[$1,500] Wooden Cabinet Mod [Advice Please]

ajgamer1

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ABOVE FOR THE BEST CASE

Hello,

I've started a Custom Dream System Thread here. I'm really excited about it. But I am struck with an idea about a Modded Wooden Cabinet. I have two spaces in my room where I can have the this installed. (Only one either A or B )

Let me know which case is the best and will fit all the mentioned Parts with good cooling and where to cut a place so that I can place the cooling fans. (Please use photoshop or something to point or mark the place)

I know a carpenter which can do most of the work for me in good finishing so you just make me a plan if you can help me. I have lay down the idea below with details but need guidance on placement, selection and structure.

First Case: Wall Box

uHzqaH0.jpg

Yellow Part shows, I can slide a bit to the left side to earn some space.

Case B: Table Box

0PHJCfT.jpg

WHOLE TABLE AND WALL VIEW

TWbBf9n.jpg

DESIGN PLAN:

• Mirror/Plastic Door: I will be using mirror or plastic door just like Corsair 760T is having.
  • Sliding Tray: To make the arrangements in the motherboard or something. I will install the sliding tray so that I can slide out and work on the motherboard and slide back in and close the door (Just like in Servers Stack). Mother board will be horizontal only.
  • View or Placement: I am planning to place motherboard and other stuff just like it is placed in any Cabinet Case (but in this case it will be in my table/wall box). But if you have better idea tell me?
  • Cut a radiator size box on the top of the wall box to have the radiator installed there with a filter (I will buy filter from some shop) just like its in the 760T case.
  • I will place a sleek sheet between the wall and the motherboard on which I will hand the board so that cable can be managed behind that sheet (plastic or plywood or anything which can hold the weight of Mobo, GPU and RAMs).
  • Will paint black/white if there is any paint left (table box).
  • More points will be added if necessary...

COMPUTER PARTS SELECTED:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($349.99 @ Directron) 
Case: Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1440.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 02:40 EDT-0400

Let me know if anyone can guide me how can I utilize any of these (only 1)

Thanks

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

I think the first one is best.

Okay yeah it's a good place to show off also. But  I am not able to understand how I will place the I/O and Fans here. I am stuck to that rest of the part I will be keeping just as it is in the Cabinet of 760T but the issue is the placement of I/O, Wire and Fans.

Can you suggest?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

Okay yeah it's a good place to show off also. But  I am not able to understand how I will place the I/O and Fans here. I am stuck to that rest of the part I will be keeping just as it is in the Cabinet of 760T but the issue is the placement of I/O, Wire and Fans.

Can you suggest?

I would try and drill a 120mm fan hole in the bottom and cover it with a nice aesthetic mesh screen that matches your theme, I would do the same on the right side of the cabinet to ensure a nice push/pull airflow. About the cables, I would drill a very small hold at the bottom of the cabinet and run them through and nicely manage them with hooks and black zip ties. Just my personal preference.

I would try and drill a 120mm fan hole in the bottom and cover it with a nice aesthetic mesh screen that matches your theme, I would do the same on the right side of the cabinet to ensure a nice push/pull airflow. About the cables, I would drill a very small hold at the bottom of the cabinet and run them through and nicely manage them with hooks and black zip ties. Just my personal preference.

Even I was thinking the same. How about the I/Os?

I mean how to place Motherboard so that I can connect the mouse, keyboard, HDMI and other shits to it and looks decent?

Even I was thinking the same. How about the I/Os?

I mean how to place Motherboard so that I can connect the mouse, keyboard, HDMI and other shits to it and looks decent?

Hmm, I mean you cant probably make an outlet for them on the side of the cabinet and paint the faceplate black so its barely noticeable, or you can even get extensions for the I/o's 

Hmm, I mean you cant probably make an outlet for them on the side of the cabinet and paint the faceplate black so its barely noticeable, or you can even get extensions for the I/o's 

I will have the extension or long wire for it. I have no issues. The problem is like I should place it just like its in the CPU? (In same way)?

I mean just like Vertically stand?

Lovely idea, but I can't help you with this. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Lovely idea, but I can't help you with this. 

Haha thanks for being honest. But still you vote for Case A or B?

xD,

Well if you can fit everything in "case 1" for me it would look more awesome, but that is your own preference I guess. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I have my case on my desk too, but if you don't want to look in your portal of narnia i guess option 2 is also good xDDDD

xD,

Well if you can fit everything in "case 1" for me it would look more awesome, but that is your own preference I guess. 

