Hatred: GOG refuses to sell game; Will be available 3 days early for Steam preorders.

JayD

If they end up being disappointing, you lose all right to complain. Not to mention the guilt you should feel for contributing to the ruination of the gaming industry.

Last time I checked, you don't make the money he is using to buy those games. Jesus Christ this forum has so many ignorant people. If he wants to preorder a game, then he has every right to. You don't have to give him shit because that's what he likes to do.

At the same time, if you never had any hands on said product your complain is Biased due to the lack of experience with it.

The same point can be made for pre-ordering. You've never had your hands on the game, your justification for buying it is essentially hype.

I saw it when it came out. You're welcome to retread all the arguments you want, doesn't change that attacking pre-orders and people that pre-order is stupid and ignoring the problem entirely. Pre-ordering is not the problem. The real problem is something no one wants to hear or admit because it reflects on most of them. People are not smart consumers. It's not hard to get a feel for a game before it's out, but that actually requires people to pay attention and be intelligent. It is incredibly rare that I get caught off guard when I pre-order. It happens now and then, but not very often. Why? Because I don't go "OMG shiny, must pre-order now". I sit and wait. I pay bloody attention. Then I look for deals and generally wait until closer to release before pre-ordering,

1. Until you've watched a review of someone playing it (who wasn't paid to give it a good review), you have literally no idea what the game will be like, regardless of whatever hype has been released about it.

2. You get a better deal by waiting for it to go on sale, always.

3. Pre-ordering is a large problem that results of 90% of consumers being idiots and buying things without doing any homework.

By pre-ordering, you encourage companies to continue their current trends, regardless of what kind of research you do, end of story. You paid for it with no knowledge of it. They know it, you know it, we know it.

Last time I checked, you don't make the money he is using to buy those games. Jesus Christ this forum has so many ignorant people. If he wants to preorder a game, then he has every right to. You don't have to give him shit because that's what he likes to do.

He's contributing to and encouraging bad business practices.

Why is it so hard for people to learn a bit of patience? The game isn't going anywhere. Try actually watching TotalBiscuit's video, and understanding what you are really doing when you pre-order a game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just say no to pre-orders.

Don't care what you buy, just STOP PRE-ORDERING.

I never understood pre-orders now a day.  Back in the 90s pre-orders were necessary because they didn't make a lot of units and cartridges were expensive for game devs to risk, so finding a particular game was really hard.  When the CD came out for the game industry, it solved that problem.  CDs (DVDs, Blurays) are not that expensive to produce.  

The ignorant people tend to be the ones who jump on bandwagons and won't listen to rational information (not directed at you, just pointing that out).

Trik has a point and it's completely valid. No, we're not going to change anything by getting the entirety of LTT to stop pre-ordering games, but if you pre-order a game you are contributing to the problem in the industry. No, it's not your fault. You should be able to pre-order all you want. Issue is, a lot of companies will do pre-orders so they can get your money quicker; they put on some shiny pre-order exclusive content that should be included in the farking game in the first place (not talking about Witcher specifically because I don't think they did that). Then when the game turns out to be bad, there's nothing you can do about it generally.

It's GOGs prerogative to sell the game. If they chose not to sell for "reasons", it's up to them. If gamers don't like it, it's available elsewhere and they should purchase it elsewhere.

1. Until you've watched a review of someone playing it (who wasn't paid to give it a good review), you have literally no idea what the game will be like, regardless of whatever hype has been released about it.

2. You get a better deal by waiting for it to go on sale, always.

3. Pre-ordering is a large problem that results of 90% of consumers being idiots and buying things without doing any homework.

By pre-ordering, you encourage companies to continue their current trends, regardless of what kind of research you do, end of story. You paid for it with no knowledge of it. They know it, you know it, we know it.

1. I've bought more games I ended up not liking based on the recommendations of other than I have from pre-orders. To put it in perspective I'm 30 years old and I've been pre-ordering games here and there since Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox (still have the wall scroll I got from EB Games). The fact that in the last 11 years I can only think of a few titles where I was disappointed with a pre-order says a lot about how much I pay attention and how good I've gotten at making educated decisions. I find reviews, whether professional or user to be almost entirely worthless for my own tastes. User reviews are especially bad. Most users not only are horrible at detailing their opinions in a rational manner but 99% of them need to go back to fucking Elementary school and learn to bloody write (non-native English speakers are the exception, though I swear many of them write better than people born in English speaking countries).

2. If I want to wait 6+ months, sure. For some games I'd rather play day 1 and get that experience along with the rest of the internet. Either that or play day 1 and plan out time to play the game a head of time. Witcher 3 for example came out at a great time. I had a four day Holiday this weekend and could peck away at it without worrying about anything work related, like sleep. Batman: AK has good timing too since there is a good chance I'll be laid off for part of July until work picks up so lots of time to play that one and since it's already paid for no need to siphon money away from things like bills.

3. No, people are idiots because they buy things blind without doing proper research or they trust trailers too much. It's not impossible to be smart about pre-orders, it just takes time and effort. Not to toot my own horn but the games people use as big examples? Yeah, I had worries about most them before release and avoided them. Aliens: CM? I love the Alien franchise and a game about that should have me frothing at the mouth in excitement. Randy Pitchford is a hype-man and only cares about saying whatever it takes to get people to buy something, he doesn't care if he's lying about it. Go look at all the bullshit surrounding DNF for proof of that.  Watch_Dogs? The hype for that died the moment it was delayed and some rather worrying previews started to come out. They might as well have made giant flashing signs saying "Do not pre-order this game you will regret it!", it was that obvious.

The last time I got really blind-sided by a pre-order was Kingdom of Amalur and Mass Effect 3. Both happened because I let myself to caught up in not only the hype but in my own fanboyism. Even with DA2 being not all that hot I was still firmly convinced that Bioware could do no wrong with the Mass Effect franchise. ME2 is still one my of favorite games of the last decade. Amalur I got caught up in the world, the lore, R.A. Salvatore's writing. It was not what I expected, though going back to the game a year or so later I've found that I do like it I just had my expectations set far too high. With ME3, looking back I should have seen the warning signs. They were all over the place but I got blindsided by my love for Bioware. Bioware was the very last developer who I could have said I'd buy anything from. There is a reason I'm incredibly cynical when it comes to things like brand loyalty and all the shit these days.

Lol hypocrites. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The ignorant people tend to be the ones who jump on bandwagons and won't listen to rational information (not directed at you, just pointing that out).

Trik has a point and it's completely valid. No, we're not going to change anything by getting the entirety of LTT to stop pre-ordering games, but if you pre-order a game you are contributing to the problem in the industry. No, it's not your fault. You should be able to pre-order all you want. Issue is, a lot of companies will do pre-orders so they can get your money quicker; they put on some shiny pre-order exclusive content that should be included in the farking game in the first place (not talking about Witcher specifically because I don't think they did that). Then when the game turns out to be bad, there's nothing you can do about it generally.

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. I get all of the downsides of preordering. I just wish people wouldn't be so rude about it to others is all. Its his right to spend his money how he pleases.

They're just not selling the game, what are you guys so mad about? :B

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case