"Best" Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (connectivity)

Logun

Hey guys,

I'm looking for your opinions on the best wireless keyboards and mice as far as responsiveness/connectivity are concerned.

Keyboard:

Currently I have a Logitech K800 and while it's a decent keyboard the input lag is incredible. Very noticeable even as I'm sitting here typing this. Defintely a great keyboard just for mutlimedia use but almost completely useless for any kind of gaming.

Mouse:

I am using a R.A.T. 9 and it's very good - however I have no idea what surface or mouse mat I should be using with this thing. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's bad enough to make me wonder if the battery is dead/dying.

The other consideration is how it fits my hand. I use the RAT7 at my desk and I love it even though the quality is not as high as you should expect. I have large hands and LOVE the pinky flare on the side of the mouse.

Although this is for "couch" gaming I will be about 5' away from the screen and 4' from the PC. Why am I not using wired? Cable and peripheral management - where to be able to put stuff away, easy of use, getting everything out and set up. I dunno, by the end of this I might get a hospital bed table and a second set of wired gear (because the desk gear has the wires routed behind the desk and zip-tied off.

Let me know if you couch game what the set up looks like and what you're using.

Cheers

Get wired...

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Mouse-wise, my Logitech G700s has no noticeable lag and suit my big hands too. Only downside is battery life is a bit short and will only take two evenings worth of gaming before needing to be recharged, which for your use could be an issue. The G602, which has an optical rather than laser sensor apparently has much better battery life and a very good lag free connection too. Afraid I have no keyboard suggestions though.