Yeah I was telling the same to my mother just now that it would look more awesome and applicable. I will find out the stuff and see what can be worked.

I will be using honeycomb mesh grill in the bottom and side panel for the Fan. Also for the above radiator of the water cooling. I will have to get some filters also from the local shop (Air Conditioner Shop). As ready made CPU filters are hard to get in India.

So I have to buy a long sheet of filter and manually place that.

I'm also planning to use glass mirror or hard plastic (paint it if needed) for the tray of motherboard and the back of the mobo on which I will hand it. I will use that plastic which Linus used in his AQUARIUM Case. If you saw the video.

How can I get something like this for my motherboard?

qDBgbfl.jpg

How can I get something like this for my motherboard?

the one you post is the motherboard tray for the powermac g5 made by laserhive

also mountain mods makes a aluminium tray

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

the one you post is the motherboard tray for the powermac g5 made by laserhive

also mountain mods makes a aluminium tray

Okay so this thing is not for me. But for my ATX Motherboard, How can I find such thing?

Also vote if I should go with the first case or second case?

Thanks.

Notice: I have just added the poll to the thread, If you guys have time kindly consider voting above for the best case. I will be start doing my research accordingly. I will be free from June 6 (Last Semester and Last Exams). I have already contacted the carpenter to visit and tell me the stuff he wants. Also I will be going to research to find someone who can make me the custom acrylic board stand for the motherboard and other stuff. I have found some nice videos of the custom modded wall setups for it. I will be checking with them.

Let's see how it goes, I am pretty much excited about it.

motherboard trays- http://www.moddiy.com/categories/Cases/Acrylic-Cases/

i dont know about shipping to india but googleing acrylic motherboard trays should turn up good results

you could possibly invert the motherboard and have the I/O coming out the right side. they could go behind the tray and come out wherever you please. possibly going straight out the side into some sort of shroud that goes behind the desk.

colossus27.jpg

i like the idea a lot.  I've always wanted to build a case into furniture

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

motherboard trays- http://www.moddiy.com/categories/Cases/Acrylic-Cases/

i dont know about shipping to india but googleing acrylic motherboard trays should turn up good results

you could possibly invert the motherboard and have the I/O coming out the right side. they could go behind the tray and come out wherever you please. possibly going straight out the side into some sort of shroud that goes behind the desk.

colossus27.jpg

i like the idea a lot.  I've always wanted to build a case into furniture

Thanks for the reply. Inverting the motherboard can affect the performance of processor, mobo and GPU?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Inverting the motherboard can affect the performance of processor, mobo and GPU?

Thanks

Inverting it makes no difference, one thing though for the wall mount if you do plan that you may need a slightly larger cabinet or space to house the PSU among other components.

Inverting it makes no difference, one thing though for the wall mount if you do plan that you may need a slightly larger cabinet or space to house the PSU among other components.

I won't be mounting anything except Mobo, SSD and HHD. PSU will be at the base (horizontal).

But would you mind voting above in the poll for the best CASE?

Also give me some ideas of placing the stuff and making it cool in looks. If you have any better specification for my system. Please visit on my Dream System thread also :) 

I won't be mounting anything except Mobo, SSD and HHD. PSU will be at the base (horizontal).

But would you mind voting above in the poll for the best CASE?

Already voted, and for both designs are you planning to enclose the front or leave it as an open air type system.

Already voted, and for both designs are you planning to enclose the front or leave it as an open air type system.

I have an idea to make it close (so that dust doesn't enter). I will be trying to arrange a plastic sheet just like Corsair 760T is having for it's side panel. If not, then I will arrange the Acrylic Plastic (thin) and use it as a door.

If nothing look good, then I will go with the glass at end. But if you have better idea in the looks let me know?

I am totally open in taking the opinion :)

Thanks W-L :)

I have an idea to make it close (so that dust doesn't enter). I will be trying to arrange a plastic sheet just like Corsair 760T is having for it's side panel. If not, then I will arrange the Acrylic Plastic (thin) and use it as a door.

If nothing look good, then I will go with the glass at end. But if you have better idea in the looks let me know?

I am totally open in taking the opinion :)

Thanks W-L :)

If you do something with acrylic I would suggest using a magnetic latch on door where you have matching neodymium magnets that attract to each other just flush to the surface of the acrylic and the cabinet so when lined up they stick together making for easy removal and install with no hinges or bolts.