the 750D.

EVGA G2 is an excellent psu.

H105 is a better cooler imo than the H100i.

Swapped the board for a cheaper one. Just get a pci-e wireless network card similar to the one in the spec.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.69 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.00 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($38.84 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1405.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 07:37 EDT-0400

Thanks for the reply Mate.

Okay, I have checked the config you have mentioned.

Corsair 540: This can't come inside my table because of the width.My table's width is 12.1 Inches (Height 20 Inch).

H105: Okay, I may replace it if I will be able to get it locally.

EVGA G2: Why are you replacing Corsair for EVGA?

Kingston RAM: Why you replaced the Corsair Vengence?

Gigabyte GPU: Why replaced the ASUS?

Note: I may drop the WiFi extra device you mentioned above as I am currently using Ethernet only and I may continue to use it Ethernet if the board is not having WiFi in built in (Gigabyte one).

But do mention why you replaced the above stuff and please give me alternative to the case which can fit into my table.

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I've never heard EVGA before. Just now checked and saw Tom's Hardware is having some serious bad reviews about the EVGA. Also, Which better graphics you recommend and same for the SSD?

I will take a look and see. I'm open to change if that is necessary and better for me.

Thanks ;)

EVGA makes the refference stuff for Nvidia. Their GPUs and PSUs are top notch. Corsair's low end stuff are basically trash. Low build quality and stuff, EVGA's PSUs are better than them at this price range, the SSD is ok but you could go with an MX100. The Strix 970/980 and all the Strix models are trash. Bad overclocks, coil whine, random jumps on the voltage etc. The gigabyte G1 Gaming model is the best 970 model. Kingston has the best reputation on RAM making (They are also one of the eldest companies on RAM making so they are one of the best).

EVGA makes the refference stuff for Nvidia. Their GPUs and PSUs are top notch. Corsair's low end stuff are basically trash. Low build quality and stuff, EVGA's PSUs are better than them at this price range, the SSD is ok but you could go with an MX100. The Strix 970/980 and all the Strix models are trash. Bad overclocks, coil whine, random jumps on the voltage etc. The gigabyte G1 Gaming model is the best 970 model. Kingston has the best reputation on RAM making (They are also one of the eldest companies on RAM making so they are one of the best).

Okay, I am going to make new list and edit it. But can you recommend me the Case and MoBo also?

Case for the better Airflow.

Gigabyte GPU has a much better cooler than the ASUS one, and if you have the budget, the G1 gaming version has one of the highest overclock out of all the cards.

Gigabyte GPU has a much better cooler than the ASUS one, and if you have the budget, the G1 gaming version has one of the highest overclock out of all the cards.

You are talking about this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn970g1gaming4gd

Here is a build with a black/white scheme.

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($349.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($164.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1414.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 08:29 EDT-0400

Here is a build with a black/white scheme.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($349.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($164.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1414.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 08:29 EDT-0400

Okay Thanks for the reply mate.

I'm taking the look.

1. Why you are selecting MSI's Motherboard. It's better or what?

2. Why you selected that Water Cooler rather then Corsair's H100i/H105?

Thanks!

Okay Thanks for the reply mate.

I'm taking the look.

1. Why you are selecting MSI's Motherboard. It's better or what?

2. Why you selected that Water Cooler rather then Corsair's H100i/H105?

Thanks!

Black/White theme also the motherboard doesn't affect the performance just the features. This one is perfect.

Also a wider Radiator on an AIO(All in one) liquid cooler is better cause it cools better. I've seen many h100/H105s leak so I may be a bit Biased on that choice, but it's up to you on what cooler you want.

Black/White theme also the motherboard doesn't affect the performance just the features. This one is perfect.

Also a wider Radiator on an AIO(All in one) liquid cooler is better cause it cools better. I've seen many h100/H105s leak so I may be a bit Biased on that choice, but it's up to you on what cooler you want.

Do you know any place where I can compare both the boards one to one?

Yeah one more thing, I want case should have maximum use of filters because India is a dusty country as compare to Europe or most part of the America. So, I would love to keep the case cool looking without dust.

Also, I always see Linus using Corsair Water Cooler and Cooler Master PSU. Doesn't it mean these are best?

Below is my current selected Parts (I have changed many stuff as per the recommendations from the community above)

QQHn9m6.png

If you still have better opinions, Do leave post below. Thanks :)

Thanks for the reply Mate.

Okay, I have checked the config you have mentioned.

Corsair 540: This can't come inside my table because of the width.My table's width is 12.1 Inches (Height 20 Inch).

H105: Okay, I may replace it if I will be able to get it locally.

EVGA G2: Why are you replacing Corsair for EVGA?

Kingston RAM: Why you replaced the Corsair Vengence?

Gigabyte GPU: Why replaced the ASUS?

