should i accept the $4K that my mom's offering me to build a pc?

saiftech

I don't see how people can take money from their parents like that.

Some friends of mine try to rip off their parents, they drive their car to school and laugh it off since their parents have to pay, or they let them buy clothes and think they're smart for not paying them back.

I mean, what the fuck - you wouldn't be here without them and then you fuck them in the ass like that.

I get it when they have lots of money, but you should always try to be independent to save them money, they might need that money and you just taking it is backstabbing on pro-level.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

First off surprise them and put ti in the bank. Once you join the army YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE IT AT HOME!!!!!! When you finally get time to play it it will be two years old atleast. Ditto for the car. Everything you own will fit in 3 bags.I was Really into guns and handloading my own ammo and by 21 I had some really nice guns when I joined the Navy. I was lucky, Dad kept my guns clean and did not try to use my handloading equip(that stuffs VERY dangerous) 4 Years later the guns were worth more then I paid for them. Guns go up in value. Computers do not.

I agree 100%, I love how i splurged on my headphones, getting m50s(splurging for me vs in ears). but this guy is going to the army, so he will not be able to use any of this gear for years besides for a few months most likely 

Oh, I forgot about that part. I don't see why you'd buy a PC at all if you were going into the army...

Spend $1k towards a PC if you actually need one, put the rest towards something more important... idk a car?

"Rawr XD"

OP what you should do is take $2K and spend it on a pc then take the other $2K and loan it to me to pay off my credit card debt.  I will pay you some sort of interest that is of course less than what I am paying my credit card company but you would make some money off the $2K you loaned out in the end.  So you would be doing a nice deed and making money and also you would have a pc.  I think your parents would be impressed with this sort of decision.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

would only spend 1.5k on the COmputer , save the Rest for LAter Usage

save that money put it into a savings account, for when you really need it, only spend at most a thousand on  a desktop,

4k is to much money to waste (yes waste) on a gaming pc.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Lolz I'd invest and/or save for the future