My laptop just died

My laptop just suddenly died today. When I try to turn it on there is no lights of any sort, nothing on the screen and no sounds of any moving parts.

Also when I pluig in my power cord to the wall it's light turns on, but when I plug it into my computer the light turns off.

Before it died it was rendering a scen in blender for the last 11 hours and when I opend it up i saw that it was full of so it might of overheated.

Specs

intel i5-3210m

256gb adata ssd

6gb of ram

no discrete gpu

Thanks

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

I'd guess it probably overheated and didn't shut down or anything to protect it from the high temps :/

What type of surface was it on? like a desk? bed? cooling pad?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Weird. It's almost as if the computer is drawing too much power. It might have been at the max CPU speed and now your PSU is just dying.

A case of overheating for too long and the power supply being affected by that?

Congrats! You now have a nice doorstop :)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I know the pain, I had an hp laptop that died because the one fan died and the same with my ps3 two years ago, ever since I have been saving up to build a pc. So all I can say is tuff luck pal

I'd guess it probably overheated and didn't shut down or anything to protect it from the high temps :/

What type of surface was it on? like a desk? bed? cooling pad?

the last time I know it was working it was on a desk plugged into the wall in my english class and I moved a couple of minutes later and tried to plug it in in the hallway and the light on the power cord did not turn on and I thought that the outlet was not on (that actually happened in another hallway in my school once) so iI left it unplugged and a couple of minutes I checked it and realised that it ha crached

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

Weird. It's almost as if the computer is drawing too much power. It might have been at the max CPU speed and now your PSU is just dying.

A case of overheating for too long and the power supply being affected by that?

it was unplugged when it died

the last time I know it was working it was on a desk plugged into the wall in my english class and I moved a couple of minutes later and tried to plug it in in the hallway and the light on the power cord did not turn on and I thought that the outlet was not on (that actually happened in another hallway in my school once) so iI left it unplugged and a couple of minutes I checked it and realised that it ha crached

--Edited--

Hmm, I'd say that she's dead.

Maybe try without the battery installed? (plug it into the wall)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

it was unplugged when it died

Never mind then. Possible that max energy off the battery killed something when it came time to die.

Did you try plugging it in without the battery?

the trouble shooting I ave done is

plugged in no battery

using different charger

and I test the ssd by putting it in another laptop.

I will try using another battery form my dad's computer when he gets home

Did you try plugging it in without the battery?

Good idea.

Some laptops get power from the battery even if the charging cable is connected. The cable connection just charges the battery for the computer to use.

the trouble shooting I ave done is

plugged in no battery

using different charger

and I test the ssd by putting it in another laptop.

I will try using another battery form my dad's computer when he gets home

Yeah, if you can weed out the battery and the power supply then your computer is probably dead.

My laptop just suddenly died today. When I try to turn it on there is no lights of any sort, nothing on the screen and no sounds of any moving parts.

Also when I pluig in my power cord to the wall it's light turns on, but when I plug it into my computer the light turns off.

Before it died it was rendering a scen in blender for the last 11 hours and when I opend it up i saw that it was full of so it might of overheated.

Specs

intel i5-3210m

256gb adata ssd

6gb of ram

no discrete gpu

Thanks

May I ask what is the laptop brand? (just curiosity for personal knowledge)

My guess is that a capacitor blew. If the manufacture used solid state capacitors I was told you won't know which one blew, that is their downside. But if you are good with a soldering iron and have a voltimeter you can try and find it, and replace it. (I mean what do you lose, it is busted in any case).

May I ask what is the laptop brand? (just curiosity for personal knowledge)My guess is that a capacitor blew. If the manufacture used solid state capacitors I was told you won't know which one blew, that is their downside. But if you are good with a soldering iron and have a voltimeter you can try and find it, and replace it. (I mean what do you lose, it is busted in any case).

it is a dell inspiron 15r from 2012