Note: I may drop the WiFi extra device you mentioned above as I am currently using Ethernet only and I may continue to use it Ethernet if the board is not having WiFi in built in (Gigabyte one).

But do mention why you replaced the above stuff and please give me alternative to the case which can fit into my table.

Thanks.

Do you need the case that is under 20 inch in height ? As the 750D is bigger than that.

The Corsair 450D is a nice case. It is similar to the 750D but has a mesh front panel so it will pull in air better. 

I am not 100% sure that the H105 fits in the 450D due to the radiator thickness, but you could go with the H110 or the new H110i GT which will both fit or any 240mm/280mm cooler that has a standard size radiator.

I just swapped the Ram for a low profile kit so if you decided to go with an air cooler then it will fit under. If you use a water cooler then it doesn't matter if you use taller Ram. The Kingston HyperX Ram is also usually cheaper than Corsair as well.

The EVGA G2 is a much better quality power supply. You also get a very nice warranty of 10 years when you register it.

The Windforce cooler is one of the best imo. It doesn't have zero fan mode like the Asus, but it is still a quiet card.

A wired connection is always better than wireless. You could look at Powerline adapters (Homeplug) if you want a wireless alternative.

Do you need the case that is under 20 inch in height ? As the 750D is bigger than that.

The Corsair 450D is a nice case. It is similar to the 750D but has a mesh front panel so it will pull in air better.

I am not 100% sure that the H105 fits in the 450D due to the radiator thickness, but you could go with the H110 or the new H110i GT which will both fit or any 240mm/280mm cooler that has a standard size radiator.

I just swapped the Ram for a low profile kit so if you decided to go with an air cooler then it will fit under. If you use a water cooler then it doesn't matter if you use taller Ram. The Kingston HyperX Ram is also usually cheaper than Corsair as well.

The EVGA G2 is a much better quality power supply. You also get a very nice warranty of 10 years when you register it.

The Windforce cooler is one of the best imo. It doesn't have zero fan mode like the Asus, but it is still a quiet card.

A wired connection is always better than wireless. You could look at Powerline adapters (Homeplug) if you want a wireless alternative.

Thanks for the reply.

But I request you to check the image below and tell if the new selection is better?

And which case can be fit in my table with Good Air-flow so that I won't face the shutdowns and damage on the GPU and CPU because of high degree at my place.

QQHn9m6.png

NZXT is good case maker?

Thanks for the reply.

But I request you to check the image below and tell if the new selection is better?

And which case can be fit in my table with Good Air-flow so that I won't face the shutdowns and damage on the GPU and CPU because of high degree at my place.

QQHn9m6.png

If the 760T case fits your desk then that spec looks fine.

Okay I will be visiting shop with this part list and get the pricing and check if the product is available with them or not.

I doubt the availability of EVGA and NZXT in India.

So if you want to mention alternative to EVGA PSU and NZXT Kreken let me know?

NZXT is good case maker?

Corsair and NZXT cases are very good

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Okay I will be visiting shop with this part list and get the pricing and check if the product is available with them or not.

I doubt the availability of EVGA and NZXT in India.

So if you want to mention alternative to EVGA PSU and NZXT Kreken let me know?

Seasonic are very good power supplies. They have various models such as the M12II Bronze, S12G, M12II EVO, G Series and X Series depending on what you want to spend.

Antec power supplies are also fine (High Current Gamer (Modular or non modular), Edge, TruePower Classic (This is Non modular)

Coolermaster have the V Series (The fully modular version is the best)

You also have XFX power supplies which are all made by Seasonic.

You should be able to get Corsair coolers ok. So the H105, H110, H110i GT are all fine and will fit in the 760T.

I can pretty safely say that this is the most powerful build here:

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($505.45 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1442.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 20:39 EDT-0400

And you had apprehensions about EVGA? They have been making GeForce cards since before I was born.
This NZXT watercooler is flat out better than the H100i. They make awesome cases as well.
And this is an EVGA B2 series PSU, one of the best on the market.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

I can pretty safely say that this is the most powerful build here:

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($505.45 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1442.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 20:39 EDT-0400

And you had apprehensions about EVGA? They have been making GeForce cards since before I was born.
This NZXT watercooler is flat out better than the H100i. They make awesome cases as well.
And this is an EVGA B2 series PSU, one of the best on the market.

Thanks for the powerful build. But I doubt the availability of the NZXT and EVGA in my country India. What if these two are not available?

What alternative you suggest to keep the pricing below 1,450 and have the best possible powerful build?

Thanks.

Notice: I have made the thread over the selection of the GPU Manufacturer for the best quality of service and after-sales supports.

Check out here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378462-best-gtx-970980-manufacture-help/#entry5114380

Majority will win and I will go with that only. As I am not so much experienced so I thought to make a poll over it and let the community decide. Thanks :)

I doubt the availability of EVGA (GPU) and NZXT (PSU and Case). That's is why I am little worried.